hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376

Safe Standing Areas - Pilot

The SPL board meeting has given a green light to pilot safe standing areas in Scottish stadiums.

Good - because we can't fill them as it is - bring back the terracing!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Nice one. Get the seats out of the lower west

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Excellent news
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    What a right waste of money getting them seats!

Wouldn't have the standing section in the west though..... they'd all moan about having to stand!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    First positive news from the SPL in an age. Hibs should be at the forefront of this.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Where do you think we will trial it? An unused area in the lower Famous 5?
    Last edited by Billy Whizz; 19-12-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Have any clubs announced an interest in doing a pilot scheme?

There are a few stadiums that would be perfect for this, e.g. the East Stand at Fir Park and the Shed at Tannadice. Gonna be difficult at ER, though, as there's no more converted terracing left so it could be harder to convert any area.

I personally would like to see the FF Lower converted to terracing. It wouldn't be too difficult to move the current residents some where else as there's never more than a couple of hundred in there anyway.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    A little bit pee'd off at this and more so with Hibs who were insistant that there was absolutely no chance of the East being allowed to have a standing area in it.

It would seem that as soon as Celtic raised the subject that the fellow members of the SPL agreed, begs the question did we actually ask or did we just believe that it wasn't allowed.

The potential cost saving to Hibs here could have been immense and not to mention actually being at the forefront of bringing back standing areas.

As it stands it would be folly to spend more money to remove the seats that have been installed when the product on the pitch requires every single penny.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice one. Get the seats out of the lower west
    Would it be as simple as just removing seats? Are all the seats not needed for us tae be a UEFA compliant stadium (for all those European games we play)? Will it no have tae be a case of changing they type of seats tae those that fold back and installing crush barriers? Nice tae see them listening tae the fans for a change though.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    It's a stitch-up to facilitate the yams' move to Saughton Enclosure.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 19-12-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    It's a stitch-up to facilitate the yams move to Saughton Enclosure.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    It's a stitch-up to facilitate the yams' move to Saughton Enclosure.

It's a farce I tell you.

They'll do anything to keep Hearts in the SPL, even when they do end up selling their seats to the scrap

This is great news. Now lets see the Hibs get in among this first.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Brilliant news. Gets these noisy ******* out of the East so we can sit and enjoy the game.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    You could remove the seats in the upper half of the east stand giving fans the option to sit or stand. Guaranteed Hibs will NOT be in favour of any standing areas as they don't really care about the fans IMO. I also believe this has come about due to the OF fans standing at all games especially away games. It wasn't too long ago that stewards at Aberdeen were chucking out well fans for standing,bet they didn't try to throw any of the OFfans out though.

Testimonial Due
    I suggest Sect43/12th man/Singing Section/CCS etc get in touch with the club ASAP firstly to determine that our stadium has section/s which can be converted to standing. I'm not sure if the gradient for example has to be within certain parameters.

Yes, this is a long shot and the club may have no interest but first things first you buffoons OK.

Fondest

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    You could remove the seats in the upper half of the east stand giving fans the option to sit or stand. Guaranteed Hibs will NOT be in favour of any standing areas as they don't really care about the fans IMO. I also believe this has come about due to the OF fans standing at all games especially away games. It wasn't too long ago that stewards at Aberdeen were chucking out well fans for standing,bet they didn't try to throw any of the OFfans out though.
    Up at Pitoddrie on Saturday the stewards kept the rear six rows for anybody wishing to stand.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Oh Great! Now all they need to do is get that lace back in the ball, move back to shirts with no names and numbers 1-11 only. And while they're at lets see if they can change todays society so it will be acceptable to stand at football matches in a good spirits instead of being surrounded by erseholes. Back to the future indeed!!!!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    What a right waste of money getting them seats!

Wouldn't have the standing section in the west though..... they'd all moan about having to stand!
    Too right.

What an ingenious way to attract people (back) to football. Remove all the comfortable aspects.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish View Post
    Up at Pitoddrie on Saturday the stewards kept the rear six rows for anybody wishing to stand.

I was in the back row standing at Aberdeen but I never heard them say stand up if you want. I think they even tried to get the Santas and elves that were standing to sit down but gave up. I fully expected to be told to sit down TBO.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Oh Great! Now all they need to do is get that lace back in the ball, move back to shirts with no names and numbers 1-11 only. And while they're at lets see if they can change todays society so it will be acceptable to stand at football matches in a good spirits instead of being surrounded by erseholes. Back to the future indeed!!!!

Nobodys saying that the whole ground would be converted into terracing, only a small section. If you don't want to stand then don't go to a standing section then. Simples.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    The stewards definately told us that if we wanted to stand we were to use the last six rows, everywhere else the fans had to sit. I stood the whole game as did everyone around me with no hassle at all from the stewards.

Guaranteed Hibs will NOT be in favour of any standing areas as they don't really care about the fans IMO.
    Is it guaranteed or is it just your opinion?

I think Hibs will try anything reasonable to attract more fans and fair enough, if it's safe and it's what the paying customer wants.

I don't think removing seats will attract anyone though.

Do you think many people stay away because they have to sit down? I don't know one.

Nah, the same folk who go every week, will still go every week, except they'll be slightly more tired after 2 hours than they used to be.

I remember standing on the terracing in crowds of less than 4000. Most of the time, I wished I could have afforded the main stand for a sit down!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Nobodys saying that the whole ground would be converted into terracing, only a small section. If you don't want to stand then don't go to a standing section then. Simples.
    Err I never said they did!!! However if it's alright with you I'll give my opinion on standing......Simples.

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

I think Hibs will try anything reasonable to attract more fans and fair enough, if it's safe and it's what the paying customer wants.

Do you think many people stay away because they have to sit down? I don't know one.

Nah, the same folk who go every week, will still go every week, except they'll be slightly more tired after 2 hours than they used to be.

I remember standing on the terracing in crowds of less than 4000. Most of the time, I wished I could have afforded the main stand for a sit down!
    That's what the stanchions were there for Dave - to lean and take the weight off your legs. They served a dual purpose in that they were useful for keeping you upright after too many in t' pub beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

I do know one person who stopped going when standing was outlawed but he's a Dundee united fan. Hibs don't really care about the fans IMO(ask Baldy Foghorn about this too). We don't have any loyalty scheme like other clubs do. You know like a points system for going to away games. Extra points for an away game that's live on tv. Maybe a percentage off your next season book if you accumulate enough points for going to games?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Err I never said they did!!! However if it's alright with you I'll give my opinion on standing......Simples.

Im sure you gave it on another standing thread not long ago.

Fantastic to hear this.

Was standing at Pittodrie at the weekend. Was in the middle of the row so didn't really see if the Police and stewards did anything. From what I did see they had a look, weighed up their chances of getting everyone to sit down, and then spread the message to forget about it and let us be

Quote Originally Posted by son of haggart View Post
    That's what the stanchions were there for Dave - to lean and take the weight off your legs. They served a dual purpose in that they were useful for keeping you upright after too many in t' pub beforehand.
    Have you seen my belly recently? I'm not sure the old crush barriers would be up to the job these days!

And, as you will remember, we didn't need the pub before hand. We used to take carry outs into the games and the crowds were still pathetic at times.

I remember some guys who used to stand along from us would bring in cases of McEwan's Export and Lager and sit on them until there were too few to perch on.

Needless to say, by that time, they needed a seat more than ever!

The first game that the alcohol ban came in was Berwick Rangers away on New Year's Day. We were in the first division. Rather than allow the police to confiscate our bottle of Glenmorangie, one of our group went back to the bus and had a sleep until the game was over.

In hindsight, having seen the game, it was a wise decision!
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 19-12-2011 at 12:26 PM.