hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Fenlon

Pat Fenlon

We have a defence that has shipped about 120 goals in the last 2 years and the first thing the new manager does is sign a striker.
    If he carries on like this we'll be looking for a new manager before 2012 is out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Harsh. The transfer window's not even open yet, so I don't see the problem. He knew Doyle was available as the LOI season has finished. Are you saying he should have signed some random LOI defenders for the sake of signing a defender?

I didn't think we'd turn on PF this quickly!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    We are a week away from the transfer window being open and you are moaning about the new managers signings? Get a grip. Hes signed a striker who was on form last season, and giving that we are hardly firing up front, its a good thing imo.

He identified all 3 areas of the pitch as needing proper leaders and experience during his interview on the BBC tonight, and said they are working to get players in, so just be patient. Got the impression that he has the same feelings as all of the fans ie they are rubbish.

FFS get a grip man, Fenlon had a couple of defenders over on trial a few weeks back didn't he. He obviously knows the areas to strengthen, as for signing a striker, we aren't exactly over-endowed with quality in that department now are we ? Especially if the rumours about GOC and Rangers are to be believed. IF we get to the end of the window and Fenlon hasn't strengthened the defence, then thats the time to slate him, certainly not a week before the window has even opened.

I'm not turning on him yet. We clearly have a bunch of players who could get Jose Mourinho the sack. I'm just anxious that the limited budget we have is spent well.
    If we are only able to bring in 4 players then I would prefer if we brought in 3 defenders and a creative midfielder. We could have struggled by with the forwards we have IMHO.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not turning on him yet. We clearly have a bunch of players who could get Jose Mourinho the sack. I'm just anxious that the limited budget we have is spent well.
    If we are only able to bring in 4 players then I would prefer if we brought in 3 defenders and a creative midfielder. We could have struggled by with the forwards we have IMHO.
    I beg to differ:
    GOC linked with a move to Der Hun
    Griffiths loan expires 9th January, not extended yet.

We are not scoring goals because we are not creating chances at all. Our forwards hardly see the ball during the game.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    I also have doubts about his signing policy, 0 transfer windows is clearly more than enough to make his mark on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    I beg to differ:
    GOC linked with a move to Der Hun
    Griffiths loan expires 9th January, not extended yet.
    If that is the case (they are leaving) then fair enough but if they are still here in Feb then we have wasted a signing.

First Team Breakthrough Postman's Avatar
    What a ridiculous opening post! He won't be the last and was also wanted by other clubs if the papers are to be believed and we got in before them to get him signed up a week before the window opens!! He'll get my 100% backing in all he does for a good while yet, he's taken on a hell of a task with this squad of players so to question him before we've seen even one of his signings play is crazy. There will be quality players in most positions in the LOI so here's hoping he has a few in mind and we can afford them

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    We have a defence that has shipped about 120 goals in the last 2 years and the first thing the new manager does is sign a striker.
    If he carries on like this we'll be looking for a new manager before 2012 is out.
    Dearie me!

Unbelievable. He is just in the door and hasn't had a transfer window to work in. . Some Hibs fans get the team they deserve.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Postman View Post
    What a ridiculous opening post! He won't be the last and was also wanted by other clubs if the papers are to be believed and we got in before them to get him signed up a week before the window opens!! He'll get my 100% backing in all he does for a good while yet, he's taken on a hell of a task with this squad of players so to question him before we've seen even one of his signings play is crazy. There will be quality players in most positions in the LOI so here's hoping he has a few in mind and we can afford them
    I'm not questioning the players ability at all. I hope he is a fantastic player.
    I was just expressing my preference for shoring up our defence and adding some creativity to our midfield.

First Team Breakthrough Postman's Avatar
    I'm not questioning the players ability at all. I hope he is a fantastic player.
    I was just expressing my preference for shoring up our defence and adding some creativity to our midfield.
    So we should ignore players in other positions that you feel aren't as important until we sign defenders? I was there today and I can tell you we desperately need all positions replaced and on top of that our two top strikers are currently loan players and the one who was up front todays deal expires in a week I believe!!

Left by mutual consent!
    I think its strikers and general attack minded players that we need!

We need players who are capable of taking the pressure off the defence and taking the game to teams.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    As long as he is not our only January capture, otherwise your sentiments would be justified.

I've no doubts whatsoever that Fenlon realises that the defence is rubbish and needs improvement.

However, it's not as if defence is the only weak area of the team and we're particularly strong elsewhere.

In fact, it's worth noting that we've scored the least amount of goals in the league so far this season. There have also been 9 games this season where we have failed to score.

It remains to be seen if Eoin Doyle will be a success at Hibs, but I see nothing wrong with a striker being our first signing under Fenlon.

If that is the case (they are leaving) then fair enough but if they are still here in Feb then we have wasted a signing.
    Agogo confirmed as departing - or may even have already left. So the Doyle signing will be justified in any event.

Even if PF had signed a defender or midfielder this week, they would not have been able to play until 1 January.

Don't see your point, caller.

Get a grip.

Anyway, PF had a defender on trial too but decided against signing him.

Coaching Staff
    Madness. Fenlon doesn't even need to be manager to see that we don't score anywhere near enough goals. We're a one trick pony, with O'Connor up front who is far from the talented player we used to know and love. Yes, he's scored more of our goals than any other player, but in our position, we cannot afford to carry passengers and while he's getting his head together off the field (or nursing a sore toe as we're told today), we're a man down.

Griffiths can't do it all on his own. Agogo and Sodje have hardly set the heather alight either.

So I have no problem whatsoever that one of the first priority signings we make is a striker because looking at the situation for what it is, we have Griffiths till the 9th Jan, Agogo and Sodje who are more miss than hit and O'Connor who may/may not be off to the Huns but even if he isn't, his various court appearances and off-field shenanigans have affected what was otherwise a bright start.

If anything, I think we need another striker as well as Doyle.

@hibs.net private member
    He will know the defence is a priority but do you not thing it would be very silly to pass up on a promising striker who will probably only be available for a short time, just because the defence is a priority? He had a defender on trial I believe but never signed him so he is looking. When the vast majority of players arent available to sign at the moment, having a pop at the manager for not signing is a bit harsh.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Get a grip FFS. 3 games in and your criticize him already. It isn't his fault he has to work with these brainless *****
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Coaching Staff
    Well that was a pretty short honey moon period for Pat. You couldn't make it up.

@hibs.net private member
    Looking for a rise are we?

3 games into his management. Your criticism is nauseating.

Maybe I am just a little nervous after last seasons worst defence in the SPL only saw one change (Bamba out, o'hanlon in).
    Hopefully I will be proved wrong and by the end of January we will have signed 3 quality defenders and a creative midfielder.
    We will have to wait and see but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not turning on him yet.

I'm quite down on Hibs these days, but, FFS man have a word!

Out of order bud I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Postman View Post
    cant believe after 3 and a half games (and a decent increase in the team's performance as well) people are turning on him. utter nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Teuchter Hibbie View Post
    cant believe after 3 and a half games (and a decent increase in the team's performance as well) people are turning on him. utter nonsense.
    We've lost 3 out of 3?