hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rubbish

rubbish

How bad were we today? With a performance like this we are going down. There is just no heart in the team. 2nd to most balls. Tackles that were so lacking in conviction that it was embarassing. Cant believe i spent good money to watch this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I wasn't at the game but a win's a win when we're so bad.

I was shocked at the stats on the BBC though. Less shots and possession.

I'll take any win regardless of the manner right now.

But hopefully coming from a goal down to lead 3-1 and then hold off a comeback by the opposition will give the players a confidence boost going into next week's game.

FFS.... can yi no just get behind the team teams at a low and all we can do is complain, they know where its going wrong and trying their best to change things.....
    Last edited by HNA6; 07-01-2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Swear filter

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FFS.... can yi no just get behind the team teams at a low and all we can do is complain, they know where its going wrong and trying their best to change things.....
    Presumably the OP was at the game, getting behind the team.
    Last edited by HNA6; 07-01-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Quote edited

Left by mutual consent!
    We're in the next round FFS!

PF now has a bit of time tae add tae the team and have a go a sorting things a bit before the next game or next round.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    We're in the next round FFS!

PF now has a bit of time tae add tae the team and have a go a sorting things a bit before the next game or next round.
    When is the draw for next round and when are the games played?

First Team Regular
    Will take 3-2 win any day of week-no matter how we play
    that how you win cups its called confidence
    ps did you stay till end if we were that bad ?

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    When is the draw for next round and when are the games played?
    Monday/4th Feb.

First Team Breakthrough hibby67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woody47 View Post
    How bad were we today? With a performance like this we are going down. There is just no heart in the team. 2nd to most balls. Tackles that were so lacking in conviction that it was embarassing. Cant believe i spent good money to watch this.

i hope we are ***** and win 3 . 2 next week and the next round(sign o a good team apparently)

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    At 3.01pm I would certainly have taken 2-3. Probably would have taken it at 2.59pm as well.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post

Quote Originally Posted by archiebald View Post
    Will take 3-2 win any day of week-no matter how we play
    that how you win cups its called confidence
    ps did you stay till end if we were that bad ?
    I always stay to the end. Will always support them and confidence thing or not doesnt detract from the half hearted way we are playing.

That was vital, ok it was only Cowdenbeath but away from home against a team full of confidence and lets not forget the players we were missing/resting. We just needed to break the constant run of defeats and doom and gloom. We will have O'Connor, Stack and Osbourne back next week and hoefully have a signing with a bit of talent ahead of the big game next week.

In Fenlon we trust!

We know we are arguably the worst team in the SPL and IMHO this is the worst and consistently poor team Hibs team I can remember, but let's cut them a bit slack. Today was a huge hurdle and yes we crawled over the winning line but let's not knock the wind completely out of their sails. Any type of win is a hundred times better than a defeat and with the addition of a couple of reasonable (because that's all we can hope for) players we might just put some daylight between ourselves and Dunfermline. A bit breathing space there might work wonders for our confidence which is rock bottom.

First Team Regular
    Cant believe the negativity with the fans at the moment, yes were playing poorly but even after a win where for spells we played some great football we cant see any positives from it! Doyle scores on his debut and griffiths scored a cracker, hopefully these two have some confidence and keep this up! Less of the negativity mon the hibees! :pfgwa

A difficult surface, a howling gale and serious confidence problems and no sign of Scott, Palsson, O'Connor and Osbourne, I'm happy enough with that win.

If we can get a few new players in during this window, things will be looking up.

I thought we played well today but for some reason fell right out of the game in the last 20 mins or so. Up until then we totally controlled it and I was amazed we didn't go onto to score 4 or 5.

Bar the last 20 (again!)...well played hibs.

Coaching Staff
    If this is the best you can do can I suggest you keep your money in your pocket, then we won't have to read drivil like this.

First Team Breakthrough
    It's the cup, no easy games...ask Hearts. I am happy with a next round game.

I do not think Hibs were rubbish today as we have to show respect to Cowdenbeath who have been flying in their league. Hibs did what they had to do and even if they had won convincingly there would still be a group on here saying something along the lines it is what should have been expected anyway. One thing that struck me today was how young our team is if you take the likes of Sproule, O'Hanlon, Hart and Brown out of the starting line up. Even with these guys included our average age must have been about 24 or thereabouts. In spite of this we have fans wanting youth to be given a chance when in reality we do not give our own young players a chance! Bring on the Par's next week! :pfgwa

Have a word with yourself, we have been dismal for weeks unable to buy a win but when we finally win you go on about us being rubbish. It was always going to be a difficult tie,many people in the know including professional tipsters where putting this down as a home win.I agree it was`nt the greatest of performances but we are in the next round with a chance to progress dependant on the opposition, so lay of a bit.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by mickki40 View Post
    It's the cup, no easy games...ask Hearts. I am happy with a next round game.
    Ross County and Dundee Utd would disagree!

Cup league whatever a win is a win in my book at the moment. Is the OP Gonnae complain if we win 3-2 next week.

I frankly do give a flying F how we achieve it as long as we WIN. ENDOF

Hibs were comfortable at 3-1 up but the nervousness and panic when they pulled one back was palpable. Players started misplacing passes and instead of taking the sting out of the game by keeping the ball, we resorted to hoofball.

A win is a win though and I suspect Fenlon has identified where Hibs need solidity and improvement

FWIW I think Doyle showed promise and Stevenson was ok. As much as I like the guy, I'd be surprised if Sproule is here next season. Our defence needs two solid centre backs as well

Just back from the game.

We where by no means rubbish today but we where also never comfortable, as some have suggested. A hard fought win.against 2nd rate opponents isn't going to.convince me there isn't a hell of a lot of work to do.

And at the risk of starting a witch hunt, how totally pish is Sproule? Would be lucky to get a game for Cowdebath based on todays showing.

On a more positive note, Doyle looks a decent player, especially.when he gets a game or 2 under his belt.

I'd take a pish poor performance and a win every week

it could be worse, what about the yams ?, they spend hundreds of thousand a week and just beat a junior team at home . a win is a win and if we can build on that with the addition of a few experienced players we will be ok.

@hibs.net private member
    How rubbish is your post? We lost a silly early goal played some decent football to get back into the game and battled to win the game in a gale force wind. Not silky football but cup football is about winning. We are in the next round thats the important thing.

On a side note how bad was the ref? He gave them fouls that weren't and was desperate to be the center of attention.