hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

O'Connor signed for Coventry?

Mate on Facebook saying he's signed for Coventry. Anyone heard anything?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mate on Facebook saying he's signed for Coventry. Anyone heard anything?
    just got a text confirming this anyone got any info i thought he was Rangers Bound.:pfgwa

Coaching Staff
    McPake coming our way?

Wouldn't really mind. We have Griffith, Doyle and possible Twigg and O'Connor has done nothing for a while. Were gonna lose him at the end of the season might as well get McPake in return plus it also keeps him out of the huns and it would kill me to see him play for them.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    It's on another thread that a coventry player has tweeted it

Four months ago, I'd have been devastated with this news.

However, he's barely kicked a ball for us since September/October time and, right now, I wouldn't be too bothered if he has gone.

If he's away to Coventry then I wish him all the best and I just hope that he can get his personal life sorted out and cut out all the nonsense.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Four months ago, I'd have been devastated with this news.

However, he's barely kicked a ball for us since September/October time and, right now, I wouldn't be too bothered if he has gone.

If he's away to Coventry then I wish him all the best and I just hope that he can get his personal life sorted out and cut out all the nonsense.
    If true I think its not good at all, players go up and down during season I for one think he was/is more than capable of getting things back on track, if we were 3rd in SPL and he had scored 1 or 2 fine but he has scored a fair few and we are 1pt above bottom, I cannot see what could possibly be good about this.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    If true I think its not good at all, players go up and down during season I for one think he was/is more than capable of getting things back on track, if we were 3rd in SPL and he had scored 1 or 2 fine but he has scored a fair few and we are 1pt above bottom, I cannot see what could possibly be good about this.

This

I see Luka Jutkiewicz has just moved from Coventry to Boro, O'Connor being his replacement. Seems to be something in this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14730037.stm

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Big gamble if true. In fact, not even a gamble- what's to be gained here? We're losing our top by a mile goal scorer while we're fighting relegation for probably not a lot of money. Why are people ambivalent? This is surely bad

Some of us yearn for the Famous Five and Tornadoes eras when the team was settled, players were played in position, tactics were well-rehearsed and there was a real team spirit about the club

Howver since the Golden Generation was sold off, a section of the Hibs Support are only pleased when managers and players are coming and going. This clearly excites some more than the matches themselves. They are the truly deluded ones as no club chairman nor supporter would ever wish for the constant churn and instability we have seen at Easter Road in the past 5 years.

It is the root cause of all our problems - on and off the park

Palsson, Thornhill, Crawford, O'Connor out with maybe a few more (Agogo etc) Doyle, Francomb in with maybe Twigg, Brennan and McPake to follow? I really hope we get Hughes aswell, were crying out for someone who knows what to do with the ball in central midfield. Also, according to Mark Bensteads twitter Mark Kerr, formerly of Aberdeen and Dundee United is training with Dunfermline, worth a punt? Tough tackeling midfielder with no shortage of skill or experience.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Chris Hussey, current Covt player, saying that he has signed for them. Not sure but 2+2=McPake

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Chris Hussey, current Covt player, saying that he has signed for them. Not sure but 2+2=McPake
    The Chriss Hussey account is fake.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Palsson, Thornhill, Crawford, O'Connor out with maybe a few more (Agogo etc) Doyle, Francomb in with maybe Twigg, Brennan and McPake to follow? I really hope we get Hughes aswell, were crying out for someone who knows what to do with the ball in central midfield. Also, according to Mark Bensteads twitter Mark Kerr, formerly of Aberdeen and Dundee United is training with Dunfermline, worth a punt? Tough tackeling midfielder with no shortage of skill or experience.
    Fed up hearing that. Hibs cannot afford to 'take a punt' on anyone.

As fro O'Connor, I ain't bothered. Big user with his heid up his erse.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    I cant get why GOC would want to go to Coventry, they look like they will get relagated this season and they wont be paying very good wages, Gaz will be looking for better i think, cant see this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    Agreed - still our top scorer and an asset to the team - we need a stronger SQUAD not just a decent 11 - which we don't even have already

The only positive would be that he wouldn't be going to Glasgow

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    The Chris Hussey account on twitter is fake

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post
    Agreed - still our top scorer and an asset to the team - we need a stronger SQUAD not just a decent 11 - which we don't even have already

The only positive would be that he wouldn't be going to Glasgow

If he has to go, i wouldn't want to see him with the great unwashed.
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    I cant get why GOC would want to go to Coventry, they look like they will get relagated this season and they wont be paying very good wages
    Out of the frying pan into the fire [joke]

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Nothing on CCFC website about any signings

Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    Some of us yearn for the Famous Five and Tornadoes eras when the team was settled, players were played in position, tactics were well-rehearsed and there was a real team spirit about the club

Howver since the Golden Generation was sold off, a section of the Hibs Support are only pleased when managers and players are coming and going. This clearly excites some more than the matches themselves. They are the truly deluded ones as no club chairman nor supporter would ever wish for the constant churn and instability we have seen at Easter Road in the past 5 years.

It is the root cause of all our problems - on and off the park
    You've had a few post recently that I couldn't disagree mOre with

I agree 100% with this one though

First Team Breakthrough hibby67's Avatar
    I cant get why GOC would want to go to Coventry, they look like they will get relagated this season and they wont be paying very good wages, Gaz will be looking for better i think, cant see this happening.

Could say the same for anyone wanting to come to us........

SSN are reporting that Huns are one of 3 clubs interested in signing O'Connor.

Something seems to be brewing with this and that usually means the player is offski :-(

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    SSN are reporting that Huns are one of 3 clubs interested in signing O'Connor.

Something seems to be brewing with this and that usually means the player is offski :-(
    Or perhaps Garry has been spouting his pish again.

Need him to stay. Simple.

First Team Breakthrough jamiehibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jamesthebadger
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby67 View Post
    Could say the same for anyone wanting to come to us........
    My thoughts exactly

Testimonial Due
    He'd be lucky to get another chance at that level so beggars cant be choosers especially when it would likely be double the money on offer at least. He's already been in that league at Barnsley where it didnt work out and ended up back at Hibs. Fair enough he started on fire with us but has done little in the last few months to attract big offers.

Could be yet more internet fuelled bull***** of course or could even be gob*****e Gazza talking more mince himself.

Clear the decks Paddy and inject some quality into the team.

After reading Fenlon's interview today in the Herald, I'm not surprised by this. The disunity of the squad is something he wants to quickly cut out and it will probably be the case that he see's GOC ac disruptive to the rest of the team, which is well within the bounds of my imagination. Either that or Garry has a clause in his contract that might be reached here.

However the complete lack of goals in the team now is very worrying.

Still, I reckon Pat has a plan (blind faith).

:pfgwa:pfgwa

Interesting does GOC have a house in the Midlands ?

Maybe we are getting Mcpake and Gary Deegan ?

if anything in this news