hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar

Hibs to stop paying players

Well its not done that lot over the other side of the city any harm - maybe Rod should consider not paying them until they actually prove they are worth a salary.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Brazil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well its not done that lot over the other side of the city any harm - maybe Rod should consider not paying them until they actually prove they are worth a salary.
    I would even go as far as asking them for their last 12 months salaries that they've robbed of us.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    A lot of them aren't good enough but the whole team worked hard today, this wage thief talk is boring and undeserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    A lot of them aren't good enough but the whole team worked hard today, this wage thief talk is boring and undeserved.
    One day out of how many?

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    One day out of how many?
    I don't think work rate has ever been a problem with this squad, it looks to me more like some players are just not good enough, some are trying too hard and look shaky and nervous, others are deprived of service and movement from competent teammates and the whole squad are in dire need of some confidence. But hey, let's slate them further and make them justify their pay, that's bound to get us on the right track.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    looks like we have stopped paying win bonuses......

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    I don't think work rate has ever been a problem with this squad, it looks to me more like some players are just not good enough, some are trying too hard and look shaky and nervous, others are deprived of service and movement from competent teammates and the whole squad are in dire need of some confidence. But hey, let's slate them further and make them justify their pay, that's bound to get us on the right track.
    Okay. Cheers.

Okay. Cheers.
    It's attitudes like this that get on my nerves. Rather than bickering with fellow Hibs fans can't we just all pull together an try and SUPPORT the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Le God View Post
    It's attitudes like this that get on my nerves. Rather than bickering with fellow Hibs fans can't we just all pull together an try and SUPPORT the team?
    To be honest a lot of it is tongue in cheek. I wouldn't call it bickering either. It's only a bit banter.

To be honest a lot of it is tongue in cheek. I wouldn't call it bickering either. It's only a bit banter.
    Fair enough, posting in response to what you said was a poor choice. I just feel there's so much negativity on here (and at ER) these days. I know that shocking performances are to blame for this but I just wish we could all get behind the team no matter how badly they are playing. I appreciate it's frustrating for fans just now but negativity towards players certainly isn't going to improve the situation.