Quote Originally Posted by JCHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The man is a fud of the highest order!!
    Totally agree

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    He is indeed. What's his most recent fuddery?

My heart bleeds for him. Didn't make any attempt to hide the fact that he didn't want to be there but what he was forgetting was that he didn't have to pay to see what was on offer and he was getting overpaid for talking pash.

Trumpet.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Complete arse. Seemed to take any chance he could to speak negatively about Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Complete arse. Seemed to take any chance he could to speak negatively about Hibs
    I think he even slagged the tea and pies.

He's not someone you would want to be with when he is opening his Christmas presents.

Testimonial Due
    hard to argue with anything he said although i tend not to get too worked up about commentators.....

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post
    hard to argue with anything he said although i tend not to get too worked up about commentators.....
    Everything he said about Hibs today was correct, maybe it's a case for some that the truth really does hurt. I wouldn't shoot the messenger lads.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Are you guys kidding? The man is an arse of the highest order and never fails to show an extreme dislike for the true greens. That Hatelys a fud on the same level!

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    Are you guys kidding? The man is an arse of the highest order and never fails to show an extreme dislike for the true greens. That Hatelys a fud on the same level!
    A few seasons ago he was very pro hibs.

What did he say today about hibs that wasn't true?

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    Everything he said about Hibs today was correct, maybe it's a case for some that the truth really does hurt. I wouldn't shoot the messenger lads.
    Very true. It might not be what we want to here, doesnae make him wrong though.

A few seasons ago he was very pro hibs.

What did he say today about hibs that wasn't true?

He was always praising us, it was him that used to bang on about being the best "football" team in Scotland.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Sarcastically throwing into the commentary 'oh what a nice stand Hibs have' got a bit boring the 10th time he said it.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Left by mutual consent!
    Any info on why he's an erse on what he said for the people that went to the match today? (not saying anything about people that never went)

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    Sarcastically throwing into the commentary 'oh what a nice stand Hibs have' got a bit boring the 10th time he said it.

Its only the same thing as quite a few of the club fans have said themselves!!

Coaching Staff
    Moray, you are getting too tolerant in your old age = please let me know what medication you are taking so I can order some.

The man's'"commentary'' if that is what it was - was so negative, and as someone pointd out a bit boring by the 43 rd time he had sarcastically mentioned 'nice stadium though'as he even did at the end of the game, that he had me searching for a twenty pence piece to feed inbto the gas meter, just so I could end it all there and now, and be bereft of any more suffering.

HIbs, Edinburgh, the cold, the blankets Rangers's subs used to keep themselves warm, you name it, he didin't like a bar of it.

Near the end I was waiting on him doing a character assassination of Santa Claus, but he was probably tired by this time and seemed more concentrated on Easter Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Kammy1875 View Post
    Any info on why he's an erse on what he said for the people that went to the match today? (not saying anything about people that never went)
    He said that he didn't understand why anybody in their right mind would turn out on a freezing day to watch the garbage on offer. He then went on to say that the clever ones stayed at home in their warm lounge and watched it either on their 50" plasma telly or via a dodgy internet link. He didn't say that but he kept mentioning the nice stand and the fact that we haven't filled Easter Road since the new stand was built. He also thought he was a comedian advising Pat Fenlon not to buy a house in Edinburgh but to rent instead. Surprised he didn't have an sir rifle to shoot them pesky seagulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Moray, you are getting too tolerant in your old age = please let me know what medication you are taking so I can order some.

The man's'"commentary'' if that is what it was - was so negative, and as someone pointd out a bit boring by the 43 rd time he had sarcastically mentioned 'nice stadium though'as he even did at the end of the game, that he had me searching for a twenty pence piece to feed inbto the gas meter, just so I could end it all there and now, and be bereft of any more suffering.

HIbs, Edinburgh, the cold, the blankets Rangers's subs used to keep themselves warm, you name it, he didin't like a bar of it.

Near the end I was waiting on him doing a character assassination of Santa Claus, but he was probably tired by this time and seemed more concentrated on Easter Road.
    They were pretty negative in the studio as well & guess what, Rangers are very poor & Hibs are bereft of any sort of quality & Scottish football is dire.

At half-time the two others in the studio mentioned that JC spent the whole first half frustrated by Hibs players unable to do basic things during a match, JC himself said that our performance at throw ins was so poor he would have been disappointed if a team of fourteen year olds were that naive.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Bad commentary is something I can normally ignore but he was really grating today. Not just becuase he was being so dismissave of hibs (aye some of it was true but it didnt need to be said repeatedly) but also because this was being shown as an advert for scottish football throughout the UK. Aye the standard wasnt great but by banging on about it all you are doing is highlighting the issue and guarenteeing neutrals are going to turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    They were pretty negative in the studio as well & guess what, Rangers are very poor & Hibs are bereft of any sort of quality & Scottish football is dire.

At half-time the two others in the studio mentioned that JC spent the whole first half frustrated by Hibs players unable to do basic things during a match, JC himself said that our performance at throw ins was so poor he would have been disappointed if a team of fourteen year olds were that naive.
    An issue he failed to sort out himself when he was here.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Bad commentary is something I can normally ignore but he was really grating today. Not just becuase he was being so dismissave of hibs (aye some of it was true but it didnt need to be said repeatedly) but also because this was being shown as an advert for scottish football throughout the UK. Aye the standard wasnt great but by banging on about it all you are doing is highlighting the issue and guarenteeing neutrals are going to turn off.

I hate any commentator that feels the need to state the blatantly obvious over and over again like a broken record.

He was telling us how bad we were, as if it was breaking news.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Craig Burley goes into the same category as Scott Booth and the enigma that is Alan McInally, in that they miss the point of what a commentator does and that is to play second fiddle to the game itself. The older fans will remember Sir Arthur of Montford, Archie McSportsjacket and the late David Francie who helped the game along and made it more entertaining. Burley is a self important twat. Anyone that signs for Dundee for £25k a week, but never actually gets paid from the get go, isn't the full ticket.

Sounds like burley is.bitter about the.way his son in law, left the club?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I thought the stuff he was a saying about refs was out of order as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post

I never heard the half time chat, but Collins was 100% correct. What on earth is going on at throw ins?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    Sounds like burley is.bitter about the.way his son in law, left the club?
    I think you've got the wrong Burley

If I'm honest, I found myself agreeing with a lot of what Burley said today.

I was impressed with him saying that Aluko dived and whether or not you agree with the length of ban, Rangers shouldn't be trying to make out that he didn't.

There's been so, so many people on this board accusing our board of focussing too much on off the park stuff instead of investing in our playing staff. I've no problem with Burley coming out and agreeing with it.

I think we'd all agree that Hibs are a soft touch compared to previous years and that Easter Road doesn't hold any fears for visiting sides. He was pointing that out. He wasn't having a go at us.

The incident when the Rangers player had a foul called against him was a joke. The guy (Whittaker I think) clearly got the ball. I'm glad the foul was called but Burley was right to say that it was a very poor decision. As for him saying that the referees get sensitive when they're called to task, well he's right again. The standard of refereeing in Scotland has, with few exceptions, been a joke for years.

I'm not saying I like the guy or that he doesn't try to court controversy or that even sometimes he's a cheeky sod, but today I couldn't disagree with most of the things he said.

He's very low grade, even if he does say one or two things that are correct.

Makes ESPN seem as amateur as the product on the pitch.

Sky are generally a bit better but it's Burley that really brings ESPN down

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    I have to agree that he likes to repeat himself. Obviously I don't really see too many games these days but I have never forgotten him going on and on and on and on and on about a penalty claim for Aberdeen v Hibs at Pittodrie about 4 years ago. They must've replayed it about 5 times and he just insisted on banging on about for about the next 20 minutes!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    The man is indeed a prick and his summarizing was razor blade cut the gonads of bad. However it could have been worse. Imagine BoltonHibee doing it