hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Team Captain

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar

Team Captain

Although I know how Ivan and Gary love the club but I don't think that they are Captain material . I actually don't think that Ivan brings enough to the team to even be playing and Gary needs to get fit but now that Murray and Stack are injured I feel there is only one captain in the team until we get a true leader like Rob Jones and that is the man who is at the present the first name on the team sheet and that is Lewis Stevenson and think what a boost that might be to the wee man. I really think it might be the making of him I really do so come on Nutsy do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Sergeant Hibs's Avatar
    Before the past few weeks LS has never really stood out for me but since the Rangers game he has been our best player a model professional giving his all and although as you said GOC and Ivan loves the club I am agreeing with you

Lewie should be the next captain

How worrying it is that a player who most wouldn't have mind seeing leave in the summer is now considered captain material.

I'm glad Lewis is playing well and he's always been commited to the cause, but can we not just enjoy his purple patch without burdening him with the captaincy?

Our lack of leadership is ridiculous.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    When Osbourne comes back he should be giving the captain's armband
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebakerboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Although I know how Ivan and Gary love the club but I don't think that they are Captain material . I actually don't think that Ivan brings enough to the team to even be playing and Gary needs to get fit but now that Murray and Stack are injured I feel there is only one captain in the team until we get a true leader like Rob Jones and that is the man who is at the present the first name on the team sheet and that is Lewis Stevenson and think what a boost that might be to the wee man. I really think it might be the making of him I really do so come on Nutsy do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not captain material? you mean being unable to call the toss properly??

it doesnt matter really who the captain is players will listen and respect those who are leaders. Mibbe we dont have enough leaders. And in any event the manager will always know from spending time from the players who has the most respect from the rest of the team. Hibs .net has always thought there was a problem with the captain, and basically it doesnt make a blind bit of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Not captain material? you mean being unable to call the toss properly??

it doesnt matter really who the captain is players will listen and respect those who are leaders. Mibbe we dont have enough leaders. And in any event the manager will always know from spending time from the players who has the most respect from the rest of the team. Hibs .net has always thought there was a problem with the captain, and basically it doesnt make a blind bit of a difference.
    So Jones, Murdo, Sauzee, Rae, Jackie Mac and Stanton as club captains made no difference Man up.

It could have been anyone !!!

A few of us met Sproule up the town last night and "We Were Dancing with the Captain" Oh yeh!

Joking apart, Hanlon for me to lead the Hibernian Ship going forward.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    So Jones, Murdo, Sauzee, Rae, Jackie Mac and Stanton as club captains made no difference Man up.

It could have been anyone !!!
    Regardless of whether those players you mentioned were actually wearing the captains armband, they would have had the same influence in the game. A leader is a leader, an armbands just a bit of fabric, it doesn't have any special powers. The lack of a leader and complete lack of confidence in the side means it doesn't make blind bit of difference who is captain right now.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    I could see PF signing a decent experienced CH and handing him the Captaincy immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    I could see PF signing a decent experienced CH and handing him the Captaincy immediately.
    Please, please, hope your right.