hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Hanlon

First Team Breakthrough Sergeant Hibs's Avatar

Paul Hanlon

Where was Paul Hanlon tonight i know he's no Vidic but he's better than Stephens and O'Hanlon would've helped and possibly closed Hayes down rather than watch him shoot

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: StevenHibs
    (I should have said "I hope he was dropped") He was dropped as he is absolute rank, I dont rate him one bit, never a defender in a million years, so lightweight, and always making mistakes, glad Fenlon has finally seen right through this guy
    Last edited by Steven_Hibs; 29-12-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Read earlier today on .Net that he was out tonight with a stomach complaint.

First Team Breakthrough Postman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where was Paul Hanlon tonight i know he's no Vidic but he's better than Stephens and O'Hanlon would've helped and possibly closed Hayes down rather than watch him shoot
    I'm not convinced he is better than Stephens! O'Hanlon by a mile but that's not difficult

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven_Hibs View Post
    He was dropped as he is absolute rank, I dont rate him one bit, never a defender in a million years, so lightweight, and always making mistakes, glad Fenlon has finally seen right through this guy
    Great made up post btw...

Was out with a stomach bug afaik

First Team Breakthrough Sergeant Hibs's Avatar
    A defence of Towell/Spoony Hanlon Murray Booth is our best bet for the derby if there are no new faces before then IMO

He was dropped as he is absolute rank, I dont rate him one bit, never a defender in a million years, so lightweight, and always making mistakes, glad Fenlon has finally seen right through this guy
    He's managed to fool the Scotland U-21 management team for a long while then. Best give them a bell and pass on the benefit of your insight.

Left by mutual consent!
    O
    Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    he's managed to fool the scotland u-21 management team for a long while then. Best give them a bell and pass on the benefit of your insight.

oh yes and billy stark has worked wonders i dont think,

I rate Stephens. Spoony stephens Hanlon smith is defense I would go with. Get Scott Towell Stevenson booth in midfield with Mrs Doyle and Gaz up front.

Quote Originally Posted by stanton10 View Post
    O

oh yes and billy stark has worked wonders i dont think,
    A remarkable number of 'supporters' on here tonight just desperate to get stuck into one of our younger players ....

... who wasn't even playing this evening.

Mind-boggling.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Towell? He can leave, no to him at RB and no to him in midfield. He never looks fit, he has a distinctly fat erse and can't run the length of himself! The amount of times more athletic, fitter players run by him is a joke. He would struggle playing gives with us on a Monday night!!!!!!!
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    He's managed to fool the Scotland U-21 management team for a long while then. Best give them a bell and pass on the benefit of your insight.

Maybe cause there is no one else

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

A remarkable number of 'supporters' on here tonight just desperate to get stuck into one of our younger players ....

Mind-boggling.
    It's not just this evening that I have come to the conclusion that Hanlon is a waste of space, I have never rated him and never will, he's a centre forwards dream

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Hibee View Post
    Towell? He can leave, no to him at RB and no to him in midfield. He never looks fit, he has a distinctly fat erse and can't run the length of himself! The amount of times more athletic, fitter players run by him is a joke. He would struggle playing gives with us on a Monday night!!!!!!!
    Ooooh....bitchy. I heard he's just big boned.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post
    I rate Stephens. Spoony stephens Hanlon smith is defense I would go with. Get Scott Towell Stevenson booth in midfield with Mrs Doyle and Gaz up front.
    That would be an awful team. Midfield would get slaughtered.

I don't particularly rate Stephens, he looks to have all the attributes required to be a decent defender. He's big, strong, hard in the tackle, not too bad with the ball at his feet either. However, he does seem prone to head in the clouds moments. Doesn't seem focussed.

Mind-boggling.
    Aw come one mate is this the same one of those younger players that have had 3 years spl experience, the guys hopeless, the quicker we get him and the enigma that is wotherspoon out that team the better.

they wouldnt get a game for Falkirk, whats the love in with these players (I use that term loosley)????

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Aw come one mate is this the same one of those younger players that have had 3 years spl experience, the guys hopeless, the quicker we get him and the enigma that is wotherspoon out that team the better.

they wouldnt get a game for Falkirk, whats the love in with these players (I use that term loosley)????
    :those two young players have a lot to learn, imho. although I thought young Hanlon had some decent games last season,he has been positively mince fpr maist o' this season and Widdy has flatered to deceive. Wotherspoon keeps looking as if he has promise, but when is he gonna realise that? he canny keep fannying aboot, he needs tae stand up and say, gaffer I'M a mid-right back-whatever, and if you cant see that, then I'm off. so what really are ye Widdy?

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    :those two young players have a lot to learn, imho. although I thought young Hanlon had some decent games last season,he has been positively mince fpr maist o' this season and Widdy has flatered to deceive. Wotherspoon keeps looking as if he has promise, but when is he gonna realise that? he canny keep fannying aboot, he needs tae stand up and say, gaffer I'M a mid-right back-whatever, and if you cant see that, then I'm off. so what really are ye Widdy?
    Am hearing you mate but the way I look at it is that its always a decent guager to say well in any of the SPL teams we aspire to be better than or as good as, who would these lads get a game for???? Young I agree, promise I well agree also but promise as a pro footballer and promise as a player that will take Hibs to where we want to be is another thing. First devision at best imo, mind keep playing them and I might be proven right but not in the team I want them to be in. Nowt personal btw nice guys im sure but they are as culpable as anyone the last few years, simply not good enough.

Any promising young players breaking through to the first team at ER at the moment will have their careers wrecked. In a couple of years they'll be getting slagged off as "never good enough..."

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailrod View Post
    Any promising young players breaking through to the first team at ER at the moment will have their careers wrecked. In a couple of years they'll be getting slagged off as "never good enough..."
    Unless they show themselves to be good enough...

The problem with the players at Hibs just now, regardless of age, is that very few of them are showing that they are good enough.

So far this season, I'd give pass marks to Stephens, Osbourne, Stevenson, and well, that's about it. If there are young players there that can break into the team then they need to step up to the plate when called upon and deliver. Wotherspoon has had three seasons and barring a bright spell initially under Yogi, he's not improved at all. Contrast that with the Brown/Thomson/Riordan side, they showed promise initially and improved each season.

We are second bottom of the league, with the best will in the world we don't have the time or opportunity to carry young players who are miles off the standard needed while they take three seasons to realise their potential. We need points on the board now, and that means playing players that can be relied upon to give a performance week in/week out.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

The problem with the players at Hibs just now, regardless of age, is that very few of them are showing that they are good enough.

So far this season, I'd give pass marks to Stephens, Osbourne, Stevenson, and well, that's about it. If there are young players there that can break into the team then they need to step up to the plate when called upon and deliver. Wotherspoon has had three seasons and barring a bright spell initially under Yogi, he's not improved at all. Contrast that with the Brown/Thomson/Riordan side, they showed promise initially and improved each season.

We are second bottom of the league, with the best will in the world we don't have the time or opportunity to carry young players who are miles off the standard needed while they take three seasons to realise their potential. We need points on the board now, and that means playing players that can be relied upon to give a performance week in/week out.
    agreed agreed agreed pf must make his move now or he will go like before him,

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Booth is twice the player that Hanlon is at LB and O'Hanlon and Stephens are just as good as Hanlon at CB.

That's how good Hanlon is.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I don't particularly rate Stephens, he looks to have all the attributes required to be a decent defender. He's big, strong, hard in the tackle, not too bad with the ball at his feet either. However, he does seem prone to head in the clouds moments. Doesn't seem focussed.
    Stephens is only 20, so things like that are kind of expected. He should have an experienced CB alongside him, who keeps his concentration and talks him through the game, but he only has O'Hanlon...

I like Hanlon, alot better than O'Hanlon. Has his faults but again, hes only a young guy, he should be learning his trade but instead is in a shocking defence, where theres no leadership, and that receives no help from a very weak midfield. As someone said, who would want to be a youngster coming into this 'team'?

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Booth is twice the player that Hanlon is at LB and O'Hanlon and Stephens are just as good as Hanlon at CB.

That's how good Hanlon is.
    The thing with Booth at LB is that he is always looking to overlap, whereas Hanlon never really ventures past the halfway line. There must be a guy in the lower leagues of England who can captain the team at CB??? You might have to pay a bit extra, but these players are what we need

So disappointed in Hanlon, some people keep saying he is young and still has potential, but 22 in January and many,many, 1st team games behind him - I dunno, he was lost at centre half, shipped out to left back where he has been mediocre at best. So where to from here ?

According to the guys he plays with , if that means anything, he was in bed all day Tuesday with a stomach complaint

First Team Breakthrough zero-seven's Avatar
    Absolutely agree with this poster..if he is the future of hibs, then i am a hibs supporter that has seen them win the scottish cup...he is a liability. empty

Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    According to the guys he plays with , if that means anything, he was in bed all day Tuesday with a stomach complaint
    Well that may be the case, but doesn`t change the fact that he has been awful on the park for quite some time so people could easily believe he`d been dropped.

Gamer IDs

Hanlon will come good. I'd have him in my Hibs team every week, he's the best centre half we've got (yeah I know that doesn't say much).

O'Hanlon isn't what we need alongside him though. We needed an experienced player who would lead, and who most importantly would talk the defence through the game. With that sort of player Booth would come on leaps and bounds as well. O'Hanlon hasn't done that at all, but he's not really a bad player. He'd probably look more than decent alongside that sort of leader player that we really need.