hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NEW Hibernian TV

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20...262950_2581726

Glad they've got round to improving this as the picture quality was poor and the aspect ratio was all wrong. Will be interesting to see it this afternoon. Would like to see a lot more historical games on it. Now they just have to sort the iPhone app.

Last edited by green glory; 19-01-2012 at 09:50 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by green glory View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Glad they've round to improving this as the picture quality was poor and the aspect ratio was all wrong. Will be interesting to see it this afternoon. Would like to see a lot more historical games on it. Now they just have to sort the iPhone app.

I'm sure almost nobody will agree with me and its just a stupid thing and I'm sure he is the best man for the job and all that but it doesn't feel right all those interviews for Hibs TV being done with an English accent.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

Glad they've round to improving this as the picture quality was poor and the aspect ratio was all wrong. Will be interesting to see it this afternoon. Would like to see a lot more historical games on it. Now they just have to sort the iPhone app.

find this bit strange
    "we are pleased to announce that Hibernian TV International will replace Hibernian TV LIVE from this weekend going forward.
    The quality of the video stream enabling you to watch the action from afar will be vastly superior to the previous video stream used on TV LIVE. Full price details will be available when the relaunch happens this afternoon. Please note a sizeable amount of Hibernian matches will be broadcast via Hibernian International (both home and away), but not every home game as before with TV LIVE"

Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I'm sure almost nobody will agree with me and its just a stupid thing and I'm sure he is the best man for the job and all that but it doesn't feel right all those interviews for Hibs TV being done with an English accent.
    My best friend lives down South in England - he has "an English accent" - he's been there since he was 12, he is however a huge Hibs fan and is up whenever he can make it - surely the accent per se is not a problem?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy View Post
    find this bit strange
    "we are pleased to announce that Hibernian TV International will replace Hibernian TV LIVE from this weekend going forward.
    The quality of the video stream enabling you to watch the action from afar will be vastly superior to the previous video stream used on TV LIVE. Full price details will be available when the relaunch happens this afternoon. Please note a sizeable amount of Hibernian matches will be broadcast via Hibernian International (both home and away), but not every home game as before with TV LIVE"

It might be a hook up with a company that already does the old firm for example. Maybe the old firm would kybosh those games because they already transmit them internationally through their own outlets?

find this bit strange

Part you`ve highlighted is worrying . Wonder which home matches will not be shown . This may explain why season ticket has yet to be offered this season when originally they said it`d be available from October I think .

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    My best friend lives down South in England - he has "an English accent" - he's been there since he was 12, he is however a huge Hibs fan and is up whenever he can make it - surely the accent per se is not a problem?
    No, agreed, it's just stupid, but it still bothers me.

find this bit strange

Yeah - that amazed as well - as an overseas fan I love watching all the home games - be interesting to see how many home games are not going go be shown... can't quite see why this has to be the case and how this is an improvement?

No its not his accent that grinds my gears its his delivery and his mundane voice. He actually makes it sound like he would rather be anywhere else than doing an interview. No passion for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    Yeah - that amazed as well - as an overseas fan I love watching all the home games - be interesting to see how many home games are not going go be shown... can't quite see why this has to be the case and how this is an improvement?

I'm guessing that what they are about to do is exactly what they did at Hearts.

There will be no 'local' involvement in 'international live' - it will be taken from a feed in London and fed to the internet from there. That is why they can't guarantee every game any more - because not every game will send a live feed to the London studio.

The club will get little or nothing from this

only at hibs can they go backwards going forward

It could be worse. He could have my accent.

@hibs.net private member Aubenas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But still not Mac friendly?????
    Philly McGuinness, Leitrim GAA, died playing in a club match for Mohill. He epitomised all that is best about sport, making a 6 hour round trip to training three times a week from his workplace in Mayo, and was never late. His motto was 'Give it all, or give nothing'. One for all sportsmen to consider.

Left by mutual consent!
    I agree about the interviewer. It doesn't feel right to me with an English accent also. Although the main problem I have with him is that when hes commentating/interviewing he doesn't seem to know his arse from his elbow when it comes to Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubenas View Post
    But still not Mac friendly?????
    will be in flash format, watched the last hibs v aberdeen match from ER on red tv and it was flash

I'm guessing that what they are about to do is exactly what they did at Hearts.

There will be no 'local' involvement in 'international live' - it will be taken from a feed in London and fed to the internet from there. That is why they can't guarantee every game any more - because not every game will send a live feed to the London studio.

The club will get little or nothing from this

only at hibs can they go backwards going forward
    Been a member for some years now - seems to me the further it gets away from the local feel the less good it does the club as a whole ... and the less connected I feel to it as a fan...

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    will be in flash format, watched the last hibs v aberdeen match from ER on red tv and it was flash
    not ipad friendly then

Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    not ipad friendly then
    its ****ing so stupid. I wish Apple and Adobe would grow up. There is surely something in it for both parties to make up. With Apples founder no more you would think this would be possible.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    No its not his accent that grinds my gears its his delivery and his mundane voice. He actually makes it sound like he would rather be anywhere else than doing an interview. No passion for it.
    Thats how i feel too. Its nothing to do with his accent, he just sounds bored. If it was all about accents, nobody would like Boozy doing it?

I always felt that the interviews were being held in a toilet as the sound was terrible, Hibs really have to up the sticks about this for me to have any idea of paying for it, it's been terrible in the past but I do hope this is the turning point.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Thats how i feel too. Its nothing to do with his accent, he just sounds bored. If it was all about accents, nobody would like Boozy doing it?
    Should maybe get Macar to do it

Should maybe get Macar to do it
    His 2 minute stint on Jim traynors show every week is more than enough thank you very much.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Maybe that's it. He just reminds me of all these boring idiots I meet in London that are supposedly big football fans, probably support Aresenal and when you talk to them about anything its obvious they don't know the first thing about their club or football in general.

Have not watched live home game since Aberdeen early in the season.

Quality is just so average/poor, you can usually find better streams online for free.

Besides the commentary isn't what it used to be either, but perhaps being a crap team for 2 years has been the biggest reason I don't part with my money or waste my time watching......... It's good to hear the picture might be better, but not all games sounds strange and like Saturday, the game is on 2 or 3 Sat channels, meaning some pubs may have it and there will be a free stream online.

I used to absolutely love the HI TV live, but as I said many factors has put me off.
    Last edited by Craig_in_Prague; 19-01-2012 at 11:05 AM.

its ****ing so stupid. I wish Apple and Adobe would grow up. There is surely something in it for both parties to make up. With Apples founder no more you would think this would be possible.
    Adobe have stopped the development of mobile Flash anyway.

notice bbc alba are showing game on sat which backs up my earlier post that games will be streamed from london

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Or maybe they shoudl develop the service without using flash...since they know that this will not be available to a significant amout of users

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

Glad they've got round to improving this as the picture quality was poor and the aspect ratio was all wrong. Will be interesting to see it this afternoon. Would like to see a lot more historical games on it. Now they just have to sort the iPhone app.

I was going to bring this up at some point, but is anyone else having trouble reading the news stories on the app, it seems to crash when i want to check the news. I dont think they have updated it for iOS5

First Team Breakthrough Hibee_Dave's Avatar
    I actually think the guy who does the interviews (Andrew Sleight) is pretty decent and makes a nice change from some of the monotone idiots in the media in Scotland. I think he does his research reasonably well and shows it in interviews asking questions relating to the club's history, current issues etc etc. He's a professional journalist and used to work for the SRU for quite a while - I think for Hibs to have landed someone like that is actually a good piece of work - he's behind everything media-wise at the club, including the programme (for which he won editor of the year).

I think having a go at him based on his accent is incredibly petty to be honest and almost smacks of a "we don't like 'um cos he's English"....of course, the OP may not mean that but if he does then it's appalling tbh!

Also, if it's the same guy, he wrote Robbie Keane's biography! So he's not just some mug off the street.

But hey, there's just no pleasing some people!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee_Dave View Post
    I actually think the guy who does the interviews (Andrew Sleight) is pretty decent and makes a nice change from some of the monotone idiots in the media in Scotland. I think he does his research reasonably well and shows it in interviews asking questions relating to the club's history, current issues etc etc. He's a professional journalist and used to work for the SRU for quite a while - I think for Hibs to have landed someone like that is actually a good piece of work - he's behind everything media-wise at the club, including the programme (for which he won editor of the year).

I think having a go at him based on his accent is incredibly petty to be honest and almost smacks of a "we don't like 'um cos he's English"....of course, the OP may not mean that but if he does then it's appalling tbh!

Also, if it's the same guy, he wrote Robbie Keane's biography! So he's not just some mug off the street.

But hey, there's just no pleasing some people!
    Not for me, i just find him boring. His manner in the way he interviews is dull as dish water imo. Maybe he's suited to rugby, because imo he does not give me what i want from a Hibs interviewer or commentator.

Being English has nothing to do with this whatsoever, as i said earlier, Boozy comes over well because he's enthusiastic, and you can tell he just wants us to do so well.

Andrew does none of that, and personally he puts me off listening. Well done for being editor of programme of the year, maybe thats what he's good at, but should leave the commentary and interviews to someone else?

The English make the best commentators/presenters. For some reason a quite plummy middle to lower class English accent delivered by a guy you know is a totally boring barsteward works perfectly with the old industrial working-class game of association football.