hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Board Out

Board Out

We've tried every other aspect and now there's only one other aspect of Hibs that needs changed and that's the Board...so do the right thing Petrie and co. and step down!

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    how can defensive errors week in week out be blamed on the board room?

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Let's hope we see a few players this week. Otherwise we are ******!
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    I really don't know why we persist with the same ***** players at the back. Bin the ****in lot of thum, bring the young lads.

@hibs.net private member
    Sorry but it was the defense that cost us not the board

Quote Originally Posted by Littlest Hobo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't know why we persist with the same ***** players at the back. Bin the ****in lot of thum, bring the young lads.
    It was 2 young lads in Hanlon and Stephens who were the biggest problems today.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Board out? Yes that's likely to happen isn't it. Were stuck with these guys.

It's been discussed on countless occasions on these boards but we have the 4th biggest budget in the country yet we don't have A SINGLE DEFENDER at the club that is anything more than average. That in itself is a disgrace. We're terrible, terrible and even more terrible at the back.

I trust Pat Fenlon to get better than we have, tbh it can't be hard.

Of course it's the players that are the problem, but if the board are not willing to shift resources to find new players we are never going to get out of this position, we have had great investment in a new training ground, new stands, and now we need new players but it is not happening

It will never happen if supporters don't protest about it enough, as a previous poster has said it's not the board who are losing goals galore but this biscuit tin mentality must end soon.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purehibee1875 View Post
    We've tried every other aspect and now there's only one other aspect of Hibs that needs changed and that's the Board...so do the right thing Petrie and co. and step down!

GGTTH

Standing back and looking at this post my feelings are yes we may want the board out

but now isn't the time ..

We just have to get on with it and hope we can regroup in the summer ...

Are the fans being too patient with this board??

I feel that any boos must be directed in their direction - reasons below

worst defence in years
    7 points behind the team in 10th place
    no home wins since oct 2011
    fans leaving in droves

Im really finding it hard to focus on the positives - yes we are scoring goals but we are conceding at least 2 every week.

This isnt good enough and if the board (who earn a lot of money) dont find money to purchase new players then they must go.

They have had enough time to sort out the mess they partly created and it isnt good enough.

there is now a real danger of relegation, they have 10 days to get the players in that we so desperately need.

I hope by releasing thornhill, palsson, agogo and sodje that they players are ready to sign, cause if not we are in deep trouble.

Cmon MR Petrie and Co - get it sorted

Quote Originally Posted by andy1875 View Post
    Board out? Yes that's likely to happen isn't it. Were stuck with these guys.

It's been discussed on countless occasions on these boards but we have the 4th biggest budget in the country yet we don't have A SINGLE DEFENDER at the club that is anything more than average. That in itself is a disgrace. We're terrible, terrible and even more terrible at the back.

I trust Pat Fenlon to get better than we have, tbh it can't be hard
    That's the problem though, I think it IS hard.

Fenlon will have been working with agents, his own scouts etc trying to identify defender(s), but factors such as this window being notoriously bad for trying to get quality in, our current position and that very few players even from the lower leagues in England are going to come up here for the wages we pay.

The sooner folk realise that the Board isn't going anywhere, the better. We could sell 1,000 STs next season and they'll stay in place. The fans have absolutely no say in it.

The fact that, after almost 5 years of utter under-performance, Rodders can still walk BTG, speaking to his mates, shows that either we're a compliant bunch or apathy is rife.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    That's the problem though, I think it IS hard.

Fenlon will have been working with agents, his own scouts etc trying to identify defender(s), but factors such as this window being notoriously bad for trying to get quality in, our current position and that very few players even from the lower leagues in England are going to come up here for the wages we pay.
    Whilst our scouting operation is piss-poor or non-existent, most signings will be complete hit-and-miss.

They can spend money when it's on Real Estate that increases the value of Rods stake in Hibs but penny pinch when it comes to the bit they know F... all about !. I said long ago that this would get worse before it gets better but i never thought it would get to this stage. Most problems in life can be solved by throwing cash at it but these miserly gits seem unable to do this so be it , we will have a nice shiny new stand in the SFL which they will have to close to save some cash , ironic or what.

Time to have a serious think board

How many managers do we need to go through?

It seems we are a great selling club to the old firm and down south but no so great at replacing the talent that leaves. Who's responsible for this???

I think for the benefit of our club Mr Petrie, Mr Lindsey and the rest of the board need to seriously rethink their positions.

We've tried the sacking of managers over the last 5-10 years and its only came back to bite us!

Time to go!!!!

Left by mutual consent!

GGTTH
    And bring who in? I agree big changes must be made all over the club, but id like to see the board look for investors to help.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by marco1875 View Post
    And bring who in? I agree big changes must be made all over the club, but id like to see the board look for investors to help.

The board are only Farmers muppets or should i say puppets, the only way for us to
    ressurect the intolerable decline of the Football club is for all Hibs fans to make it abundantly
    clear that either Farmer invests now or sell up. It would be IMO in the best interests of
    all concerned including Farmer, as even he won't like to be associated with the legacy of two
    relegated teams. It's time for all Hibs fans to say enough is enough and protest now.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Paddy View Post
    The board are only Farmers muppets or should i say puppets, the only way for us to
    ressurect the intolerable decline of the Football club is for all Hibs fans to make it abundantly
    clear that either Farmer invests now or sell up. It would be IMO in the best interests of
    all concerned including Farmer, as even he won't like to be associated with the legacy of two
    relegated teams. It's time for all Hibs fans to say enough is enough and protest now.
    leeds fans did that today, protesting against "an.absentee chairman and lack of investment in the team". There were hundreds of them there. Not sure if it would achieve anything for us though.
    Last edited by The Green Goblin; 22-01-2012 at 12:47 AM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

GGTTH
    And when that doesn't work?

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    how can defensive errors week in week out be blamed on the board room?
    Just as in ANY business ... if there are systemic and obvious weaknesses that are impacting the overall performance of the business and the Board do not do anything about it, then they are not fit for office and should be removed. In a most industries that is either by the shareholders who vote them out or by the regulators. In Hibs case, STF - the major share owner - doesn't really care about Hibs and there are no external regulators.

So that basically leaves the FANS as the only ones to seriously question the Board. Sadly questions about this Board have been asked for YEARS - following a catalogue of gaffs from hiring & firing Sauzee in 69 days, to meeting with the players behind JCs back, to hiring Hughes and Calderwood, to NOT selling Calderwood when is was offered on a plate.

I said on another thread that for the most part ST J had better players all over the park yesterday and to cap it all they brought on a sub who wages we were unable/unwilling to match in the summer and all this from a club who can hardly get 3k for some games !. Says it all really ,

@hibs.net private member
    The last thing we need right now is a major change such as this. What we need now is a big reaction: from the board, the management team, players and fans. The board need to dig deeper than they want to. They may have thought that we were heading to safety. Yesterday showed we are in real danger.

to change the board at this time would get us relegated - we would unsettle the whole club....
    Last edited by bigwheel; 22-01-2012 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Spelling

I wonder what STF would want for Hibernain Football Club seems that a few offers have been knocked back

:pfgwa