hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Testimonial Due

Abuse given out to Ivan in east yesterday

Did anyone hear the old boy going mental at Ivan first half yesterday? Started having a go at him and then Ivan heard him and the boy starts shouting that he is an Irish f***! Ivan clearly hears him.

Now I'm not saying Ivan has been great for us second time around but shouting that sort of stuff at him ain't going to encourage him. Pretty poor behaviour IMHO.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Got the feeling there were one or two Huns in the East yesterday. Just a couple here or there, sitting with Hibby mates etc. This could be the source of it, but in any event the abuser is mistaken - Sproule is from Northern Ireland.

@hibs.net private member
    The guys comments were racists and he should be ashamed of himself. But why Ivan thought it was a good idea to shout back is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee 4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anyone hear the old boy going mental at Ivan first half yesterday? Started having a go at him and then Ivan heard him and the boy starts shouting that he is an Irish f***! Ivan clearly hears him.

Now I'm not saying Ivan has been great for us second time around but shouting that sort of stuff at him ain't going to encourage him. Pretty poor behaviour IMHO.
    So why put up with it ? Either chib the guy yourself or make a complaint to steward/Police. If the stuff the guy was shouting was causing offence then they are duty bound to act on it.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    The guys comments were racists and he should be ashamed of himself. But why Ivan thought it was a good idea to shout back is beyond me.
    You both must sit near me because the guy is in the row in front of me but a fair bit along. He's there every week too so obviously is an ST holder and not a Rangers fan.

The guy originally shouted "Look interested, Ivan" or something similar. Nothing particularly scathing and probably on the ball considering the way Sproule was dancing about doing nothing much. It was only after Sproule turned around and told him to "**** off" that the guy lost the rag and responded in kind.

Testimonial Due
    Oh aye. From 10 rows back. Not my responsibility to report that or confront anyone when a copper is just in front of him at the exit and chooses to ignore it.

Embarrassing behaviour from our so called support.

Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    So why put up with it ? Either chib the guy yourself or make a complaint to steward/Police. If the stuff the guy was shouting was causing offence then they are duty bound to act on it.
    Agree to an extent.

However I challenged a guy at Tannadice a while back who called a Dundee Utd player a 'black *******' and a 'darkie'. I got absolutely no support from anyone else around me and the guy and his mates got pretty aggressive. I'm a big guy who can handle himself but I was quite intimidated. I tried to speak to a steward and Police but they didn't seem interested and threatened to kick me out if I didn't shut up.

I'd be wary of challenging anyone if I couldn't be sure a few people would back me up.

Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    Oh aye. From 10 rows back. Not my responsibility to report that or confront anyone when a copper is just in front of him at the exit and chooses to ignore it.

Embarrassing behaviour from our so called support.
    As I've already pointed out, the guy was responding to being told to "**** off" by Sproule after shouting something incredibly mild. There was no need for the "Irish" adjective but he had every right to tell Sproule where to go.

Testimonial Due
    I'm neither big or confrontational, however it's not my job anyway to police our support. The club pays a fortune for this.

I like you wouldn't expect anyone to back me up of I was to confront him so why bother.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    we have some right trumpets in our support, i hope theu guy who shouted abuse and called ozzy a monkey takes a long hard look at himself we dont need fans like you!!!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Got the feeling there were one or two Huns in the East yesterday. Just a couple here or there, sitting with Hibby mates etc. This could be the source of it, but in any event the abuser is mistaken - Sproule is from Northern Ireland.
    He's still Irish though, isn't he?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    He's still Irish though, isn't he?
    Yes.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    As I've already pointed out, the guy was responding to being told to "**** off" by Sproule after shouting something incredibly mild. There was no need for the "Irish" adjective but he had every right to tell Sproule where to go.
    Ivan responded only to several shouts of F off you Irish bxxxxxd.

Someone a few rows up had a go at the shouts and to be fair we never heard much else after.

Folk get annoyed, say things and that's generally it which happened yesterday

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar

The guy sits in front of me. He loves a good rant but yesterday was OTT.

He initially told Ivan to look interested, Ivan replied then the guy called him a wee irish ****.

My mate pulled him up saying ' big man no need for abuse like that' only to be met with 'what the **** has it got to do with you?'

He never opened his mouth for the rest of the game, reckon he felt pretty embarrassed by his stupid comments.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post

He initially told Ivan to look interested, Ivan replied then the guy called him a wee irish ****.

My mate pulled him up saying ' big man no need for abuse like that' only to be met with 'what the **** has it got to do with you?'

He never opened his mouth for the rest of the game, reckon he felt pretty embarrassed by his stupid comments.
    Illistrates the point I was trying to make, it's not every challenge that is met with threats of violence, god forbid, but a lot of these dafties who, go ott with their abuse tend to just shut up with embarressment when it's pointed out that they are going too far. Time for the decent supporters to stand up and be counted and "back up", at least verbally, any decent minded supporter who challenges the dafties who only go to shout abuse at each and every pleyer. Why go and just moan? Surely, as the word suggests we should "SUPPORT" our players, did this idiot think shouting abuse at Ivan would make him play better? I think it would have the opposite effect, get Ivan irate, [which, given he responded] it clearly did.

I don't think personal abuse aimed at our own players is a good thing, especially towards a guy who loves Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    I don't think personal abuse aimed at our own players is a good thing, especially towards a guy who loves Hibs
    Spot on

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    Spot on. I really wish we gave our opponents half the abuse we give our own players.

What was it the board said at the agm? Something along the lines of "Easter Road's become an intimidating place, but not in the way we'd have wanted it to be."
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Spot on. I really wish we gave our opponents half the abuse we give our own players.

What was it the board said at the agm? Something along the lines of "Easter Road's become an intimidating place, but not in the way we'd have wanted it to be."
    I suspect this is linked to the fact that Easter Road has long been an enjoyable place to watch football, just not for the right set of fans.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I suspect this is linked to the fact that Easter Road has long been an enjoyable place to watch football, just not for the right set of fans.
    You may well be right!

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Agree to an extent.

However I challenged a guy at Tannadice a while back who called a Dundee Utd player a 'black *******' and a 'darkie'. I got absolutely no support from anyone else around me and the guy and his mates got pretty aggressive. I'm a big guy who can handle himself but I was quite intimidated. I tried to speak to a steward and Police but they didn't seem interested and threatened to kick me out if I didn't shut up.

I'd be wary of challenging anyone if I couldn't be sure a few people would back me up.
    That's quite shocking. I think I would have made a formal complaint to the Chief Constable.

It's embarrassing how many threads on here revolve around our fans shouting abuse at our own players. FFS, if you have to shout abuse then do it at the opposition. Shouting abuse at our own players does nothing but help the opposition and make the abuser look like a complete arse.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_S View Post
    It's embarrassing how many threads on here revolve around our fans shouting abuse at our own players. FFS, if you have to shout abuse then do it at the opposition. Shouting abuse at our own players does nothing but help the opposition and make the abuser look like a complete arse.
    In a nutshell.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post

Someone a few rows up had a go at the shouts and to be fair we never heard much else after.

We certainly do have some extremely stupid erseholes among our number - just where the hell does someone purporting to support a team called HIBERNIAN get off calling a player (ANY player) an Irish Bxxxxxd????

I'm not saying we should all be indulging in the sort of plastic paddy antics so beloved of our neighbours from the west, but shouting anti-irish abuse like that is a gross insult to the founders of our club as well as any fellow supporters who may have some Irish ancestry, not to mention our new manager and Ivan himself - I'd be delighted if such morons were banned from the club and never darkened the door at ER ever again.

Must be a different incident then because the one I saw Sproule reacted directly to being told to look interested.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    In a nutshell.
    Three strikes then out? Can live in hope. I mean if your fellow supporters complain about your behaviour why not ? Or at least move to another part of the ground. To be clear here I'm talking about abuse of our own players. Fine if it's the opposition tho ;) double standards? All the way ;)

He get's paid for what the majority of Hibs fans can do, even if they are 40+ (run at a player and get tackled by his own feet), he wasnae great the first time around either, just one of these players that should be emptied..end off.

No left foot, struggles against a defender that wont dive in, cannae score goals he's only in football because he is fast.....ad guarentee Michael Hart would mark him out a game

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Must be a different incident then because the one I saw Sproule reacted directly to being told to look interested.
    It wasn't. Kinda full stop here as that's how it was, ivan responded to to the 'fan's several shouts and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post

It wasn't. Kinda full stop here as that's how it was, ivan responded to to the 'fan's several shouts and nothing else.
    KeithTheHibby seems to have witnessed exactly the same incident as me. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    we have some right trumpets in our support, i hope theu guy who shouted abuse and called ozzy a monkey takes a long hard look at himself we dont need fans like you!!!
    I thought I'd imagined hearing this yesterday in the East. Apparently not.

Not that it makes any difference, but I think it was aimed at Edu who had been tackled by Ozzy. The irony must have been completely lost on the guy.