hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Djokovic wins 5-7 6-4 6-2 6-7 7-5 after almost 6 hours of an amazing tennis match.

This match will be spoken about for years to come.

Absolutely fantastic.
    Did you go and crack one off after every post you made about that match???

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    Did you go and crack one off after every post you made about that match???
    Awesome tennis match that will really live long in the memory for everyone that had the privilege of watching it.

It was a special sporting occasion that can only come from a men's Grand Slam tennis match. When tennis is played at that sort of level and at that sort of intensity, there really is no other sport like it.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I watched the whole 6 hours and although they both showed tremendous dig and there was some great shots, I honestly enjoyed the Murray-djokovic match on Friday more, and didn't think it touched the fed-nadal final from a couple of years ago.

I agree with Murray tho. I definitely think he's getting closer to the top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I watched the whole 6 hours and although they both showed tremendous dig and there was some great shots, I honestly enjoyed the Murray-djokovic match on Friday more, and didn't think it touched the fed-nadal final from a couple of years ago.

I agree with Murray tho. I definitely think he's getting closer to the top 3.
    So did I, but that was probably mainly down to the fact that I had a personal interest in that match and I'm sure you were the same in that we both wanted Murray to win.

They were both amazing tennis matches, although I think it's always a bit more special when it's a final and there's a title on the line.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I only watched a few points this morning and that was enough for me.

The WTA really needs to do something about this because that was NOT spectator friendly at all.

Which is a shame because Azarenka played some really good tennis and deserves to be number one but if more young females coming through are going to be following the lead of her and Sharapova and screaming all the time then women's tennis is really going to suffer because people just aren't going to watch it.

By all means, make a bit of a noise when going for a really tough shot as you put a bit of effort into making one final ball to win a rally but all this loud screeching after every single shot is totally unnecessary and pathetic.
    Totally agree and I didnt watch any of it because of it. It is an absolute joke that this has been allowed to happen in Women's tennis and should be sorted out. Azarenka has a double grunt with the second near when opponent is about to return the ball so is obviously designed to put off the opponent.

As for Murray thought he was brilliant and the game was exactly what he need to convince himself he can compete with the best at a grand slam over a 5 set match irrespective of whether he won or not.

I dont want to raise a cynical side to this however I am a little sceptical of how fit Djokovic appears to be in terms of recovery. To have played Murray and then Nadal and shown next to no signs of fatigue was a little surprising to me. Maybe totally unfair however his improvement in the last year or so has been absolutely staggering IMO.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I dont want to raise a cynical side to this however I am a little sceptical of how fit Djokovic appears to be in terms of recovery. To have played Murray and then Nadal and shown next to no signs of fatigue was a little surprising to me.
    Or, to put it another way, you do want to raise a cynical side to this.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Totally agree and I didnt watch any of it because of it. It is an absolute joke that this has been allowed to happen in Women's tennis and should be sorted out. Azarenka has a double grunt with the second near when opponent is about to return the ball so is obviously designed to put off the opponent.

As for Murray thought he was brilliant and the game was exactly what he need to convince himself he can compete with the best at a grand slam over a 5 set match irrespective of whether he won or not.

I dont want to raise a cynical side to this however I am a little sceptical of how fit Djokovic appears to be in terms of recovery. To have played Murray and then Nadal and shown next to no signs of fatigue was a little surprising to me. Maybe totally unfair however his improvement in the last year or so has been absolutely staggering IMO.
    I really don't believe that there is anything sinister going on with any of these players. Djokovic will have been tested for drugs and other substances on several occasions, right the way through this tournament and if anything had shown up, he would have been immediately suspended from all forms of competitive tennis pending a full investigation and it would probably lead to a ban.

I just honestly believe that the players who are currently at the top of men's tennis are just fantastic athletes, amongst the fittest sportsmen in the world, in my opinion, and they are just so dedicated to their sport.

Don't forget that Andy Murray was very close to winning his semi final on Friday and that was after almost 5 hours.

And on Sunday, Nadal looked as if he was still able to stick with Djokovic during rallies, even during the latter stages of the match.

These guys are just unbelievably fit and I think it's a bit unfair to question the integrity of one player when all four of them are quite capable of playing back-to-back matches in the space of 2 days, lasting four or five hours each

I actually believe that Djokovic's new diet (I think it's gluten-free) is contributing to his success at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by reallapsedhibee View Post
    Or, to put it another way, you do want to raise a cynical side to this.

I really don't believe that there is anything sinister going on with any of these players. Djokovic will have been tested for drugs and other substances on several occasions, right the way through this tournament and if anything had shown up, he would have been immediately suspended from all forms of competitive tennis pending a full investigation and it would probably lead to a ban.

I just honestly believe that the players who are currently at the top of men's tennis are just fantastic athletes, amongst the fittest sportsmen in the world, in my opinion, and they are just so dedicated to their sport.

Don't forget that Andy Murray was very close to winning his semi final on Friday and that was after almost 5 hours.

And on Sunday, Nadal looked as if he was still able to stick with Djokovic during rallies, even during the latter stages of the match.

These guys are just unbelievably fit and I think it's a bit unfair to question the integrity of one player when all four of them are quite capable of playing back-to-back matches in the space of 2 days, lasting four or five hours each

I actually believe that Djokovic's new diet (I think it's gluten-free) is contributing to his success at the moment.
    Hear what you are saying however just find his extraordinary improvement both in terms of play and particularly stamina and recovery startling. Players coaches etc are more than capable of taking performance enhancing substances if they want to and to avoid detection.