hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough billbee's Avatar

The Chairmans Message

Together we must reach out to other like-minded supporters, who for whatever reason are not here today. For the team to progress and for the club to flourish we need everyone on board for the journey.

It is easy to speculate that the poor run of results in 2011 has kept supporters away. Reduced attendances damage the club therefore also damage the team. We have to be self sustaining - there is no-one out there who wants to subsidise the cost of our football. So what we have we generate from our own efforts. We have the ability to be the third best attended stadium in the SPL. We should aim to fulfil that potential in 2012.

Cheers Rod - heres my hard cash for usual 5 new season tics, thanks for the encourgement!
    Last edited by billbee; 22-01-2012 at 01:37 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by billbee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Together we must reach out to other like-minded supporters, who for whatever reason are not here today. For the team to progress and for the club to flourish we need everyone on board for the journey.

It is easy to speculate that the poor run of results in 2011 has kept supporters away. Reduced attendances damage the club therefore also damage the team. We have to be self sustaining - there is no-one out there who wants to subsidise the cost of our football. So what we have we generate from our own efforts. We have the ability to be the third best attended stadium in the SPL. We should aim to fulfil that potential in 2012.

Cheers Rod - heres my hard cash for usual 5 new season tics, thanks for the encourgement!
    They are so out of touch its untrue.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Right, that's that settled then.

I'll be emailing the board today.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    Yes but it is your mismanagement that has caused the fans to disappear in the first place !!!!!!

No confidence in the Board whatsoever.

So its our fault then

It's a classic Hibs board statement and something I fully expect from them.

They have treated the fans like spoiled children for too long, pat on the head and run along sonny.

They have no idea about the real values of the club, just pound signs, and that's obvious from that ridiculous statement from them.

I "wasted" 26 quid of my hard earned cash to sit in a freezing cold stadium to watch that mush so pray don't tell me that you want me and many others to sit through endless garbage Hibs teams like this and come back for more so you can retreat to your cosy boardroom for light refreshments while we trudge through the night after another defeat.

I'm done with Hibs until this idiot Petrie is gone, so I probably won't see Hibs in the flesh for a very long time.

Rant over.

Was that issued today??? Ah - you know what regardless -that's nailed it for me. No more ER until that idiot is history! Effing amateur!

Where has this statement come from?

There's no mention of it on the official site.

Where is this from?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tqm View Post
    was that issued today??? Ah - you know what regardless -that's nailed it for me. No more er until that idiot is history! Effing amateur!
    lol.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    It's a classic Hibs board statement and something I fully expect from them.

They have treated the fans like spoiled children for too long, pat on the head and run along sonny.

They have no idea about the real values of the club, just pound signs, and that's obvious from that ridiculous statement from them.

I "wasted" 26 quid of my hard earned cash to sit in a freezing cold stadium to watch that mush so pray don't tell me that you want me and many others to sit through endless garbage Hibs teams like this and come back for more so you can retreat to your cosy boardroom for light refreshments while we trudge through the night after another defeat.

I'm done with Hibs until this idiot Petrie is gone, so I probably won't see Hibs in the flesh for a very long time.

Rant over.
    Well said.

Patronising and insulting nonsense from Noddy Petrie!

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Where has this statement come from?

There's no mention of it on the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post
    Where is this from?
    Yesterday's match programme.

For everyone who still thinks the board are doing fine and not to blame. What do you think of that statement? It's patronising and they actually think we are a bunch of children. Stop backing this bunch of incompetent @rseholes they don't have a clue how to run a football team and they see £££ signs not football players. Cheaper the better for that mob.

The board have told us for a number of years now that we have the 4th biggest budget for transfers in the country. I ask them only one question, why are we not 4th in the league ?

Build a new stand we cannot fill and a training complex wich is larger than we need. These are assets for the club which are only worth anything to those who own the club. Quality on the park has been neglected for far too long and will take a number of years to put right but only with the right people at the helm, something which at this moment in time we do not have.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    The board have told us for a number of years now that we have the 4th biggest budget for transfers in the country. I ask them only one question, why are we not 4th in the league ?

Build a new stand we cannot fill and a training complex wich is larger than we need. These are assets for the club which are only worth anything to those who own the club. Quality on the park has been neglected for far too long and will take a number of years to put right but only with the right people at the helm, something which at this moment in time we do not have.
    Spot on Gordon.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    Was that issued today??? Ah - you know what regardless -that's nailed it for me. No more ER until that idiot is history! Effing amateur!
    I'm sure he'll miss your visits. I hear they paid for a pair of socks once from them.

That is unbelievable. The only thing missing is the hideous together we are stronger cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    I think he just expects us to be subservient wee souls, turn up every couple of weeks hand in our donation and run along like good wee boys and girls.

A quick read through some of the threads on here should show him that that attitude wont cut it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post

Spot on. Neglect is the charge - and guilty the verdict. Sadly, no one will take the Board away!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I'm sure he'll miss your visits. I hear they paid for a pair of socks once from them.
    Think it was just one sock..
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    All he is saying is that there is no magic wand. There is no investment available. We will get what the supporters generate. We wont be splashing any cash we dont have. Its up to everyone involved with the club.
    I must be blind as I cant see this is amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

I'm one of a growing band of thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    Wow, just wow. Pinning the blame for our problems on the fans who have stopped attending is typical of the Hibs board, why can't they take a bit of responsibility for it themselves instead of pointing fingers at everyone else.

How do they seriously expect us to convince anyone to pay money to come and watch our team lose match after match at home? I find it difficult enough to convince myself to go along and I have a season ticket.

It is easy to speculate that the poor run of results in 2011 has kept supporters away.
    This is fact, not speculation.

Reduced attendances damage the club therefore also damage the team.
    So does mis-management of the club allowing a downward spiral to continue year after year.

We have to be self sustaining - there is no-one out there who wants to subsidise the cost of our football. So what we have we generate from our own efforts.
    I'm sorry but the time has come to borrow some cash and spend it on the team, sometimes you need to invest to prevent the risk of losing a huge amount (i.e. relegation will cost us a lot more than say an extra million quid to invest in the team).

We have the ability to be the third best attended stadium in the SPL.
    At the moment we don't, and until the product on offer improves drastically and our spl status is made very safe we won't have.

We should aim to fulfil that potential in 2012.
    Aiming to stay in the spl and improve the team would be a better objective IMO, the rest will follow.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    For everyone who still thinks the board are doing fine and not to blame. What do you think of that statement? It's patronising and they actually think we are a bunch of children. Stop backing this bunch of incompetent @rseholes they don't have a clue how to run a football team and they see £££ signs not football players. Cheaper the better for that mob.
    What £££££ Signs are these? The 900k loss last year? Wake up there is no money to spend. The only ones that are going to help us is us.

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    OK, thanks.

Then in that case, that is a truly astonishing statement for the Chairman to come out with and he has shown himself to be as far removed from reality as you can possibly be.

How the board can attempt to shift any of the responsibility of poor results, which have lasted for practically two years now, onto the shoulders of the fans is beyond belief. In almost the last year now, we have won the grand total of one (yes ONE!) SPL match at Easter Road and have picked up just 9 points out of a possible 51 in that time. With statistics like that, how can anyone connected with the club expect supporters to shell out £22 every other week to watch utter garbage, without seeing something positive from the club first?

It's time for the lot of them to leave and for people with fresh ideas to come in and move this club forward.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    All he is saying is that there is no magic wand. There is no investment available. We will get what the supporters generate. We wont be splashing any cash we dont have. Its up to everyone involved with the club.
    Professionals would have stopped the rot that set in years ago

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    OK, thanks.

Then in that case, that is a truly astonishing statement for the Chairman to come out with and he has shown himself to be as far removed from reality as you can possibly be.

How the board can attempt to shift any of the responsibility of poor results, which have lasted for practically two years now, onto the shoulders of the fans is beyond belief. In almost the last year now, we have won the grand total of one (yes ONE!) SPL match at Easter Road and have picked up just 9 points out of a possible 51 in that time. With statistics like that, how can anyone connected with the club expect supporters to shell out £22 every other week to watch utter garbage, without seeing something positive from the club first?

It's time for the lot of them to leave and for people with fresh ideas to come in and move this club forward.
    No, no, no - its all my fault. Well me and thousands of others

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    He has mismanaged the money when the fans were attending. why should we think he will do any better in the future. he is happy to spend on the infrastructure which only he and STF will benefit from when they come to sell but we continue to bring in garbage players as this eats into his profits.

We won't pay a fee for a player but he is prepared to allow us to get into a position where we will lose much more if we are relegated. it makes no sense.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar

What's missing from that statement is something which acknowledges how terrible the team have been for ages and why we are looking at a relegation fight. Or is that the fans' fault too?