hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fans leaving??

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83

Fans leaving??

Under CC I left Easter Road on many occasions early, purely because the football was murder and felt towards the end that if enough fans left then pressure would get to Petrie.

However, today at about 65/70 minutes fans were streaming towards the exits. It must be crap for the players to see all the fans leaving 20 minutes before the end. Especially when we were actually playing a bit better, how are we supposed to make easter road a hard place to come if everybody leaves even when players ARE playing ok and putting in the required effort?

I stayed today to clap the players and manager because they played well and appear to have turned a corner. If Hibs try their best and lose yeah i am gutted but i'll stay to support them just in case they can get back into the game. Hibs should/could have been pressurissing Rangers for the last ten and had the fans created an atmosphere in the last ten rather than choose to leave it might have given the players a lift and helped them a bit. I appreciate they don't need us to pressure Rangers but having the crowd behind you rather than heading for the exits would have surely helped!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It must be crap for the players to see all the fans leaving 20 minutes before the end.
    Unfortunately, the players don't seem to worry how crap they're performances are for us to see.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Under CC I left Easter Road on many occasions early, purely because the football was murder and felt towards the end that if enough fans left then pressure would get to Petrie.

However, today at about 65/70 minutes fans were streaming towards the exits. It must be crap for the players to see all the fans leaving 20 minutes before the end. Especially when we were actually playing a bit better, how are we supposed to make easter road a hard place to come if everybody leaves even when players ARE playing ok and putting in the required effort?

I stayed today to clap the players and manager because they played well and appear to have turned a corner. If Hibs try their best and lose yeah i am gutted but i'll stay to support them just in case they can get back into the game. Hibs should/could have been pressurissing Rangers for the last ten and had the fans created an atmosphere in the last ten rather than choose to leave it might have given the players a lift and helped them a bit. I appreciate they don't need us to pressure Rangers but having the crowd behind you rather than heading for the exits would have surely helped!!!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

I left early today (80 mins) for the first time in a long, long time but only because I had to get to the other side of towm for 3pm for work. IMHO, the players were well worth some applause at the end of the game and under normal circumstances I'd definitely have stayed back to do so.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I can understand pretty well. Seeing those hun jakeys jumping about singing all sorts of crap made me want to leave. I didn't but can understand those who did.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    I was tempted to switch the tv off after 15 minutes, but suffered all the way through. There was nothing else to do! Don't blame anyone leaving early having endured that performance.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Unfortunately, the players don't seem to worry how crap they're performances are for us to see.
    I'd like to bet they do bother. Don't think any attempt to play badly. Under the previous regime i think CC failed to organise and structure his teams at all, made an average team appear a lot worse than they actually are. This is what we saw today, the same team that CC had available but it was organised, structured and had a game plan.

If we all stayed and made a noise right til the end the players WOULD respond, i know i would rather play in front of fans that cheered as opposed to fans that left even if i had given my all. Must have been a nightmare to see all the fans going even if we were playing better.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    I was tempted to switch the tv off after 15 minutes, but suffered all the way through. There was nothing else to do! Don't blame anyone leaving early having endured that performance.
    What was wrong with 'that performance'? If you compare it to CC's tenure it almost appears like we have a different team. Did you expect Barcelona today?

Aye, matching the SPL champions for most of the match was well shoddy. Could I suggest you treat yourself to a dose of reality?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Bottom line is that after what we have seen this season, anyone who digs deep and pays to watch this p*sh is beyond criticism.

I wouldn't try to suggest that we were anything special today but for the majority of that match, we were certainly no worse than Rangers, a side that sits more than 30 points ahead of us.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Bottom line is that after what we have seen this season, anyone who digs deep and pays to watch this p*sh is beyond criticism.
    But its a different manager=clean slate? Yeah, its been garbage this season but what would it take to 'dig deep'? Do Hibs have to be playing world class football, beating all the teams in the league and free scoring from all parts of the pitch.

Big reality dose needed. I suspect we now have a manager who knows what he is doing, i am a Hibs supporter so i will give him my support. I must admit if you don't support a Hibs manager from the off based on what a previous manager has done then you should find yourself another team to support.

Yeah, was disappointing to see so many leave early.

Guess, if you pay to get in, and want to turn away and go at a time when the team and club need you ...... Its up to you - your choice.

I stayed.... Clapped the players off. That was my choice.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    But its a different manager=clean slate? Yeah, its been garbage this season but what would it take to 'dig deep'? Do Hibs have to be playing world class football, beating all the teams in the league and free scoring from all parts of the pitch. Big reality dose needed. I suspect we now have a manager who knows what he is doing, i am a Hibs supporter so i will give him my support. I must admit if you don't support a Hibs manager from the off based on what a previous manager has done then you should find yourself another team to support.
    Not really sure how to answer that given that you are putting forward personal speculation as fact??

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel

i was one of them to be honest but me and the wee man were freezing, couldnae feel our feet any more so had to call it a day, im sure loads of others were in the same boat

What was wrong with 'that performance'? If you compare it to CC's tenure it almost appears like we have a different team. Did you expect Barcelona today?
    It was awful, full stop. Anybody happy with that needs their heads tested. No, I didn't expect Barcelona today, nor do I at any time in the future. It was awful, I think anybody watching that today would agree. Whether or not it's an improvement or not I don't really care and not the point I'm making.

I do not blame the manager by the way, he can only work with the dross he has. He may be able to improve on today, good luck to him.

If that performance today irrelevant of who we played is acceptable to you, then fair play to you.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Aye, matching the SPL champions for most of the match was well shoddy. Could I suggest you treat yourself to a dose of reality?
    I don't give a **** who we played today. It was rank beyond belief. Won't get me or thousands of others flocking back, that's for sure.

I don't expect anything from Hibs now, so no dose of reality is needed thanks.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    The SPL champions are hardly a good outfit and this was probably one of there worst performances of the season so I wouldnt get carried away thinking we matched them. IMO, we improved slightly since Fenlon has come in but that could only muster a 2 nil defeat at the hands of poor SPL champions playing badly. FWIW I think we were too cautious today, the commentators hit the nail on the head at half time saying the first time we went forward as a unit today we created the best chance of the game and that was on 45 minutes. Make no mistake we still have a long long way to go and I think Fenlon can do it but not with being as cautious as that and with the players we have. The game was one of the most boring games I have watched in a while so I would say as far as performances go, this wasnt great.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    I wouldn't try to suggest that we were anything special today but for the majority of that match, we were certainly no worse than Rangers, a side that sits more than 30 points ahead of us.
    I agree, we were no worse than them for a large portion of the match. I don't give a damn where they sit in the league or how many points they are ahead. What you saw today was a team in blue that were chronic, possibly the worst I've ever seen of them, and us....a shambles. ( possibly better than before....what a sad indication).

Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    The SPL champions are hardly a good outfit and this was probably one of there worst performances of the season so I wouldnt get carried away thinking we matched them. IMO, we improved slightly since Fenlon has come in but that could only muster a 2 nil defeat at the hands of poor SPL champions playing badly. FWIW I think we were too cautious today, the commentators hit the nail on the head at half time saying the first time we went forward as a unit today we created the best chance of the game and that was on 45 minutes. Make no mistake we still have a long long way to go and I think Fenlon can do it but not with being as cautious as that and with the players we have. The game was one of the most boring games I have watched in a while so I would say as far as performances go, this wasnt great.
    Exactly right

Gamer IDs

It was awful, full stop. Anybody happy with that needs their heads tested. No, I didn't expect Barcelona today, nor do I at any time in the future. It was awful, I think anybody watching that today would agree. Whether or not it's an improvement or not I don't really care and not the point I'm making.

I do not blame the manager by the way, he can only work with the dross he has. He may be able to improve on today, good luck to him.

If that performance today irrelevant of who we played is acceptable to you, then fair play to you.
    Most people would accept that today was an improvement on what we have seen. NOT a great performance but certainly better. Thats why i am happy, if you don't like it i don't understand why you support Hibs. We are unlikely to ever have a consistently fantastic team so improvements/wins/good goals are what gives most Hibs fans pleasure. What would it take for you to be happy after a Hibs game?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I agree, we were no worse than them for a large portion of the match. I don't give a damn where they sit in the league or how many points they are ahead. What you saw today was a team in blue that were chronic, possibly the worst I've ever seen of them, and us....a shambles. ( possibly better than before....what a sad indication).
    You are of course entitled to your opinion however ****** it is, to say Hibs were a shambles today is not only ****** it is factually incorrect. A shambles would imlply that we had no organisation whatsoever when in reallity we looked a far better organised unit than we have been for a long time.

Most people would accept that today was an improvement on what we have seen. NOT a great performance but certainly better. Thats why i am happy, if you don't like it i don't understand why you support Hibs. We are unlikely to ever have a consistently fantastic team so improvements/wins/good goals are what gives most Hibs fans pleasure. What would it take for you to be happy after a Hibs game?
    To have won a game would be the icing on the cake. To have played well would be a bonus. To have fought and tried would be good too. Some attacking play with some shots on goal, preferably more that 2 a game. Perhaps I'm asking too much.

To be honest, I'm not really bothered any more

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    You are of course entitled to your opinion however ****** it is, to say Hibs were a shambles today is not only ****** it is factually incorrect. A shambles would imlply that we had no organisation whatsoever when in reallity we looked a far better organised unit than we have been for a long time.
    Shambles was indeed the wrong choice of word. We were awful though. I don't give a toss if it's an improvement on what has gone before, we are crap, end of story.

Hope Fenlon can turn things around, good luck to him

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    To have won a game would be the icing on the cake. To have played well would be a bonus. To have fought and tried would be good too. Some attacking play with some shots on goal, preferably more that 2 a game. Perhaps I'm asking too much.

I know how your feeling

I had been totally sickened by Calderwood's Hibs to the point where I didn't want to go anywhere near ER or even care when they were playing.

I've seen enough in the last game and a half that says to me we may have a manager that can organise a poor squad and hopefully get rid of the dross.

Nobody supports Hibs because we want to win all the time - I'm hopeful we've got a good 'un
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member
    It was an improvement but it was still lacking, as I said previously it was far too cautious against an average Rangers side which were playing badly. It was clear to see early on that O Connor up top on his own wasnt working and griffiths wasnt doing great on the wing. Even after it was apparent that rangers werent playing well I expected Hibs to go for it a bit and change to having 2 up top but it didnt happen, in fact nothing was really changed, shape wise, in the game. Fenlon is new to this side so he will still be trying things, I hope GOC up front on his own was a trial that he will see doesnt work and it wont be used again. Fenlon is still trying to get his message across to the players and he was going nuts a few times throughout the game because they obviously werent doing as they were told, like throwins which John Collins picked up on, where we should be throwing in to feet not heads. If I am being honest I was a bit let down by Fenlons first game in charge, no one really expected us to win therefore having a proper go at winning with a more attack minded shape would have been the ticket. Perhaps Fenlons gameplan was more attack minded but the players never carried that out on the pitch, either way I think fenlon will change things and we will see improvement that will please all in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    I know how your feeling

I had been totally sickened by Calderwood's Hibs to the point where I didn't want to go anywhere near ER or even care when they were playing.

I've seen enough in the last game and a half that says to me we may have a manager that can organise a poor squad and hopefully get rid of the dross.

Nobody supports Hibs because we want to win all the time - I'm hopeful we've got a good 'un
    I never saw the 45 minutes against Motherwell, so I can't really comment. But if today was an improvement on that then it couldn't have been that good :)

There are a lot of changes to be made and dross to clear out. At what cost I would hate to hazard a guess.

Fingers crossed he can turn the club around

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    I never saw the 45 minutes against Motherwell, so I can't really comment. But if today was an improvement on that then it couldn't have been that good :)

There are a lot of changes to be made and dross to clear out. At what cost I would hate to hazard a guess.

Fingers crossed he can turn the club around
    There's a lot of work to be done - I was trying to make the point that there has been a clear improvement in our organisation in the last 135 minutes of football under Fenlon.

Today as a spectacle was pretty poor however we did create the better chances IMO until Hart got involved - I enjoyed Motherwell as well till the fire put a premature end to the game.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I've seen enough already to be cautiously optimistic for the future. Fingers crossed.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Blog Entries

Sorry mate, but its stuff like this that really gets under my skin - A real Peter Griffin "grinds my gears" post.

You weren't there, so I can oinly assume the TV pictures were hugely unflattering - Hibs were much better to watch today - up until the goal we dominated the 2nd half, the effort on the pitch was absolutely clear for anyone to see - there was fight in the team and to say otherwise is just plainly wrong. There were much, much fewer individual errors, and was evident to me that the players are under instruction to keep hold of the ball and cut down long punts. The formation was much stronger, the centre halfs were excellent, Stevenson was superb, Wotherspoon had his best game in months and months. Miles from where I'd like us to be, but clearly, from todays game a better prospect awaits compared to what we've had. As for "boring" and "Rangers were the worst ever yada yada yada" did you ever consider that it was Hibs restricitng Rangers creating that caused you to think this? No? Easier by far just to have a pop at Hibs, the team you apparently support.

Finally, if you don't care, then frankly your post is just an example of you being a wind-up merchant who likes to bump their gums spouting keech.

If you dont care, dont post.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Is there anyone available to give boltonhibs a wee cuddle?