hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

united away xmas eve £10/5 entry

The game at tannadice next Saturday is £10 for adults and £5 for kids.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough francobaresi's Avatar
    If it was free I wouldn't go, rather be with family Christmas Eve... Good offer though, very commendable...

tickets sales must have been really poor b4 this move, i wonder why, still at least they have done something

Just as well. I've already forked out £15 for the Travelodge on the Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    tickets sales must have been really poor b4 this move, i wonder why, still at least they have done something
    I assume they did read the OP on this board then?

This is more like it, well done United

We took a near 2000 to Motherwell on a Friday night, mon Hibby's let's take over this ground man....spread the word, cheap early xmas present, drive the wife up so she can get on with some late xmas shopping....any excuse guys, occupy Dundee!!!!.

:pfgwa:pfgwa

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Big well done to Utd. Great to see more of these initiatives in the SPL. Will deffo try to make the game en-route home from Aberdeen for Christmas. Might even take my Dons supporting step son!

Good move by the Terrors Helluva saving on their usual £25 for the upper tier of that cramped old stand
    This is how it feels

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by francobaresi View Post
    If it was free I wouldn't go, rather be with family Christmas Eve... Good offer though, very commendable...
    indeed......daft fixture date...between Christmas & New Year should have more matches as its more of a dead time...not Christmas Eve

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    indeed......daft fixture date...between Christmas & New Year should have more matches as its more of a dead time...not Christmas Eve
    We haven't played on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve in 34 years. It's a daft idea by the SPL to try and re-introduce it. I suspect it will be a disaster across the board.
    Last edited by Purple & Green; 18-12-2011 at 09:34 PM.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I'm the sort of fan that normally picks one maybe two away games a season, apart from tynecastle, and I've been toying with the idea of going to this one, the prices they've announced almost swung it but Xmas eve just isn't possible, I know I'm not the only one that's tempted but just can't make it, absolutely bonkers decision to have a set of fixtures on Christmas eve imo, can't see any justification for it

@hibs.net private member
    Xmas eve is just a stupid day to play a game. The crowd will be under 5000 the SPL just never seem to understand

Quote Originally Posted by JustSimplyHibs View Post
    This is more like it, well done United

We took a near 2000 to Motherwell on a Friday night, mon Hibby's let's take over this ground man....spread the word, cheap early xmas present, drive the wife up so she can get on with some late xmas shopping....any excuse guys, occupy Dundee!!!!.

:pfgwa:pfgwa
    In Dundee? You're madder than I thought but I like your optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    In Dundee? You're madder than I thought but I like your optimism.
    u jst never know mate...u might end up with the deeds to a nice council house up there lol

The last time we played Dundee United on Christmas Eve was in 1932. Attendance was a miserable 3,500 but we won 2-0 with goals from Peter Flucker and Robert Wallace.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I'm the sort of fan that normally picks one maybe two away games a season, apart from tynecastle, and I've been toying with the idea of going to this one, the prices they've announced almost swung it but Xmas eve just isn't possible, I know I'm not the only one that's tempted but just can't make it, absolutely bonkers decision to have a set of fixtures on Christmas eve imo, can't see any justification for it
    The one time a lot of folk would actually want them tae move a Saturday fixture they leave it there, games should have been on boxing day.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 17-12-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    We haven't played on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve in 38 years. It's a daft idea by the SPL to try and re-introduce it. I suspect it will be a disaster across the board.
    Don't know about you but when Christmas Eve is a week day I normally have to work.

Why are people coming over all family and other commitments when football is scheduled instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Don't know about you but when Christmas Eve is a week day I normally have to work.

Why are people coming over all family and other commitments when football is scheduled instead?
    I have to agree. Surely Boxing Day is more of a family day than Christmas Eve ever was.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Just as well. I've already forked out £15 for the Travelodge on the Friday!
    I don't think "forked out" is the correct expression if you've managed to snare a room for that bargain price!

Mind you, Friday night in Dundee?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

First Team Regular
    Im travelling all the way from Hongkong to Dundee for this match, (well, also to have Xmas with my mum in Edinburgh),so good news about the lower price, as im already spending 1000 pounds getting there.
    Lets hope its not snowed/rained off as its the one match I can make it to this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

Christmas Eve is just different, because it just is IMHO - Those, especially with children, are otherwise engaged in preparations for Christmas Day and spending half your day at football is a long long way down your list of priorities.

Someone also mentions Boxing Day not being a great day, and I tend to agree - there's always plenty people missing that game because of family commitments. However, there's also plenty of people who only see Hibs during the holiday period because that's when they are back in Edinburgh visiting family and friends.

I do think the crowds will be spectacularly poor on Christmas Eve - and our crowd today was already spectacularly poor - and in 5/6/7 years time when Saturday next falls on Christmas Eve we won't see any fixtures.

Given this years dates, I don't understand why the SPL didn't go for Tuesday 27th - public holiday, Saturday 31st, Tuesday 2nd - public holiday - which would have given three 3 O' Clock kick offs subject to TV instead of an early afternoon, evening and then what would have been the solitary 3 O' Clock kick on the 2nd.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    The last time we played Dundee United on Christmas Eve was in 1932. Attendance was a miserable 3,500 but we won 2-0 with goals from Peter Flucker and Robert Wallace.
    I hope some Flucker scores for us this time too!!

Can't really see the problem with this. It's a 1:30pm kick off is it not so the game will be over and you can be back in Edinburgh for about 5:30pm, still pretty early for 'family stuff', whatever that may be. Getting to Dundee on Boxing Day probably would be an ever bigger pain in the erse I'd say?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    Christmas Eve is just different, because it just is IMHO - Those, especially with children, are otherwise engaged in preparations for Christmas Day and spending half your day at football is a long long way down your list of priorities.

Someone also mentions Boxing Day not being a great day, and I tend to agree - there's always plenty people missing that game because of family commitments. However, there's also plenty of people who only see Hibs during the holiday period because that's when they are back in Edinburgh visiting family and friends.

I do think the crowds will be spectacularly poor on Christmas Eve - and our crowd today was already spectacularly poor - and in 5/6/7 years time when Saturday next falls on Christmas Eve we won't see any fixtures.

Given this years dates, I don't understand why the SPL didn't go for Tuesday 27th - public holiday, Saturday 31st, Tuesday 2nd - public holiday - which would have given three 3 O' Clock kick offs subject to TV instead of an early afternoon, evening and then what would have been the solitary 3 O' Clock kick on the 2nd.
    As I said I normally work Christmas Eve so most of that us nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I don't think "forked out" is the correct expression if you've managed to snare a room for that bargain price! Mind you, Friday night in Dundee?
    Just checked, the hotel was 25 notes, not a bad deal tho.I'm sure there will be a few interesting sights to be seen on the Fri night!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Can't really see the problem with this. It's a 1:30pm kick off is it not so the game will be over and you can be back in Edinburgh for about 5:30pm, still pretty early for 'family stuff', whatever that may be. Getting to Dundee on Boxing Day probably would be an ever bigger pain in the erse I'd say?

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quite a lot of reasoned arguements for not going to the game on x-mas eve and they all leave eaxh poster with a lot more credibility than saying, the missuss says i am no gettin to go.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Quite a lot of reasoned arguements for not going to the game on x-mas eve and they all leave eaxh poster with a lot more credibility than saying, the missuss says i am no gettin to go.
    Exactly :)

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    The game at tannadice next Saturday is £10 for adults and £5 for kids.
    Where exactly is it offering this? The Hibs official site still has it at £25

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I have to agree. Surely Boxing Day is more of a family day than Christmas Eve ever was.
    Aye but one day with the family is more than enough by Boxing day you are dying to get away from them.

Boxing day is traditionally in England a day where higher than average attendances are common.

Personally dont understand why the games on the evening of the 28th arent on the afternoon of the 27th as think more people would likely come along IMO.