hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

I feel sorry for Pat

That he has to work with these useless *****!
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

2. Log in to remove the advert

Seconded! It's pretty obvious that there is somthing far wrong at our club. There is no way that the past 4 or 5 managers have been that *****. Somthing smells very rotten at hibs.

We are f****d, end of.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Don't worry, I'm sure in a couple months the "Fenlon Must Go" brigade will be in full swing and we'll have another scapegoat.

First Team Breakthrough roondheid's Avatar
    What a gutless bunch.. get them out of my club.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Can we not chant for "all players to go?" as opposed to subjecting managers to the sacking conveyer belt!!!
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

We badly need at least 4/5 players pronto, no dig in midfield at all, a slight improvement in attitude but not making any excuses but it was never a penalty and that was the only way they were going to score against us, FWIW they are terrible as well, but we need new blood soon.

I feel sorry for the fans who follow through thick and thin....

Depressing times ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel sorry for him too, I don't see what else he can do....

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Yes he has been left a pile of steaming crap to work with, but he put that side and that formation on the park....we were never going to score never mind win.

Tough at the bottom

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Garry O'Connor as a lone striker supported by Scott was never going to work. We didn't deserve to lose but Fenlon needs to realise that O'Connor up front alone doesn't work and needs to take some responsibility, too. I thought we looked OK in patches and we lost because of a penalty that never was. We've still not conceded a goal in open play in Fenlon's tenure, I'm not too upset and I'm very confident we'll be well safe come the end of the season.

First Team Breakthrough Sergeant Hibs's Avatar
    Thirded, useless bunch of wage theifs

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs were poor but pat must realise 1 up front does not work. Can he also leave Spoony in the midfield

@hibs.net private member
    Dont think there is much he can do with this bunch, although I would say that GOC needs time off as he isnt looking great, sodje looked better than him when he came on. I also think taking Ivan off hindered us a bit. When he went off there full backs pressed higher up and we never really got up the wings after that. He has got us defending better as a unit but with no creativity in the midfield we are always going to struggle to create anything. He does seem to be getting more out of wotherspoon and Stevenson that the last few managers though.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Am I the only one (well, including my old man who's as pessimistic as they come) who thought our work-rate, tactics and shape were spot-on? If anything, I think it was a lack of cutting edge/individual quality that resulted in the defeat for which Fenlon cannot be blamed.

I thought we were cohesive, well-drilled and snapping into tackles and chasing and harrying their players.

I won't be panicking just yet.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one (well, including my old man who's as pessimistic as they come) who thought our work-rate, tactics and shape were spot-on? If anything, I think it was a lack of cutting edge/individual quality that resulted in the defeat for which Fenlon cannot be blamed.

I thought we were cohesive, well-drilled and snapping into tackles and chasing and harrying their players.

Totally agree.

I thought we were cohesive, well-drilled and snapping into tackles and chasing and harrying their players
    I'd agree with all of that. We are, however, carrying the kind of luck that teams that end up getting relegated have.

We might be more difficult to beat, but unless there's a number of new faces in January I can't see how we have anyone that can do anything to see us win enough games to stay up.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!

I don't think having one up top worked, O'Connor isn't suited to that formation at all and was anonymous- like last week. Apart from that I agree, we pressed and tackled well but we lack creativity so much. There was hardly any width despite Sproule and Galbraith playing, the two full backs offered absolutely nothing going forward. Not a bad performance and signs of more improvement but we've a long way to go with some major personnel changes required.

I would disagree with your points regarding work rate, tactics and shape.

With respect to the tactics I thought they were wrong to start with and baffling to say the least when they went down to 10 men!!

Now that is down to PF

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Agreed, Barney.

What I will say though, whilst I thought we were actually well-drilled with a decent shape, Gary O'Connor's first touch was absolutely awful and was a big reason as to why we lacked that cutting edge.

Galbraith was the busiest and most inventive I've seen him and even Sproule got involved in the second half. Scott always looked available and comfortable with the ball at his toes whilst Stevenson was industrious and played his role very well. Wotherspoon I thought was the most comfortable and confident I've seen him.

Defensively, Michael Hart looks as if he's only one blink of the eye away from an error; Hanlon looked good, forceful and dominant at left-back and the big two fellas in central defence won everything aerially although O'Hanlon's touch was a bit hit and miss.

All in all, I don't think we were that bad, individually and most importantly as a team.

A bit more guile, pace and invention which will only arrive by virtue of new personnel and we'll be a different team. Famous last words of course, and words that have been uttered the past 5 years but I believe this manager has got what it takes to provide it.

In shape, work-rate, standards and team-work, he's made a massive difference already compared to the hapless, disorganised, biscuit-ersed attempts at application that we suffered prior to his appointment.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I don't feel sorry for him at all. He is the manager of the greatest club on earth, so if anything, I am jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    I would disagree with your points regarding work rate, tactics and shape.

With respect to the tactics I thought they were wrong to start with and baffling to say the least when they went down to 10 men!!

Now that is down to PF
    I called Sodje for Hart as soon as they went down to ten, with Wotherspoon dropping back.

Ye trying to say I'm a crap armchair manager, BH?

Poor Pat.

By the looks of it Alex Ferguson would have a job turning us into a decent team. Of course Pat hasnt had time to do anything at ER but the fact is that our losing streak goes on, despite a decent first half at Fir Park and a better effort against the current buns, which suggests that even our luck has run out, if we ever had any. Paw Broon on radio just now saying he thought Hibs played well. Maybe so but we still lost.

Like I have said before, its time our absentee owner took some responsibility here and if he doesnt feel he can or should, then he should find a buyer for the club.

According to them across the city they have two interested parties looking to buy them with their crap stadium and £35,000,000 debt. If that is true what does it say about our owner who doesnt want a football club and yet in 20 years has been ( it would seem to me ) doing a bloody good job of keeping a hold of one.

No I dont want him to take the huff and just walk. But I do want him to either put some money into the playing side of the club or try a damned lot harder to find an owner for the club who will.

I called Sodje for Hart as soon as they went down to ten, with Wotherspoon dropping back.

Ye trying to say I'm a crap armchair manager, BH?
    :)

Agree, there is more fight and better attitude about them, need a few breaks and a ref that can actually see, rome wasnt built in a day the only goals we have lost since PF came in have been 2 bull**** penalties and a sleeping full back for the header, start from the back and the front lads will take care of the chances, were in a relegation fight and just have to match what caley and dunfermline do to stay in the league then wel see what happens nxt season.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

I'm with you. Aberdeen couldn't get a shot on target and I thought up to the penalty we we pretty comfortable.

Sure we were not totally bossing the match but Aberdeen were doing absolutely nothing until they got the softest of penalties. Up to that point I thought it was a pretty effective away performance.

The goal seemed to knock the players a bit and our lack of cutting edge when they went to 10 was disappointing but I suppose that's why we are down the bottom.

From what I have seen Fenlon seems to have been setting us up to hold the opposition and then press up in the second half....sadly in both the Rangers games and this one we have conceded a penalty just when it looked like we were getting well on top.

Thought times for sure but I'm not with the OP in terms of despair.......yet.

Fenlons on radio just now, telling it like it is. Didn't think it was a penalty, soft award either way, thought Aberdeen player very unlucky to be sent off, stated he thought the only way we were going to lose a goal today was from free kick/penalty and only sat on fence about GOC 's booking for "diving" saying he would have to see it on tv and decide prior to speaking to him. Always comes across very well IMO and is making a difference to the team, not long enough in door to make us the force we should be but will get us there.

This has to be the poorest squad of players that I've had the misfortune of suffering for years!!

I'm struggling to count, on one hand, the number of decent games by a Hibs side since we won the cup in 2007. Almost five years on and we're still watching the same basic mistakes and poor execution of fundimental football skills.

We're on our 4th manager in that time and players still can't cross a ball, continue to stand back and let balls bounce, are too soft, too slow and can't pass etc. Everything that's poor about football can be seen in our players. It was hard to tell which side had 10 men today! O'Connor & Sproule were totally ineffective and should have both been pulled at half time and replaced by players who give a *****.

It's looking very poor for our chances of staying up and if the management persist on playing one lazy ******* up every game and surrendering possession to all our opponents then relegation will more than likely happen!!
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    This has to be the poorest squad of players that I've had the misfortune of suffering for years!!

I'm struggling to count, on one hand, the number of decent games by a Hibs side since we won the cup in 2007. Almost five years on and we're still watching the same basic mistakes and poor execution of fundimental football skills.

We're on our 4th manager in that time and players still can't cross a ball, continue to stand back and let balls bounce, are too soft, too slow and can't pass etc. Everything that's poor about football can be seen in our players. It was hard to tell which side had 10 men today! O'Connor & Sproule were totally ineffective and should have both been pulled at half time and replaced by players who give a *****.

It's looking very poor for our chances of staying up and if the management persist on playing one lazy ******* up every game and surrendering possession to all our opponents then relegation will more than likely happen!!
    I was trying to decide earlier if this is worse than the early 80's

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    I was trying to decide earlier if this is worse than the early 80's
    I would say so, its soooo bad.