hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

Suarez banned for 8 games (merged)

An Independent Regulatory Commission has today [Tuesday 20 December 2011] found a charge of misconduct against Luis Suarez proven, and have issued a suspension for a period of eight matches as well as fining him £40,000, pending appeal.

On 16 November 2011, The Football Association charged Luis Suarez with misconduct contrary to FA Rule E3 in relation to the Liverpool FC versus Manchester United FC fixture on 15 October 2011.

A hearing took place from 14-20 December 2011 before an Independent Regulatory Commission of The FA to consider the charge.

The Independent Regulatory Commission announced its decision on 20 December 2011, which is as follows:
    • Mr Suarez used insulting words towards Mr Evra during the match contrary to FA Rule E3(1);
    • the insulting words used by Mr Suarez included a reference to Mr Evra's colour within the meaning of Rule E3(2);
    • Mr Suarez shall be warned as to his future conduct, be suspended for eight matches covering all first team competitive matches and fined the sum of £40,000;
    • the [penalty] is suspended pending the outcome of any appeal lodged by Mr Suarez against this decision.
    The Independent Regulatory Commission will provide written reasons for its decision in due course setting out:

(a) the findings of fact made by it;

(b) the reasons for its decision finding the charge proved; and

© the reasons for the penalty.

Mr Suarez has the right to appeal the decision of the Independent Regulatory Commission to an Appeal Board. An appeal must be lodged within 14 days of the date of the written reasons for the decision.

The penalty is suspended until after the outcome of any appeal, or the time for appealing expires, or should Mr Suarez decide not to appeal. The reason for this is to ensure that the penalty does not take effect before any appeal so that Mr Suarez has an effective right of appeal.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    John Terry will be keeking himself.

Good. No place for it in football.

I wonder if Liverpool will be sacking him. Any ordinary person found guilty of insulting someone on the basis of their race in the workplace would be dismissed.

Dalglish's comments so far on the whole case would suggest that won't be happening but it probably should.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if Liverpool will be sacking him. Any ordinary person found guilty of insulting someone on the basis of their race in the workplace would be dismissed.

Dalglish's comments so far on the whole case would suggest that won't be happening but it probably should.

It's gonna be very interesting to hear Dalglish's comments on this

He knows full well that racism wont be tolerated but he's already come out in support of his player

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by leither#1 View Post
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/lates...ement-20-12-11

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    I wonder if Liverpool will be sacking him. Any ordinary person found guilty of insulting someone on the basis of their race in the workplace would be dismissed.Dalglish's comments so far on the whole case would suggest that won't be happening but it probably should.
    Liverpool's statement suggests they will support him. But then football doesn't adhere to normal rules or decency, e.g. Keane's career ending brutal pre-meditated assault on Haaland should have led to him being sacked and prosecuted, but of course it didn't.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    They changed it mugged me off the cants lol

First Team Breakthrough
    I love how they mention that Suarez is of "mixed heritage" as if that has any relevance at all. If you are Urugyuan (with European and Native American blood) it does not excuse racial abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by CFC View Post
    I love how they mention that Suarez is of "mixed heritage" as if that has any relevance at all. If you are Urugyuan (with European and Native American blood) it does not excuse racial abuse.
    Think its to do with his granfather being black but no doesn't excuse it

Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    Shock horror!! If this had been an average, run of the mill player or youth player with no potential he'd be out!

But no, he happen's to be their most important player.

Disgraceful, shocking..

Liverpool, the people's club (aye right)

Should be ashamed of themselves...

Suarez = Racist

I heard Gus Poyet (who i actually quite like) on the radio last week saying that it's normal in Uruguay to call people names relating to their colour. Trying to justify the situation.

Nah, No danger.

Maybe over their but not here I'm afraid

Suarez = Racist

Suarez is from mixed race grandparents, so I would find it hard to believe that he was a racist

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    Suarez is from mixed race grandparents, so I would find it hard to believe that he was a racist
    Anyone is capable of racism regardless of ethnicity or nationality. Its not just confined to the stereotype skinhead types.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    Sounds a bit like the Rangers - my best friend / mother / auntie is a Catholic. Does not stop you being a bigot or a racist. Its what you DO that counts, not who your relatives were.

Liverpool have played this very badly and continue to do so. Denial is not going to be good in the long run. Doubt the American owner is impressed.

I did think we were getting beyond all this.

Where is the actual physical evidence?

Nobody else heard it and no cameras picked anything up. If a bunch of suits simply took one mans word over another then liverpool are quite right to be livid.

Quote Originally Posted by peterdouglas View Post
    Where is the actual physical evidence?

Nobody else heard it and no cameras picked anything up. If a bunch of suits simply took one mans word over another then liverpool are quite right to be livid.

no place for racism but that is right the fa will have to clarify the decision

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Good. No place for it in football.
    Or anywhere else for that matter

Anyone is capable of racism regardless of ethnicity or nationality. Its not just confined to the stereotype skinhead types.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_one View Post
    Sounds a bit like the Rangers - my best friend / mother / auntie is a Catholic. Does not stop you being a bigot or a racist. Its what you DO that counts, not who your relatives were.

Liverpool have played this very badly and continue to do so. Denial is not going to be good in the long run. Doubt the American owner is impressed.

I did think we were getting beyond all this.
    I never said he was or was not, I said I'd find it hard to believe

@hibs.net private member
    As a Liverpool fan, I find this whole affair confusing. I do not condone what Suarez said and I would actually prefer it if he wasn`t at the club anymore as I dont want players who racially abuse others to be playing for my team.

Some will just see this as a good way of having a dig at Liverpool and it will take a long time for this stain on Saurez`s character to be removed.

the confusing part tho is what evidence what he actually convicted on. From what I have read, Suarez said he used a term commonly using in Uruguay but that`s no excuse and that was the basis of the verdict.

What has kinda been over-looked is that Evra also admitted to using a derogatory term in Spanish at Suarez but Suarez says he didnt hear it! Two wrongs don`t make a right but if Suarez can be found guilty because he owned up, will Evra be found similarly guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by A Regulator View Post
    Correct!..How one man's evidence against another involving "words" said in the mayhem of a match like that is simply nonsense! - There can't be any witnesses as none of the ManU team can speak English,never mind Spanish!
    Ehhh...

David de Gea (Spanish)
    Javier Hernandez (Mexican)
    Antonio Valencia (Ecuadorian)

Quote Originally Posted by Green_one View Post

Liverpool have played this very badly and continue to do so. Denial is not going to be good in the long run. Doubt the American owner is impressed. I did think we were getting beyond all this.
    What's him being American got to do with it?

@hibs.net private member Hibbie_Cameron's Avatar
    If Liverpool dont appeal and the 8 game ban starts now, I believe Suarez first game back would be at Old Trafford

@hibs.net private member
    KD claim the FA should not have appealed Rooneys ban as it sets a bad example. Well if he is true to his word he should not be appealing against the ban for this racists ****bag

Can anyone show me the incident?

Can't remember this....

Left by mutual consent! Skanko79's Avatar
    He's got of lightly i think. Should have been punished the same as any other person. If i racially abused someone in the street saying what he apparantley said to Evra id be locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by peterdouglas View Post
    Where is the actual physical evidence? Nobody else heard it and no cameras picked anything up. If a bunch of suits simply took one mans word over another then liverpool are quite right to be livid.
    He himself admitted using the term 'negro' (or the Spanish equivilent). Liverpool's logic is nuts. They think the fact Evra admitted using an offensive word to Suarez means he should be charged, but don't believe the fact their own player admitted using a certain word should be accepted as evidence??? They cannae have it both ways. Even if for argument's sake you are willing to accept he was merely using it as a descriptive word, why on earth would you need to be describing someone's race/colour during a football match?

'S' Form

I would not believe a word that evra says he has history of saying people are racisist and been found to be false

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk