hibs.net Messageboard

Strange Voicemail?

Basically got a voicemail today from a very distressed sounding person saying "I don't know what's wrong with me" and to "call an ambulance". Obviously, I couldn't call an ambulance so I called the number back to be greeted with the same person, who sounded perfectly fine. I explained to them what happened and they said "Oh I don't know, sorry"

I have no idea what this could be, I actually hope it's some sort of scam because I don't fancy being left with more of these voicemails because I was naturaly quite worried.

Any ideas?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Basically got a voicemail today from a very distressed sounding person saying "I don't know what's wrong with me" and to "call an ambulance". Obviously, I couldn't call an ambulance so I called the number back to be greeted with the same person, who sounded perfectly fine. I explained to them what happened and they said "Oh I don't know, sorry"

I have no idea what this could be, I actually hope it's some sort of scam because I don't fancy being left with more of these voicemails because I was naturaly quite worried.

Any ideas?
    If it sounded serious I'd call the police - not 999, but your local station to ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    If it sounded serious I'd call the police - not 999, but your local station to ask them.
    That's what I was thinking, but when I phoned back the person sounded fine and seemed as confused as I was. If it happens again I'll definitely have to do something about it.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post

Any ideas?
    Sounds like a scam, if you google voicemail scam there are various examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Sounds like a scam, if you google voicemail scam there are various examples.
    I'd check the number before calling. You might find you'be been charged £6 for phoning back.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Some people lead very strange lives.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals