hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fletcher

Fletcher

Just scored against Utd and it says on the BBC website thats his 11th goal in his last 16 games for Wolves!!

Absolutely ludicrous he isn't involved for the national team. Had he not played for Scotland, I bet there would be talk of his involvement in the England squad. Bet he is kicking himself that he actually played for Scotland at one point!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    He should be in the Scotland Squad. But Harry Potter thinks Mackail-Smith is better than him.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Fletch is English-born too

Fletcher walked away from Scotland. Not the other way round. Harry Potter has stated he would welcome him back.

I couldn't care less if he plays for Scotland or not but definitely feel proud that he's a product of Hibs yoof.

If he keeps banging them in in the premiership, he'll give Scott Brown a run for his money as the best player we've produced in the last 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fletcher walked away from Scotland. Not the other way round. Harry Potter has stated he would welcome him back.
    He didn't walk away from Scotland. He asked not to be considered for one meaningless game. If Potter is that keen to have him back he can give him a call, as he did with Boyd, McCulloch, Macgregor and Ferguson or whoever (to be honest I can't rememeber the exact list of all the Rangers players he went grovelling to, and the exact circumstances).

The difference between Fletcher and Levein is that tuppeny-hapenny muppets like Levein are ten a penny. We could find another half dozen tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by SubiacoHibs View Post
    I couldn't care less if he plays for Scotland or not but definitely feel proud that he's a product of Hibs yoof.

If he keeps banging them in in the premiership, he'll give Scott Brown a run for his money as the best player we've produced in the last 30 years.
    IMO Fletch is already the best we have produced.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    IMO Fletch is already the best we have produced.
    Without a doubt. If Brown had the balls to move to the epl and performed once there then he may show he is as good as fletch. As long as he stays in glasgow he is limiting his opportunity to show how good he is.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    Without a doubt. If Brown had the balls to move to the epl and performed once there then he may show he is as good as fletch. As long as he stays in glasgow he is limiting his opportunity to show how good he is.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    100% correct

Wonder who will go for him if Wolves go down, would be good for Everton IMO.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Wonder who will go for him if Wolves go down, would be good for Everton IMO.
    Liverpool
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

I listened to an interview with Houston who explained that Fletcher took offense at not being picked for the Czech game. Contacted Levein via his agent to say ge no longer wanted to play fir Scotland. Boyd and McCulloch both refused to play for previous manager but then declared interest again when HP took over. MacGregor and Ferguson were both banned by Scotland but the length of ban was then changed after they apologised for being dicks.

Can't really blame HP in any of this. Fletcher has shown NO interest in coming back so why should we pick him?

IMHO

I reckon Newcastle and Liverpool will go for him.

Amazing run of form atm, delighted for him.

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    I listened to an interview with Houston who explained that Fletcher took offense at not being picked for the Czech game. Contacted Levein via his agent to say ge no longer wanted to play fir Scotland. Boyd and McCulloch both refused to play for previous manager but then declared interest again when HP took over. MacGregor and Ferguson were both banned by Scotland but the length of ban was then changed after they apologised for being dicks.

Can't really blame HP in any of this. Fletcher has shown NO interest in coming back so why should we pick him?

IMHO
    I think he was offended at not being picked and then Scotland not playing any strikers up front.. It was like HP was saying we don't have any capable strikers worthy of wearing the jersey -even more insulting than being put down the pecking order.. I've not forgiven HP for this tactical ineptness and lack of balls :-(
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

Does anyone know the record for most goals in a Premiership season by a Scottish player?

Can all the posters who used to argue with me about Fletcher and claim Benji was a better player please raise your hands?

The best player Hibs have produced in my 20 odd years of watching.

IMHO
    The job of a manager is to manage!

Not just non-manage.

Not just manage the good.

Not just manage the bad.

Not just manage the recalcitrant.

But to manage.

All his staff.

HP is woefully deficient!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Said on soccer Saturday he's only started 23 games due to injuries and he's scored 16 goals the guys on fire

Left by mutual consent!
    Fletch was always the best of the bunch in the eyes of John Park, even when Scotty, Thommo and Riordan was around.

It's showing now, the boy will make it to the very top. He hasn't progressed, in my opinion as much as he should have in the last couple of years but now he's back and he will move to bigger and better things than Christophe Berra and his twaty mates

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Does anyone know the record for most goals in a Premiership season by a Scottish player?
    Id imagine Kenny Dalgleish will have decent records..
    Last edited by Mikeystewart; 10-12-2011 at 06:07 PM.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar

IMHO
    What the hell are you on ? It was hp that caused this by keeping fletch in the stand in the infamous 4 6 0 game , hp should be man enough to admit his mistake and pick fletch for our next game, then we get our best striker back .

ggtth
    Last edited by erin go bragh; 10-12-2011 at 06:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeystewart View Post
    Dennis law or Andy Gray i would guess .

ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Can all the posters who used to argue with me about Fletcher and claim Benji was a better player please raise your hands?The best player Hibs have produced in my 20 odd years of watching.
    I asked the same question recently...Theyve all disappeared, or maybe stopped posting. I liked Benji too though :
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 10-12-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeystewart View Post
    The Premiership only began in 1992, Dalglish retired in 1990.

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Dennis law or Andy Gray i would guess .

ggtth

None of those the played in the "Premiership".

Law was an out and out Striker and probably scored more in a season than Dalglish would have achieved but I'm sure Kenny would have still broke 20.

Andy Gray was and is an arse, IMO.
    Last edited by WindyMiller; 10-12-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SubiacoHibs View Post

I think he already is the best of the golden generation - the only one who has gone on to cut it in the English Premiership. Broonie might have been great but he chose Celtc instead.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Good quiz question - which scot has scored the most goals in the Premiership, so since 1992 not before?

Have to admit Fletcher has proved me wrong, never thought he would make it in the EPL but think he can quite rightly claim he has.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    The highest scoring scot in the EPL is one Duncan Ferguson with 70 goals. Not sure how many he got in one season though.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Duncan Ferguson?

So I was right! Beat my post by a millisecond.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 10-12-2011 at 06:54 PM.