hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rangers Away / Club Members

Rangers tickets on sale Monday for Season Ticket holders and Club members......

Why are Club members who pay £20, given the same ticketing rights as a Season Ticket Member....?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Why are Club members who pay £20, given the same ticketing rights as a Season Ticket Member....?
    I'm surprised at this too - they should be between STs and 'the public' - but I can't imagine that, Tynecastle aside sometimes, it will be much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I'm surprised at this too - they should be between STs and 'the public' - but I can't imagine that, Tynecastle aside sometimes, it will be much of an issue.
    Granted it wont be an issue Beefster, but when the Membership was started, it was said they would be after Season Ticket Holders......Is there any reason for having a Season Ticket anymore?

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Granted it wont be an issue Beefster, but when the Membership was started, it was said they would be after Season Ticket Holders......Is there any reason for having a Season Ticket anymore?
    Same seat at an ever so slightly reduced price every home game

Not really. I miss about 4 games a season so it costs me money to have one. I do like my seat though.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Same seat at an ever so slightly reduced price every home game
    The new marketing for renewals will be dropping through our letterboxes shortly.... Given relegation will probably still remain a threat, plenty available spaces on a matchday, and now Club Membership receiving similar privileges, then it is going to be a very interesting read to see what the renewal offer is...........

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Exactly mate that's a joke, they have our dough upfront so why are we not getting priority. Not disrespect intended to non season ticket holders but i always thought that the point in being a season ticket member is so that you get proriity on ticket sales for big games and early bird offers etc. Another marketing fail by Hibs. Will they ever learn??

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Exactly mate that's a joke, they have our dough upfront so why are we not getting priority. Not disrespect intended to non season ticket holders but i always thought that the point in being a season ticket member is so that you get proriity on ticket sales for big games and early bird offers etc. Another marketing fail by Hibs. Will they ever learn??
    I doubt it

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I doubt it

They never put the fans first and its becoming tiresome.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    They'll probably operate that way for matches where excessive demand is expected such as cup finals (don't laugh), I doubt a trip to Greyskull counts.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    They'll probably operate that way for matches where excessive demand is expected such as cup finals (don't laugh), I doubt a trip to Greyskull counts.
    You were doing so well until you mentioned cup final

@hibs.net private member
    Now I could be wrong here, I hope I am but did club members not get charged the £1.50 per ticket booking fee for the dunfy game? Somebody told me this was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Will they ever learn??
    Indeed. You would think by now that they should know that it doesn't matter what they do...............

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Someone's on a right downer today
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    Now I could be wrong here, I hope I am but did club members not get charged the £1.50 per ticket booking fee for the dunfy game? Somebody told me this was the case.
    It was advertised as no booking fee if you had a membership

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Indeed. You would think by now that they should know that it doesn't matter what they do...............
    Do you think someone who pays £20 should receive same privilege as someone who pays £400?

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Someone's on a right downer today
    Im always on a downer, its the medication......Might improve if we secure 3 points tomorrow though

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Im always on a downer, its the medication......Might improve if we secure 3 points tomorrow though
    Might?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Might?
    Only if we play with flair, score ten, and don't concede

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Do you think someone who pays £20 should receive same privilege as someone who pays £400?
    Of course they shouldn't. Just hope that I can get tickets for this game!

Seems a bit unfair on the face of it.

To be fair, our support at the Theatre of Unemployment was piss poor last time so it may be because of that. 400 or so if I recall.

@hibs.net private member millarco's Avatar

I think it's just because they've been slow at organising the Rangers tickets (don't know whether there was a hold-up on our end or theirs, but thought they'd been on sale before now). Were season ticket holders not given the advanced sales option for tomorrow's game?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post

To be fair, our support at the Theatre of Unemployment was piss poor last time so it may be because of that. 400 or so if I recall.
    Exactly. There would be no advantage to anyone for staggered sales of this fixture. Hibs clearly don't expect much demand, so in this case I wouldn't see the point in doing so.

@hibs.net private member Lang Toun Hibs's Avatar
    Yes...I think season ticket members get 'free' entry to home games which is maybe why they are charged £400 as opposed to £20 just to be a member.

I can't quite believe this is being discussed as an issue in such a negative light. What are we like. Hope the atmosphere at the game tomorrow is a bit more positive than the majority of posts on this forum. Nightmare.

Club Membership Scheme

I have to agree with you on this one...........(heaven forbid!) I too was thinking along these lines when they first announced this scheme.

A few seasons ago the club introduced a similar system to get in more money and promised second billing on away tickets to holders. That system did not work and i am curious to find out if this one will either?

I too have paid for my season ticket which allows me my prefered seat at every home league game at a slightly reduced price. If i want to sit there for cup games and friendlies i have to pay for a cup top up or ticket?

Each Christmas the club promotes the half season ticket, which again brings money into the club. These season ticket holders are given a free game to start their ticket off. Then we had the introduction of the club membership scheme, where for £20 the holders are given the same priority as season ticket holders for ticketed games, away games and CUP FINALS (if only) they are also given money off vouchers for use in the shop and lower ticket prices too.

Almost every season special deals to try and get the punters in are promoted with ie. two for the price of one, bring along the family promotions and Green Day etc. Where as a season ticket holder am i benefiting here? I dont grudge the walk up supporter anything and i do understand that the club needs money. I think its getting to the stage now where i begining to feel the regular season ticket holder is being taken for granted here (again my opinion) .....

So where next season other than having my own seat, will it benefit me to be a season ticket holder? As if i dont buy a season ticket but purchase the club memebership at £20 im assured of a ticket to the away games anyway and i can also take the benefits of reduced prices at promotion days too?

Decisions decisions ?????

Blog Entries
    I'm a long time ST holder...no problem from me as long as common sense is used for matches when ST demand might use all allocation....

Anyone willing to go there and support team should be encouraged....its hard when these days there is little chance of waking up on a Saturday...and just deciding to go as we would in the past...hard to have to plan every game so far ahead....

It might be a while till there should be concern about 'House Full' signs when ever Hibs play....

@hibs.net private member
    FFS we have 5000 ST holders so its unlikely we will take even 10% of that to ipox. We never take big support anywhere. Tomorrow is our biggest game of the season and we will be lucky to 3000 .

Pretty unfair on ST holders I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunning Hibs View Post
    Yes...I think season ticket members get 'free' entry to home games which is maybe why they are charged £400 as opposed to £20 just to be a member.

I can't quite believe this is being discussed as an issue in such a negative light. What are we like. Hope the atmosphere at the game tomorrow is a bit more positive than the majority of posts on this forum. Nightmare.
    How is it free entry when you pay £400? Struggle to understand that....

On reflection Club Members are actually getting better deal for Ibrox as they don't incur the booking fee, that Season ticket holders do if booking online or via Ticketmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    I have to agree with you on this one...........(heaven forbid!) I too was thinking along these lines when they first announced this scheme.

A few seasons ago the club introduced a similar system to get in more money and promised second billing on away tickets to holders. That system did not work and i am curious to find out if this one will either?

I too have paid for my season ticket which allows me my prefered seat at every home league game at a slightly reduced price. If i want to sit there for cup games and friendlies i have to pay for a cup top up or ticket?

Each Christmas the club promotes the half season ticket, which again brings money into the club. These season ticket holders are given a free game to start their ticket off. Then we had the introduction of the club membership scheme, where for £20 the holders are given the same priority as season ticket holders for ticketed games, away games and CUP FINALS (if only) they are also given money off vouchers for use in the shop and lower ticket prices too.

Almost every season special deals to try and get the punters in are promoted with ie. two for the price of one, bring along the family promotions and Green Day etc. Where as a season ticket holder am i benefiting here? I dont grudge the walk up supporter anything and i do understand that the club needs money. I think its getting to the stage now where i begining to feel the regular season ticket holder is being taken for granted here (again my opinion) .....

So where next season other than having my own seat, will it benefit me to be a season ticket holder? As if i dont buy a season ticket but purchase the club memebership at £20 im assured of a ticket to the away games anyway and i can also take the benefits of reduced prices at promotion days too?

Decisions decisions ?????
    Janette wonders will never cease, you actually agreeing with me for once