Lewis Stevenson

He was MOTM for me today. He done well
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was MOTM for me today. He done well
    Done well but we need better players in that position if we are to improve.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlest Hobo View Post
    Id disagree with that, if Stevenson is capable of that sort of thing regularly then why would you look to replace him? Obviously the problem has been that he has been so inconsistant in the last few years but he dominated the midfield, won everything and distributed the ball well, what else would you look for in a player in that position?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    Id disagree with that, if Stevenson is capable of that sort of thing regularly then why would you look to replace him? Obviously the problem has been that he has been so inconsistant in the last few years but he dominated the midfield, won everything and distributed the ball well, what else would you look for in a player in that position?
    I agree with this. I have generally been of the opinion that Lewis isn't good enough to play for Hibs, at least not as a starter. However, he was immense today, IMHO, and if he was doing that week in/week out then he'd definitely be worth his starting jersey.

My biggest argument against Lewis is when you try to count how many games he's had where you think he's won his midfield battle. Well, today he controlled the area he was meant to and was one of the big plusses from today (along with Wotherspoon, to whom the exact same applies), and Osbourne.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I'd tend to agree with you on both points.

He was very good today, stood out in midfield, competed well throughout and was probably our best player.

However his performances over a sustained period of time suggest to me that, looking long term, we need better midfielders than Lewis Stevenson if we're going to be where we want to be.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    There is no argument imo, if Stevenson plays like that each week, he's one of the first names on the team sheet.

Left by mutual consent!

I respect your opinion but Lewis isn't good enough for me. Yes he done well today but I really hope RP and PF are looking to bring in better quality than Lewis Stevenson.

If their going to keep deluding themselves that the players we havein the squad at the moment are anywhere near good enough then I'm afraid the empty seats in all three home stands we saw today will remain empty.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's the same with our young talented players like Hanlon and Wotherspoon, both need a seat on the bench as far as I'm concerned.

@hibs.net private member
    Thought Stevenson was very good today, thing about him is, even when he was playing badly he still tried hard and always looked for the ball. Same could be said for wotherspoon today, thought he was decent today and another player that isnt shy about trying to get on the ball. IMO, Hibs are needing players that are willing to get on the ball and not hide when the chips are down. If Hibs were to get a more creative midfielder in there I think it would make a big difference.

Gamer IDs

I respect your opinion but Lewis isn't good enough for me. Yes he done well today but I really hope RP and PF are looking to bring in better quality than Lewis Stevenson.

If their going to keep deluding themselves that the players we havein the squad at the moment are anywhere near good enough then I'm afraid the empty seats in all three home stands we saw today will remain empty.
    Over the last few years Id tend to agree with you, he hasnt performed and was surprised he was kept on. But if he can find a role that really suits him, and allows him to perform, then dont see why we would look elsewhere? Is he not only on a years contract anyway? If so, if he doesnt establish himself then Im sure he will move on.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    It's the same with our young talented players like Hanlon and Wotherspoon, both need a seat on the bench as far as I'm concerned.
    I would question whether Wotherspoon is talented at all. He is more of a weak link in midfield than Stevenson.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Lewis deserves credit for his performance today he played very well. His best performance in years.

Left by mutual consent!
    Over the last few years Id tend to agree with you, he hasnt performed and was surprised he was kept on. But if he can find a role that really suits him, and allows him to perform, then dont see why we would look elsewhere? Is he not only on a years contract anyway? If so, if he doesnt establish himself then Im sure he will move on.

Speaking to someone that knows Lewis, apparently nobody was more surprised to be given an extension than Lewis himself. He's always one to give 100% I'll give him that, I would just like to see us go for a much more acomplished all round player who can create and play a bit.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

Woof woof woof woof

Lewis and Ozzie outplayed Davis and Edu in the middle IMO.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lewis is a fantastic player. Chuffed to seem him have a solid start under Fenlon

First Team Breakthrough Duffys13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Lewis and Ozzie outplayed Davis and Edu in the middle IMO.
    Yip, our two best players today. O'Hanlon was good in defence today too

Gamer IDs

Speaking to someone that knows Lewis, apparently nobody was more surprised to be given an extension than Lewis himself. He's always one to give 100% I'll give him that, I would just like to see us go for a much more acomplished all round player who can create and play a bit.
    Yeah but his role is clearly to break up play, control the midfield and start things off with simple passes. Every time Ive seen Stevenson play in recent games, despite how well he performed, he always shows alot more discipline than the rest of the midfield and is prepared to sit and attempt to protect the back 4. Thats what we desperately need, and he did a great job of it today. Creativity can come from other players, you cant have every player being attack minded, a defensive midfielder would give a much better balance to the team.

MOM By a distance today. Would agree that we perhaps need better than Lewis in the long run if we are to improve.

But the wee man never gives less than 100% in every game and I wish everybody who pulled on a Hibs shirt had his attitude.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    MOM By a distance today. Would agree that we perhaps need better than Lewis in the long run if we are to improve.

But the wee man never gives less than 100% in every game and I wish everybody who pulled on a Hibs shirt had his attitude.
    He just needs to do it consistently then we don't need to replace him. That was the league leaders he was up against today, last season's champions, and between Lewis, Wotherspoon, and Osbourne, they owned the midfield. If he's capable of doing it against Rangers, he should do it against anyone else.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

In the past peoplenhave gone well OTT over some of Lewis's performance but today he deserves a lot of praise for giving a performance of real quality. Not just a couple of wee bits of skill or crazy tackles to get everyone excited but a polished display featuring some great ball winning.

As for the future- forget the past. What is important is that we get them from him every week. If we do he stays, if not he's on a sticky wicket. He was lucky to get the extension but that doesn't mean he can't take advantage.

Lewis

Lewis played a blinder today and i was surprised he did not get the MOM award as he deserved it today.

It upsets me to see that with the plaudits he is still being scorned.

Can we not just have a post that is positive about a Hibs player without the usual negativity?

Lewis may not be a brilliant player but he gives his all and a little more. Those wee legs worked hard for him today winning many tackles in midfield. He finished the game exhausted and had put in a good shift.

Lets give him the boost he so badly needs and let him see that you are pleased for him that he had a good game.

For so long the negativity has rained down on the team a few days of encouragement may make a difference no
    matter how small.

Well done Lewis keep it going!

Lets hope he can keep it up!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Stuff all the negative rubbish about Stevenson not being good enough, he was MOM by a mile today and had a solid half against Motherwell. Fenlon will be well impressed by what he has seen from Lewis. Sproule will be more at risk from the new manager than Stevenson IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    He was outstanding today. His best game since the cup final. Spoony and Ozzy played well also. Shame about the front 3 though.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    Lewis played a blinder today and i was surprised he did not get the MOM award as he deserved it today.

Can we not just have a post that is positive about a Hibs player without the usual negativity?

Lewis may not be a brilliant player but he gives his all and a little more. Those wee legs worked hard for him today winning many tackles in midfield. He finished the game exhausted and had put in a good shift.

Lets give him the boost he so badly needs and let him see that you are pleased for him that he had a good game.

For so long the negativity has rained down on the team a few days of encouragement may make a difference no
    matter how small.

Wot he said!

I was very impressed with Stevenson today. He gave everything that you would want from a midfielder. Good passing, strong in the tackle, always showed for the ball and tried to get things ticking. MOM by some distance. Here's hoping he can produce more performances like this in weeks to come... If he does he'll finally be living up to the promise he once showed some years ago when he first broke onto the scene.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Best player on the pitch today

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post
    Wot he said!

He's a she but I agree with her too

Lewis cannae win. If he plays well like he did today loads of folk go 'aye he was good but .....' If he plays badly he gets ripped. Gie the laddie a break
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post

matter how small.