hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Splash some cash

That is the only way we are going to get ourselves out of this position, If we don't we face a two way battle by the looks of it with Dunfermline

2. Log in to remove the advert

17 December 2011 the day we ... (Various "We're Doomed" Threads Merged)

17 December 2011 the day we all eventually accepted Hibs are likely to get relegated.

We are in a straight match between us and Dunfermline they look very bad so we have a chance but it will be close.

We create NIL we punt the ball at EVERY opportunity and look totally devoid of ideas I think we could still be playing and not have scored.

The only upside is Aberdeen looked like they would never score either until the Pen.

If I was a rich man I would LUMP ON under 2.5 goals in ALL our games and I think I would collect most weeks

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Speak for yourself! I've not accepted that we'll get relegated unless they start ending the season in December, and relegating two teams.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Do you call yourself a Hibby ? Such negativity has no place here. Yes, our performances are poor but we aren't hardly adrift at the bottom and not even half way through the season. Her is time to get it right and we have the resources that other team lack.

We have been in an almost terminal decline for a number of years. Calderwood was a complete disaster for the club.

I actually think Fenlon will turn us around. We will stay up this season. It will not be pretty, but needs must.

He has only had 2 games. Keep the faith.

Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    17 December 2011 the day we all eventually accepted Hibs are likely to get relegated.

We are in a straight match between us and Dunfermline they look very bad so we have a chance but it will be close.

We create NIL we punt the ball at EVERY opportunity and look totally devoid of ideas I think we could still be playing and not have scored.

The only upside is Aberdeen looked like they would never score either until the Pen.

If I was a rich man I would LUMP ON under 2.5 goals in ALL our games and I think I would collect most weeks
    Sensationalist, attention-seeking garbage.

Conceivable? Yes.

Likely? Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Speak for yourself! I've not accepted that we'll get relegated unless they start ending the season in December, and relegating two teams.
    Neither have I but I have accepted we are in a Two way fight for the drop.

If you dont think that then you must be be the eternal optimist !

This team lacks ANY creativity the ball we used today must have a sore head and other than Sodje's chance we never really teasted their keeper other than weak pass back shots.

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli_619 View Post
    Sensationalist, attention-seeking garbage.

Conceivable? Yes.

Likely? Bolt.
    Okay in a 12 team league in your opinion who could get relegated this year ?

I will say Fav's are Dunfermline, 2nd fav Hibs only other contender ICT.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    We have been in an almost terminal decline for a number of years. Calderwood was a complete disaster for the club.

I actually think Fenlon will turn us around. We will stay up this season. It will not be pretty, but needs must.

He has only had 2 games. Keep the faith.

I am surprised no one has started a poll yet

I don't agree either.

After Sodje came on we punted the ball more but he gave us two target men so that made it a bit inevitable. Before that we did try to play a bit.

Today we had at least 3 very good opportunities to score but took none of them - a sign of a team short in confidence. I thought that we worked very hard and are much better organised now, the addition of one or two faces in January might just do the trick - creative midfield player please

It's not time to panic yet - but the corner has to be turned soon

I think we'll stay up.

@hibs.net private member
    <SNIP>
    Here, you can borrow this:

Testimonial Due

"the day WE ALL....."

Is this one of the trumpets that the papers phone when they want to get the views of the Hibs fans!!!

I have no concerns at all about relegation this early in the season and with a transfer window coming up.

Once again the manager will be given the opportunity to strengthen the squad so hopefully he does a better job than previous ones did.
    I'm optimistic that he will get more out of the squad and the new boys so that we can move clear of Dunfermline and ICT.

Okay in a 12 team league in your opinion who could get relegated this year ?

I will say Fav's are Dunfermline, 2nd fav Hibs only other contender ICT.
    Dunfermline. I'd be willing to bet we'll be at least 8 points above them come the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    Here, you can borrow this:
    Thanks I think we may just stay up, but it is dependent on the continued poor form of Dunfermline as this team is totally lacking in creativity and are petrified of playing football.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    I am surprised no one has started a poll yet
    Nae point, its definitely 2 games

See what you mean though, don't think we will go down, there was more organisation about the team today than under Calderwood, we even moved about at shies and got them to Hibs players for a change. Hes organised a poor side a bit better, once the window opens and / or the culture changes we will b e okay but it wont be pretty.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    If we are bottom by the start of march. I will start to get worried
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli_619 View Post
    Dunfermline. I'd be willing to bet we'll be at least 8 points above them come the end of the season.
    Great Stuff

Anyone still think that we are "Too Good To Go Down" ?!?!?

As it says on the tin folks, anyone still think we are too good to go down ?

We have no pace, leadership, skill or fight in our team. These vast majority of these players really are not good enough - the table does not lie.

We may be saved by Dunfrmline being even worse than us.......but I wouldn't be putting much money on that myself.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Aye.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post
    Is this one of the trumpets that the papers phone when they want to get the views of the Hibs fans!!!

I have no concerns at all about relegation this early in the season and with a transfer window coming up.

Once again the manager will be given the opportunity to strengthen the squad so hopefully he does a better job than previous ones did.
    I'm optimistic that he will get more out of the squad and the new boys so that we can move clear of Dunfermline and ICT.
    No they don't call me and apologise for they title but if anyone thinks we are not in a really fight with only one and at most 2 opponents for 12th place they are not thinking straight

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I`ve seen enough in the 2 and a half games to suggest that we will survive and finish mid-table.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I don`t know if Pat Fenlon is the man to turn this club round but all this criticism at this stage is pointless. We know the squad is crap. We know he can`t bring in or move on players till January. If we are still in this position at the end of February then we are in trouble but at the moment anyone who thought that bringing in a new manager would have us immediately climbing up the league with this mediocre squad needs a reality check.

Crap, Wotherspoon had a shot that the keeper saved in the first few minutes , Scott forced the keeper into a good save just before half time . We did not punt the ball at every opertunity, Aberdeen did and they created nowt. We have a game in hand over a few clubs so please no more doom and gloom.

Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    Crap, Wotherspoon had a shot that the keeper saved in the first few minutes , Scott forced the keeper into a good save just before half time . We did not punt the ball at every opertunity, Aberdeen did and they created nowt. We have a game in hand over a few clubs so please no more doom and gloom.

Great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    I don`t know if Pat Fenlon is the man to turn this club round but all this criticism at this stage is pointless. We know the squad is crap. We know he can`t bring in or move on players till January. If we are still in this position at the end of February then we are in trouble but at the moment anyone who thought that bringing in a new manager would have us immediately climbing up the league with this mediocre squad needs a reality check.
    I am not slating PF all I am sying is we are in BIG trouble and May be saved by a very poor Dunfermline team.

Haven't thought that for about the last two years.

It would be staggering if there's any Hibs fans out there who truly believed that.

When you're in the position that we're in at the half way point in the season, where the only thing that separates you from being bottom is goal difference, then I don't think any side in that position can say that they're too good to go down.

What a load of tosh. You give up if you want to bud. Not me.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    What a load of tosh. You give up if you want to bud. Not me.
    Read the thread mate not given up just looking at the facts.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I am not slating PF all I am sying is we are in BIG trouble and May be saved by a very poor Dunfermline team.
    We were in big trouble long before Felon arrived. We are all well aware of that, and we have to hope that he is able to get us out this mess. Calderwood couldn`t do it with the poor squad he inherited and he actually made it worse. It should be almost impossible for Fenlon to do the same with this lot.