Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG Galbraith!

OMG Galbraith!

What is he doing at a club like Hibs?

Utter, utter garbage!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Heartless no commitment. Was awful tonight

Did hee haw tonight. Watched him in the warm up running past players and dribbling,then during the game was invisible must hane burned himself out

First Team Breakthrough Sergeant Hibs's Avatar
    He should feel right at home he's **** the teams **** the attendance is ****

Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did hee haw tonight. Watched him in the warm up running past players and dribbling,then during the game was invisible must hane burned himself out
    To be fair, dribbling past our players looks pretty damn easy when you see caley's goal

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    To be fair, dribbling past our players looks pretty damn easy when you see caley's goal
    Agreed

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    The guy is totally rank, and how he even plays SPL football baffles me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    have to agree - the guy Hayes picked the ball up in his own half, couldn't believe his luck , ambled past 5 muppets in green and scored

First Team Breakthrough Sergeant Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HailHail1875 View Post
    The guy is totally rank, and how he even plays SPL football baffles me!!
    Coz the SPL is ****

When Galbraith first arrived at ER he was quick and aggressive and willing to take people on. Like Wotherspoon, Hanlon, and Booth when they first broke into the first team, he looked like a really good prospect. Not a single one of these players has progressed the way you would have hoped. The first three have become regular targets of the boo-boys, and after a couple of rippings at LB Booth has had to be dropped.

There is a critical point in a player's career round about the late teens when they have to make the step up from youth football to senior football. If they miss that window of opportunity and don't make that step up successfully, then the chances are they will never realise their potential.

I can't imagine anything more likely to destroy a young player's confidence than playing his early games in the first team surrounded by useless journeymen, struggling to avoid defeat week after week after week and constantly on the back foot. It must really sap your mental energy.

A couple of years back Hibs had a squad of youngsters that was good enough to win the double. Barely a single one of them has made the step up to the first team; most have disappeared off the radar.

If over the past few years Hibs had consolidated a few of the wage packets that have been spent on the (How many - 100? 150?) beefy pros who would "do a job" and who have come, gone, and disappeared without leaving a trace of their passing, and if Hibs had invested that same money in a far smaller number of proper footballers - like Latapy and Sauzee when we were in Div 1 - so that when a youngster came into the team he would find himself playing alongside one or two genuine talents, then perhaps Galbraith, Wotherspoon, and Hanlon might have progressed better, and maybe one or two others like Damon Gray and Kurtis Byrne might have succeeded in making the step up.

But that would have been a 'strategy'. I don't think we do 'strategies' at ER.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailrod View Post
    When Galbraith first arrived at ER he was quick and aggressive and willing to take people on. Like Wotherspoon, Hanlon, and Booth when they first broke into the first team, he looked like a really good prospect. Not a single one of these players has progressed the way you would have hoped. The first three have become regular targets of the boo-boys, and after a couple of rippings at LB Booth has had to be dropped.

There is a critical point in a player's career round about the late teens when they have to make the step up from youth football to senior football. If they miss that window of opportunity and don't make that step up successfully, then the chances are they will never realise their potential.

I can't imagine anything more likely to destroy a young player's confidence than playing his early games in the first team surrounded by useless journeymen, struggling to avoid defeat week after week after week and constantly on the back foot. It must really sap your mental energy.

A couple of years back Hibs had a squad of youngsters that was good enough to win the double. Barely a single one of them has made the step up to the first team; most have disappeared off the radar.

If over the past few years Hibs had consolidated a few of the wage packets that have been spent on the (How many - 100? 150?) beefy pros who would "do a job" and who have come, gone, and disappeared without leaving a trace of their passing, and if Hibs had invested that same money in a far smaller number of proper footballers - like Latapy and Sauzee when we were in Div 1 - so that when a youngster came into the team he would find himself playing alongside one or two genuine talents, then perhaps Galbraith, Wotherspoon, and Hanlon might have progressed better, and maybe one or two others like Damon Gray and Kurtis Byrne might have succeeded in making the step up.

completely agree

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    I have never seen a player pushed off the ball as easily as Galbraith is!

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    How about Leigh Griffiths?

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    How about Leigh Griffiths?
    Him too but then him being pushed off the ball requires him to actually have the ball.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailrod View Post

Most of the double team didn't make it because they weren't good enough.

From that age group we now have Booth, Hanlon and Wotherspoon who play regulalry for the first team. That is an exceptional return from any youth team.

They are still young guys, in a team that geherally isn't good enough but there is nothing wrong with the strategy of playing the tyoung guys that are good enough and ditching the ones who aren't.

Where we have failed is in getting the right qulaity of player to supplement them.

Instead of guys like Boozy, Benji, Zemmama, Shiels, Killen, Jones and Murphy who we managed to bring in with our budget we have guys like Sodje, Thornhill, Agogo, O'Hanlon and Palsson.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    What about when he won the ball first half with a defensive sliding tackle, retained possession and went up the pitch and played a good ball across goal only for no-one to be in the box to receive it.

Give the guy a break. He is barely in the first team (maybe past month at most) and is playing in a team with zero confidence. I thought there were flashes of Galbraith, Stevenson and Booth playing some nice stuff first half tonight. These guys are good players but have very little consistent selection to build a way of playing.

The post in this thread by Nailrod is spot on imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    What about when he won the ball first half with a defensive sliding tackle, retained possession and went up the pitch and played a good ball across goal only for no-one to be in the box to receive it.

Give the guy a break. He is barely in the first team (maybe past month at most) and is playing in a team with zero confidence. I thought there were flashes of Galbraith, Stevenson and Booth playing some nice stuff first half tonight. These guys are good players but have very little consistent selection to build a way of playing.

I agree. I thought he looked a lot better last night, at least partly due to being on the left instead of the right. He's got some potential, but the more abuse he gets from fans the less chance there will be of it being fulfilled. With Nish and Rankin away he seems to be the next player some of our supporters are determined to destroy.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Neither Galbraith or Sproule are good enough.

That was quite an attacking team he had out last night yet I can barely remember either of them getting to the byline and getting a cross in.

Galbraith also bottled out of 2 challenges last night, nothing worse than a supporter seeing a player doing that especially given our current predicament.

he was dire today which was a vast improvement on sproule who was *****

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    What about when he won the ball first half with a defensive sliding tackle, retained possession and went up the pitch and played a good ball across goal only for no-one to be in the box to receive it.Give the guy a break. He is barely in the first team (maybe past month at most) and is playing in a team with zero confidence. I thought there were flashes of Galbraith, Stevenson and Booth playing some nice stuff first half tonight. These guys are good players but have very little consistent selection to build a way of playing.

This will now be remembered much like Alan Obrien against Gretna as the Danny Galbraith game. The game when he actually did something the crowd remember.

He's another waster, i mean imagine wanting wingers/wide men to beat their full back and deliver crosses. Anyone think this will ever catch on?

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Galbraith is very much a confidence player, and the kind of body you bring on at 2-0 up and flying and want 4 or 5. Not what we need right now IMO.

Coaching Staff
    Galbraith has done nothing to suggest he is SPL standard..and will probably end up plying his trade with a team like Cowdebeath in the not too distant future.

However, there are several like him in the current squad..and were we to off load everyone of them we would be playing with 8 men each gamr

sad but true.

The January window will not change much unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Neither Galbraith or Sproule are good enough.

That was quite an attacking team he had out last night yet I can barely remember either of them getting to the byline and getting a cross in.

Galbraith also bottled out of 2 challenges last night, nothing worse than a supporter seeing a player doing that especially given our current predicament.
    I counted 3 challenges he bottled. I think Galbraith had a better game than Sproule but sadly that's because Sproule was utterly hopeless yet again. Unfortunately Galbraith lacks heart and commitment and I have difficulty seeing how that can be fixed. He shouldn't be part of the future of our team.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This will now be remembered much like Alan Obrien against Gretna as the Danny Galbraith game. The game when he actually did something the crowd remember.

He's another waster, i mean imagine wanting wingers/wide men to beat their full back and deliver crosses. Anyone think this will ever catch on?
    I believe O'Briens best game was against Falkirk.

If we hadn't had that huddy Fletcher up front O'Brien would have been on five assists that day.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    I counted 3 challenges he bottled. I think Galbraith had a better game than Sproule but sadly that's because Sproule was utterly hopeless yet again. Unfortunately Galbraith lacks heart and commitment and I have difficulty seeing how that can be fixed. He shouldn't be part of the future of our team.
    He has bottled challenges from the day he arrived at ER. Not what we need in our current position.

First Team Breakthrough Hibees07's Avatar
    Galbraith is certainly not SPL quality, first division at best.

The amazing thing is that on any 'Team Line Up' thread Galbraith is in the majority of the suggested line ups.

I am about to look at the line up thread for the Hearts game and I bet Galbraith will feature regularly.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewyhfc
    played OK last night.

I was surprised by that passage of play in your first sentence, because he seemed to pull out of every challenge thereafter.....Not good enough, never will be IMO
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I was surprised by that passage of play in your first sentence, because he seemed to pull out of every challenge thereafter.....Not good enough, never will be IMO
    He was the only one who put a challenge in on their goalscorer as he waltzed through us to score. If Galbraith's challenge had connected it would have been a certain yellow but would have saved us from losing a goal.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    One of the challenges he bottled it for all he had to do was get a toe to the ball and the calley boy was getting sent off as he was the last man and had totally over committed himself but galbraith pulled out and took the throw in instead, I was defending him at the start if the game last night but I thought he had an absolute shocker.