hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Fire sale not going too well

I was told tonight that threats and innuendo are the order of the day across the city.

Certain of Hearts' higher earners are not at all keen to walk away from their lucrative contracts because, although, they do have suitors, they aren't being offered anything like similar terms and the owner is none too happy.

Either Hearts are going to have to stump up heavy compensation payments to get rid of these players or their wage bill isn't going to reduce by anywhere as much as they need or as quickly.

This might be good for their squad in the short term, but it will mean even more severe restrictions in future.

Expect Vlad to announce that he has changed his strategy and that he now wants to retain a stronger squad than originally suggested. The believers will lap it up.

However, after the wages complaints and now this, it seems the monkey(s) and the organ grinder may have changed position.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was told tonight that threats and innuendo are the order of the day across the city.

Certain of Hearts' higher earners are not at all keen to walk away from their lucrative contracts because, although, they do have suitors, they aren't being offered anything like similar terms and the owner is none too happy.

Either Hearts are going to have to stump up heavy compensation payments to get rid of these players or their wage bill isn't going to reduce by anywhere as much as they need or as quickly.

This might be good for their squad in the short term, but it will mean even more severe restrictions in future.

Expect Vlad to announce that he has changed his strategy and that he now wants to retain a stronger squad than originally suggested. The believers will lap it up.

However, after the wages complaints and now this, it seems the monkey(s) and the organ grinder may have changed position.

I am friends with a Scot who is manager of an English League One side and we had a chat about football and the " Slum dwellers" last week.
    He feels that they will end up " taking what they are offered" for players they want to sell,
    " Down here we all know of their financial situation which makes it very much a buyers market, My own thoughts are many of the players will just sit out their contract , walk away, and pick up a nice signing on fee with a new club "

As I have said before the big problem comes in May when the season ends and "cash at the gate " ceases and they are faced with cash flow issues

Sure they will survive but as a totally different financially run club .
    Last edited by jdships; 18-01-2012 at 09:08 AM.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    As I have said before the big problem comes in May when the season ends and "cash at the gate " ceases and they are faced with cash flow issues.
    Unless the hotel complex is built and generating revenue by then.

Testimonial Due
    This was always a cert as they paid inflated wages that nobody will match unless its for their few better players that could attract a fee. Those that are worth a fee are minimal and two of them (Stevenson and Kello) are out of contract in the summer so worth 100-200k probably. Templeton and Driver will go for more but not £1m+ and for some reason Vlad must think a loan deal for Driver is best as his value will increase after he does the business on loan??

Hearts can't afford to pay their normal wages so they won't be able to pay players off.....unless Templeton or Driver are sold for 500k+.

Barr, Black, Hamill, Taouil, Elliott etc etc - these guys would need to go hope a wealthier club in League one (or Crawley) for example were interested as there will be no comparable wage offers from Scotland and I cant see a clamour for their services from the championship where clubs could easily afford them.

It means they will remain a fairly strong squad till the end of the season but their financial situation will not be improving....which is nice!

Coaching Staff
    Yep, we may have to put up with another half season of them being relatively strong on the pitch.

For all the public posturing about improving fiances they weill be absolutley desperate to get cash in for players and are trying their best to llok now like they don't need to accept anyhting which doesn'r mett their valuations.

That might chane at the end of the month or the players might just push them closer to death by staying put.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    I am friends with a Scot who is manager of an English League One side and we had a chat about football and the " Slum dwellers" last week.
    He feels that they will end up " taking what they are offered" for players they want to sell,
    " Down here we all know of their financial situation which makes it very much a buyers market, My own thoughts are many of the players will just sit out their contract , walk away, and pick up a nice signing on fee with a new club "

As I have said before the big problem comes in May when the season ends and "cash at the gate " ceases and they are faced with cash flow issues

Sure they will survive but as a totally different financially run club .
    Jdships, would that be PD ?

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Jdships, would that be PD ?
    I " plead the fifth amendment"
    Aint saying yes aint saying no

Paul Daniels?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsidehibby View Post
    Paul Daniels?

Hey ! That's a good one
    Being a " Magician" he should make a good football manager

Heard they tried to punt Susan to Barca. They might have to 'wait' a while for that one to go through.

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    The BBC Gossip for the SPL is saying they have approached Rangers to say they will accept £100,000 less on the fee for Lee Wallace if they are paid £700,000 cash now. Now if Rangers were not bankrupt and agreed then the firesale could be put off to May. Shame really

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aljo7-0 View Post
    The BBC Gossip for the SPL is saying they have approached Rangers to say they will accept £100,000 less on the fee for Lee Wallace if they are paid £700,000 cash now. Now if Rangers were not bankrupt and agreed then the firesale could be put off to May. Shame really

cause for a treble celebration then, some anniversary already takes place in may each year, something to do with a league/cup double win in 1986 i think it was

Quote Originally Posted by aljo7-0 View Post

I love the Record quote

Hearts have demanded that Rangers settle their £800,000 bill for Lee Wallace immediately, and have offered them a discount of more than £100,000 off the original price tag to get the cash up front. (Record)
    so according to this, the Yams agree a deal, then demand it to be changed!!!

Embarrassing!!!

Left by mutual consent!

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BathgateHibby View Post
    I love the Record quote

so according to this, the Yams agree a deal, then demand it to be changed!!!

Embarrassing!!!

Not so sure they demand it be changed, just DR trying to put a spin on the story.

My understanding is that HMFC are trying to claw in money, and this is one avenue they are trying.

Offer better terms and see if they, (The Huns) bite. I don't see anything wrong with this in today's financial market..

Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    Not so sure they demand it be changed, just DR trying to put a spin on the story.

My understanding is that HMFC are trying to claw in money, and this is one avenue they are trying.

Offer better terms and see if they, (The Huns) bite. I don't see anything wrong with this in today's financial market..
    I actually meant to use the word IF in my post above...

Agree that if they are just saking (begging), then thats OK!!

Quote Originally Posted by BathgateHibby View Post
    I actually meant to use the word IF in my post above...

Agree that if they are just saking (begging), then thats OK!!

But you didn't

All in all it's good reading as the Huns don't appear to have the cash any way. And should they end up in administration it's a win win situation

@hibs.net private member BurghHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    But you didn't

All in all it's good reading as the Huns don't appear to have the cash any way. And should they end up in administration it's a win win situation
    When are the Huns due to be told by HMRC that their tea is oot?

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by BurghHibby View Post
    I am pretty sure i read it was next week that its back up.

I really get the feeling with the noises coming out of Ibrox that they already know they are pretty goosed though.

EDIT: I just realised that my landmark 1000th post is about the possible demise of Der Hun, this makes me happy.
    Last edited by stokesmessiah; 19-01-2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: 1000th post

Coaching Staff
    One of the strange things to emerge rom the last few days is Hearts fans demanding that the SPL do something about Rangers' debt.

Okay, so firstly that's a bit bizarre because they have quite hapily themselves been sittring at around £40 million debt and they have never seen it is anyone else's business.

Secondly, Rangers haven't yet begun to default on any of their payment obligations to players or other member clubs as far as I am aware.

Taken as a percentage of turnover, even if Ranger get hit with the tax bill, Hearts debt is still way in excess of anyting seen at Ibrox!

As for the instalments - Hearts barely pay people themselves when they are meant to, and they expect someone else to agree to an earlier date than what had previously been agreed!!

Am sure I read somewhere that it will be announced in a month or two

Only around 50 sleeps

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    One of the strange things to emerge rom the last few days is Hearts fans demanding that the SPL do something about Rangers' debt.

Okay, so firstly that's a bit bizarre because they have quite hapily themselves been sittring at around £40 million debt and they have never seen it is anyone else's business.

Secondly, Rangers haven't yet begun to default on any of their payment obligations to players or other member clubs as far as I am aware.

Taken as a percentage of turnover, even if Ranger get hit with the tax bill, Hearts debt is still way in excess of anyting seen at Ibrox!

As for the instalments - Hearts barely pay people themselves when they are meant to, and they expect someone else to agree to an earlier date than what had previously been agreed!!
    Andy74 you are being very naive and your lack of football knowledge is dumbfounding, you clearly don't know that this is how all big clubs operate.

On a serious note, i dont know why anyone is surprised by the crap that goes on at Tynecastle anymore as you just couldnt write it. I just noticed on bbc (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16631375.stm) that Paulo Sergio reckons a point deduction would only be harmful to a squad already being hurt by late payments. Paulo ya muppet if the club you worked for conducted themselves and their business then none of this would be happening !!!!

First Team Breakthrough itchy07's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: itchy07
    It can be as little as 2 months but there is no fixed date. The decision will be announced when they've made it. Could be a year in extreme cases. Still, sooner the better.

The First Tier Tribunal (Tax) has now concluded (yesterday I think, maybe Wednesday).

Their fate now rests in the hands of the Establishment, who will need to decide whether they do owe HMRC money and if they do, how much.

Suggestions that a decision could be as late as April, as there is no deadline or time-limit, some cases take more than 12 months, though this one is not expected to take so long.

The far bigger question is how little will the SPL/SFA do about Der Hun IF Craigy-it-will-be-all-Whyte-on-the-night has to liquidate them (to avoid giving HMRC circa £45m).

Of course we have the scenario where the Scottish Mainstream Media has adopted a News and Comment blackout. Expect that to change were Rangers liquidated - the SMM would then rise as one to DEMAND their reinstatement, immediately (for the good of the game/league etc etc).

As Rangers will appeal any adverse finding it'll drag on.The main date for them is 31st March-the date they must have audited accounts to be allowed a certificate to play Euro football next season.

Why did Hearts not demand cash on delivery of the Wallace transfer?

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    As Rangers will appeal any adverse finding it'll drag on.The main date for them is 31st March-the date they must have audited accounts to be allowed a certificate to play Euro football next season.

Must have believed the press stories at the time. There was no problem and if there was it would be Murray International who would be responsible for any money due to HMRC.

More fool them

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Coz their big brother wouldnae gi them it

This is the appeal AH. The end of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    This is the appeal AH. The end of the road.
    Was just about to post that this is the appeal stage of the investigation. So sad to see such great institutions as Rangers and Hearts suffering so much.
    Last edited by Dashing Bob S; 19-01-2012 at 06:56 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Was just about to post that this is the appeal stage of the investigation. Do sad to see such great institutions as Rangers and Hearts suffering so much.
    Ah'm pure greetin' so ah am.