hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Griffiths and Stevenson

Although it was a pi** poor show I thought these two lads at least got pass marks. Griffiths seemed to be competing with Webster for long balls and was holding the ball up reasonable well. Also, if every player had the commitment and attitude of Stevenson we would be in a much better position, he may not be the flashiest player but he does the simple things right and works hard which is more than you can say for the majority of our team.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Work rate was not the problem today but everything else is. Dire times ahead I'm afraid.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Unfortunately stevensons game was slowed a bit with the soft early booking but as you say he always gives 100%

First Team Breakthrough
    I also thought hanlon aswell as o'hanlon looked ok the day, imo

I thought o hanlon and hanlon were terrible.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Stevenson? What? He did nothing. Quite literally did nothing in the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also thought hanlon aswell as o'hanlon looked ok the day, imo
    O'Hanlon is a shocking player. It's incredible he's made it as far as he has as he appears to know nothing about the game. Someone Caldo had been tracking for a while right enough.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydirk View Post
    Colin Murdoch is better than Sean O'Hanlon
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Would have also given pass marks to Scott and probably Murray - Murray more so because I was not expecting much at all but he did ok

Quote Originally Posted by dirtydirk View Post
    To be fair to Hanlon, why was he played at right back?

Hanlon was at fault for the first goal. Seems to always lose his man at set pieces. O'hanlon is terrible. Fenlons first priority should be a half decent centre half and then build things from there

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Griffiths played well, if he had someone playing alongside him and a competent midfield playing nice passes he's got the makings to be a good player. Stevenson did fine but he really doesn't do enough, you know he's unlikely to give away possession but we're really stuck at simple passes with him- we need creativity and pace in the centre.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Stevenson was quiet today but I think that was mostly down to his early booking (soft imo).

O'Hanlon had one of his better games today imo though people who don't see him as often as I do thought he was a bombscare!

Griffiths did well today too but he can only do so much on his own, we cannot play him up front on his own, he's the smallest, most lightweight player we have!

First Team Breakthrough Postman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Griffiths played well, if he had someone playing alongside him and a competent midfield playing nice passes he's got the makings to be a good player. Stevenson did fine but he really doesn't do enough, you know he's unlikely to give away possession but we're really stuck at simple passes with him- we need creativity and pace in the centre.
    Totally agree Stevenson offers nothing other than very simple passes. I thought Palsson was our best midfielder today but there wasn't much competition!

Stevenson?

What did he do?

"Commitment" should be a minimum requirement from anyone wearing a Hibs top. The only noteable thing Stevenson did today was chop down Black after 5 minutes.

How anyone can say Stevenson's booking was soft stuns me. His scything down of black was the only action of note from him that I can remember.

Sean ohanlon is up there with Duncan Lambie

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    How anyone can say Stevenson's booking was soft stuns me. His scything down of black was the only action of note from him that I can remember.
    It was a lot softer that what Hanlon got booked for!

Managers are often quoted as saying that they will only bring in better players than what they have. Who thinks CC knocked it off by bringing in O'Hanlon to replace Dickoh. O'Hanlon is rank, really hesitant, positionally woeful and slow. I would release O'hanlon now as I think his hesitancy ******s along the back line and creates problems for the entire defence. Get rid of O'hanlon.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    O'Hanlon is never as bad as folk on here tend to make out! Some folk seem to get one impression of a player in their head and can't shake it no matter how that particular player plays.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    O'Hanlon is never as bad as folk on here tend to make out! Some folk seem to get one impression of a player in their head and can't shake it no matter how that particular player plays.
    That's kinda how I see it. He ain't no Puyol for sure and he does make mistakes but some of the hysteria is miles over the top. I think the money we pay we can do better though.
    Last edited by greenlex; 02-01-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I don't think O'Hanlon had a bad game today at all. There were certainly worse than him.

Stevenson's early booking killed the game for him. He still got stuck in but wasn't as effective as he would have been if he'd gone longer without a yellow. His booking would never have got a card that early in an Old Firm game, by the way, where refs don't hesitate to tell us they try to keep their cards in their pockets.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I personally don't like o'hanlon because he lets the ball bounce , Is always holding on to the striker which gives away stupid free kicks and is pretty slow , a strikers dream defender

We really need to toughen up as a support.

The amount of slagging players get on here shows us up for the numpties we are.

This team needs support not abuse if we are to stay up.

It's the only way forward

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Postman View Post
    Totally agree Stevenson offers nothing other than very simple passes. I thought Palsson was our best midfielder today but there wasn't much competition!
    How anyone can moan about a player playing simple passes these days frightens me, first name on my team sheet every week in amongst that dross, aye he'l no play killer passes or skip past 8 men but he'l graft his erse off and very rarely lose the ball, probably the only hibs player to manage a 5 yard pass on a consistent basis but we'll rip him anyway eh

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    How anyone can moan about a player playing simple passes these days frightens me, first name on my team sheet every week in amongst that dross, aye he'l no play killer passes or skip past 8 men but he'l graft his erse off and very rarely lose the ball, probably the only hibs player to manage a 5 yard pass on a consistent basis but we'll rip him anyway eh
    Exactly. He's the only player at the club capable of retaining possession. He doesn't offer much going forward but, in a better team and in a specific role, he would be more than good enough.

Also encouraged by Griffiths' performance today, which is no surprise given he was handed a rare opportunity to play through the middle.

There's so much wrong with the team and club. These two are rare bright spots.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    We really need to toughen up as a support.

The amount of slagging players get on here shows us up for the numpties we are.

This team needs support not abuse if we are to stay up.

It's the only way forward
    Thank goodness for some rational thoughts. Won't go down well with some folk I'm afraid.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    No one's ripping him. I like Stevenson, his attitude and commitment is spot on and he rarely loses possession. But simple passes aren't enough if that's your main attribute- which in Stevenson's case it is. If he was a big, commanding player who was in there to stop other teams playing and win us possession then a simple passer would be just fine. I'm not really sure what Stevenson's role is other than the simple passes, we need ideas and creativity in the centre and I don't think Stevenson is the man for it unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    No one's ripping him. I like Stevenson, his attitude and commitment is spot on and he rarely loses possession. But simple passes aren't enough if that's your main attribute- which in Stevenson's case it is. If he was a big, commanding player who was in there to stop other teams playing and win us possession then a simple passer would be just fine. I'm not really sure what Stevenson's role is other than the simple passes, we need ideas and creativity in the centre and I don't think Stevenson is the man for it unfortunately.

To break up play and make simple passes. If everyone else could complete their own roles as competently we wouldn't be in the ****** we're in at the moment.

First Team Breakthrough Hibees07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sundo1875 View Post
    I personally don't like o'hanlon because he lets the ball bounce , Is always holding on to the striker which gives away stupid free kicks and is pretty slow , a strikers dream defender

Spot on mate.

This guy makes to go for a ball then pulls back letting the ball bounce and putting himself & the team under pressure.

Bombscare!