hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    He showed his class, like when Deek gave it to the Jambos. Embarassing and costly to the team.

These guys need to learn that they are players, not supporters, when on the park.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    ******* Joke.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Not to sure why he did it - on live T.V and when we were losing -

He didn't have his best game at the weekend but also didn't deserve the abuse he got on here - there is a player in there and over time we will see it.

Gives Fenlon a chance to play Galbraith this weekend I would assume - Galbraith needs to start performing more and showing he is good enough

Can someone please explain to me how he can receive a suspension for doing something that is a bookable offence?

I don't get that at all and is not like the Sone Aluko incident either, although I still don't agree with the players caught diving being suspended either. At least in Aluko's case, he did actually help to alter the scoreline of the match with his dishonest actions.

How exactly did Griffiths do anything like that on Saturday with his gesture?
    Last edited by Sir David Gray; 13-12-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to sure why he did it - on live T.V and when we were losing -

He didn't have his best game at the weekend but also didn't deserve the abuse he got on here - there is a player in there and over time we will see it.

Gives Fenlon a chance to play Galbraith this weekend I would assume - Galbraith needs to start performing more and showing he is good enough
    It was 0-0 at the time

[QUOTE=H18sry;3032761]It was 0-0 at the time [/QUOTE

Did he not do it when being subbed also when we were 2v0 down ? Did something that got a reaction from the hun fans ?

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    [QUOTE=NJ Hibee;3032766]
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    It was 0-0 at the time [/QUOTE

Did he not do it when being subbed also when we were 2v0 down ? Did something that got a reaction from the hun fans ?

He applauded them when he was making his way off the pitch to be replaced by Ross Caldwell.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    He shouldn't have gestured, especially when it's was being shown on Tv (nowhere to hide).

Two wrongs don't make a right but..............

Boruc used to make gestures during games at Easter road and did he (despite being on the back page of the paper) receive any punishment? Fairly sure I've seen McGregor guilty of this as well!

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because it was directed at the Rangers 'fans' ?!?

Typical SFA

@hibs.net private member
    On club website Hibs not appealing the decison. Silly boy. But wont really be missed with his current form.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    O'Connor/Caldwell to start upfront on saturday?
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

STV Sport @STVSport 11 mins Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Hibs accept Leigh Griffiths ban: bit.ly/uYZJ9S

Im OK with him getting the ban for that and as long as its applied fairly across the board then all well and good.

Mind you, Jelavic jumping into he hun crowd after scoring went without booking, so lets get things clear and when actions like that are yellows or not.

More time to practise shooting into the goal.

I was seated at the far end of the West on Saturday. Huns **** were giving it to him large and he took the bait. Silly boy.

I'd rather he had got it up them by firing in goals instead of making stupid gestures.

Are we slagging him off because of pragmatic reasons (he got a ban so it hurts the club=a bad thing) or moral reasons (doing a GIRUY gesture is a bad or 'classless' thing to do)?I hope those slagging him off for the latter reason realise that the vast majority of Hibs fans regularly make this gesture to the vile travelling support we were subjected to on Saturday. Those in glass houses etc etc...

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Are we slagging him off because of pragmatic reasons (he got a ban so it hurts the club=a bad thing) or moral reasons (doing a GIRUY gesture is a bad or 'classless' thing to do)?I hope those slagging him off for the latter reason realise that the vast majority of Hibs fans regularly make this gesture to the vile travelling support we were subjected to on Saturday. Those in glass houses etc etc...
    The argument is probably 'we're not footballers.' Or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Leitrim Hibee View Post
    The argument is probably 'we're not footballers.' Or similar.
    ...which is an argument that irritates me. I've watched countless fans over the years get all aggrieved about a player making a wee gesture or talking back to the east stand, forgetting that 30 seconds before they themselves were screaming about paedophilia, the players sexuality or similar. The role model argument works both ways.

I'm sorry, I object to this.

Players are expected to take to the bitch, often to jeers, insults and taunts of thousands of grown men, but every now and then when one snaps and bites back everyone reacts like it's the greatest insult they've ever faced and run crying to complain to all and sundry.

If fans are content to give players dogs abuse, they should be more than prepared for the moment when one decides he's had enough and gives them a signal to do one.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    I'm sorry, I object to this.

Players are expected to take to the bitch, often to jeers, insults and taunts of thousands of grown men, but every now and then when one snaps and bites back everyone reacts like it's the greatest insult they've ever faced and run crying to complain to all and sundry.

If fans are content to give players dogs abuse, they should be more than prepared for the moment when one decides he's had enough and gives them a signal to do one.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Can someone please explain to me how he can receive a suspension for doing something that is a bookable offence?

I don't get that at all and is not like the Sone Aluko incident either, although I still don't agree with the players caught diving being suspended either. At least in Aluko's case, he did actually help to alter the scoreline of the match with his dishonest actions.

Very good question.

On top of that Griffiths made the gesture right in front of the linesman who obviously failed to spot it as well.

The player has been punished so maybe the Officials should also have something deducted from their match fee for their incompetence. Fat chance of that happening though!

Footballers are human beings, unlike Rangers supporters.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: StevenHibs
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Footballers are human beings, unlike Rangers supporters.

It was a stupid act bourne out of frustration, however the lack of consistency within the game reeks..........
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    wish he had got it for over celebrating a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Exactly.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    One of the Hun subs made a similar gesture into west lower when they scored their penalty which the steward at the away dugout found hilarious as he laughed at the Hibs fans so I look forward to him being punished. At the league cup game I think Neil Lennon shouted more at us in the stand than at his players.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post

It's not a cautionable offence - don't know where you're getting that from.

Law 12. Sending off offences. "using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures".

Doesn't matter if it's to a team mate, opponent or a supporter, he's been caught bang to rights.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    It wasn't even a proper one FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil the Hibby View Post
    I was seated at the far end of the West on Saturday. Huns **** were giving it to him large and he took the bait. Silly boy.

I'd rather he had got it up them by firing in goals instead of making stupid gestures.
    someone posted earlier this week that he should concentrate on his football and not on winding up the opposition fans.