hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Headers further than I can kick it

Bit of light relief.....who have you seen (any team) that can header the ball for miles.....my starter is Gordon Rae.....I can often remember him heading from the 18 yard line to about the half way line....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Never seen him myself, but always get told about the guy Eric Black that used to have a header more powerful than most players shots..

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never seen him myself, but always get told about the guy Eric Black that used to have a header more powerful than most players shots..
    he had a fair old bonce on him.

Willie Bauld was a legendary header of the ball, although I never saw him in the flesh. Alan Gordon was good.

The best I have seen though was a dundee united player I had hardly heard of who played for Scotland U-21s back at Tynie in the 70s/ early 80s - scored (or nearly, canny mind) from the edge of the box with a slammer - his name was Andy Gray.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    Phew had great technique.... Could jump incredibly high for a relatively small centre forward.....had that great skill of seemingly hanging in the air waiting for the ball to arrive....

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I remember a Nicky Barmby headed goal for Tottenham from nigh on 20 years ago that was placed into the corner from the edge of the box.

And without exaggeration, I'm sure Henrik Larsson scored a diving header for Sweden in the World Cup from approximately 78 yards out.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I remember a Nicky Barmby headed goal for Tottenham from nigh on 20 years ago that was placed into the corner from the edge of the box.

And without exaggeration, I'm sure Henrik Larsson scored a diving header for Sweden in the World Cup from approximately 78 yards out.

LOL and said with an almost straight face

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by son of haggart View Post

Willie Bauld was a legendary header of the ball, although I never saw him in the flesh. Alan Gordon was good.

The best I have seen though was a dundee united player I had hardly heard of who played for Scotland U-21s back at Tynie in the 70s/ early 80s - scored (or nearly, canny mind) from the edge of the box with a slammer - his name was Andy Gray.
    Now he would stick his head were most wouldn't put their feet !

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Most recent example at Hibs would be big Rob Jones. There were games when his napper was like a magnet for the ball.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Dmitri khoklov no idea why but always renember this goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL0ql...e_gdata_player

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Bit of light relief.....who have you seen (any team) that can header the ball for miles.....my starter is Gordon Rae.....I can often remember him heading from the 18 yard line to about the half way line....
    Aye and that was when we were on the attack

Big Gordon McQueen. Almost unbeatable in the air and was always a threat at set pieces. Remember one he scored from Man U from the edge of the 18 yard box that went into the top of the net like a rocket. Get well soon big man.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If memory serves I remember school taking us to Hampden for an International against NI or Wales, I think, and Derek Johnstone scored a header from outside the 18 yard box.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by son of haggart View Post

Andy was a great header of the ball.

A bit of a big heid-the-ba at times as well, though?

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    If memory serves I remember school taking us to Hampden for an International against NI or Wales, I think, and Derek Johnstone scored a header from outside the 18 yard box.
    Yep

One of the few players comfortable at both centre forward and centre half