hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox

Signs of improvement + match ratings.

Not saying that were brilliant today but definately some signs of improvement. Wotherspoon, Osbourne, Stevenson and Hanlon all having decent games.
    Stack didn't have much to do but he couldn't do anything about the goals.
    Griffiths should've scored just before halftime which could've changed the outcome.
    All in all not amazing but no awful either.

Ratings :

Stack (6) Didn't have loads to do but did what he needed to well, couldn't do anything about the goals.

Hart (0.01) No typing error there unfortunately, one of the worst performances I've ever seen from any player.
    O'Hanlon (6) Again, didn't have much to do but cannot jump without fouling a player.
    Stephens (6) Not much to fault, decent game.
    Hanlon (7) Thought he had a good game today, one of the better Hibs players today. Defended well.

Griffiths (6) Big chance just before halfime that he should've finished. Put himself about but nothing special.
    Osbourne (7) Put in a great shift. Worked hard and won majority of tackles.
    Stevenson (7) Thought his time was up a couple of months back but proved today he could still be valuable to Pat Fenlon.
    Sproule (5) Good ball in for the Griffiths chance but didn't have a good game and wasn't willing to take on the defence.
    Wotherspoon (7) Good game and put in a good shift. Another decent Hibs performance.

O'Connor (5) Put in a decent shift but first touch, passing and finishing was all very poor.

SUBS :

Galbraith (5) Not much time to do anything but at least attacked the defence.
    Sodje (3) No time.
    Caldwell (3) Again, no time.

REF :

(7) Got the pen decision right had a decent game to be honest.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Stack - 6
    Hart - 1
    Stephens - 7
    O'hanlon - 7
    Hanlon -7
    Griffiths - 4
    Osbourne - 8
    Stevenson - 8
    Sproule - 6
    Weatherspoon - 7
    O'connor - 6

Stack 4
    Hart 2
    O'hanlon 5
    Stephens 5
    Hanlon 4
    Griffiths 3
    Wotherspoon 2
    Stevenson 6
    Obourne 6
    Sproule 4
    O'connor 4

Total clearout required Mr. Fenlon.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Stack 6

Hart 3
    O'Hanlon 4
    Stephens 5
    Hanlon 5

Sproule- 4
    Stevenson 8
    Osbourne 6+
    Griffiths 4
    Wotherspoon 4

O'Connor 5

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    No player ratings from me, but the most noticeable point IMO was the sitting roles that wee lewis and spoony played. Thought that gave us the basis of a decent shape and if Fenlon can see that in two weeks and can build on ideas that work rather than folded arms and hoping, then I am encouraged.

Stack 5

Hart 3
    O'Hanlon 4
    Stephens 4
    Hanlon 4

Sproule 4
    Stevenson 6
    Osbourne 5
    Griffiths 4
    Wotherspoon 4

O'Connor 4

The fact that some are talking about that performance being an improvement just shows how far we've fallen. They need to stop playing one upfront too.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Guys missed the game on tv today due to work commitments. Sounds like I didn't miss much however : .... Living down here its hard to make a judgement, from those that have seen us numerous times this season is it fair to say we should have enough to stay up? Or is there a real chance do you think this year we could go down? I suppose there's still a while to go but with the teams below us looking like they are going to pick up points its not looking great...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stack 4
    Hart 2
    O'hanlon 5
    Stephens 5
    Hanlon 4
    Griffiths 3
    Wotherspoon 2

Stevenson 6
    Obourne 6
    Sproule 4
    O'connor 4

Total clearout required Mr. Fenlon.
    First post lads, but cant agree with this post! How can you rate Wotherspoon a 2? were you at the game? He might have not set the heather a light but he worked hard and made some decent passes, looked up for it and had much more energy than the Wotherspoon of a few weeks back. Stevenson was very good, best performance in years for him for me! Stack had nothing to do, I dont think he can be blamed for the second goal, hart lost his man (although why was he marking Jelavic in the first place)

And Griffiths, nothing went right for him today but you cant argue that he worked tremendously hard.

My ratings:

Stack- 6
    Hart- 1
    O'Hanlon- 7
    Stephens- 7
    Hanlon- 6
    Wotherspoon- 6
    Osbourne- 6
    Stevenson- 8
    Sproule- 5
    O'Connor- 5
    Griffiths- 6

I think we need to remember that as bad as this Rangers team is, they are still top of the league and we are in a relegation dogfight.

That was a much improved performance on most of the dross we have seen this season, the most pleasing thing for me was the fight the team showed and we would not have lost that game if it wasn't for Hart gifting Rangers the points.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Quote Originally Posted by 500 miles View Post
    Not saying that were brilliant today but definately some signs of improvement. Wotherspoon, Osbourne, Stevenson and Hanlon all having decent games.
    Griffiths should've scored just before halftime which could've changed the outcome.

Ratings :

Stack (6) Didn't have loads to do but did what he needed to well, couldn't do anything about the goals.

Hart (0.01) No typing error there unfortunately, one of the worst performances I've ever seen from any player.
    O'Hanlon (6) Again, didn't have much to do but cannot jump without fouling a player.
    Hanlon (7) Thought he had a good game today, one of the better Hibs players today. Defended well.

Griffiths (6) Big chance just before halfime that he should've finished. Put himself about but nothing special.
    Stevenson (7) Thought his time was up a couple of months back but proved today he could still be valuable to Pat Fenlon.
    Sproule (5) Good ball in for the Griffiths chance but didn't have a good game and wasn't willing to take on the defence.
    Wotherspoon (7) Good game and put in a good shift. Another decent Hibs performance.

O'Connor (5) Put in a decent shift but first touch, passing and finishing was all very poor.

SUBS :

Sodje (3) No time.

REF :

mostly agree apart from the 2nd goal, either stacks ball or one of our big CHs should have had their CF wrapped up.neither fill me with confidence & all 3 would get a 5 max.

Quote Originally Posted by 500 miles View Post

Ratings :

SUBS :

Sodje (3) No time.

REF :

Oh yes he could. The second goal was from about 2 yards out while he was rooted to his line. He should have done much better there.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Stack 5

Hart 3
    O'Hanlon 4
    Stephens 4
    Hanlon 4

Sproule 4
    Stevenson 6
    Osbourne 5
    Griffiths 4
    Wotherspoon 4

O'Connor 4

The fact that some are talking about that performance being an improvement just shows how far we've fallen. They need to stop playing one upfront too.
    Agree with the 1 up front. And your right it does show that, but we need to remember that we are mince as a team and need a complete turnaround. Today though, there was a marked improvement in effort from the team as a whole, and if it wasnt for Hart we would have probably held one of the Old firm at home which considering how bad we have been of late, would have been a great result.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    No player ratings from me, but the most noticeable point IMO was the sitting roles that wee lewis and spoony played. Thought that gave us the basis of a decent shape and if Fenlon can see that in two weeks and can build on ideas that work rather than folded arms and hoping, then I am encouraged.
    Stevenson and Wotherspoon both played well today, and were a big part in why Rangers didn't really manage to create anything against us. Osbourne looked very comfortable in the role he had as well, and I think the three of them definitely had the better of the Rangers midfield today.

Of course, the scoreline doesn't reflect that, but any good work done by the midfield was tossed away by a moment of utter, utter stupidity from Hart when he conceded the penalty.

Ratings from me:

Stack - 6 - couldn't do anything about the goals and gets a kind of default rating as he could have watched most of the game from the stand, as he had so little to do.
    Hart - minus infinity. Sold the pies. In fact, would have been better selling pies. Cost us the game with the penalty after doing his best to do it twice in the first half with slack play around our box. Sure he had some good moments in the game somewhere, however he is the single biggest reason we're talking about a defeat and not at least a draw.
    O'Hanlon - 8 Coped well with Jellywitch and protected Stack well. Thought 8 was maybe too high a score, but I'm struggling to think of anything he did that would bring his score down.
    Stephens - 8 See O'Hanlon. There's a good player there.
    Hanlon - 7 Defended well for the most part, and should have scored from the header when we went 0-1 down. Would like to see a bit more from him going forward but I thought he played relatively well today.

Sproule - 6 Had one chance to take the ball in one on one with McGregor in the first half after a great pass from Osbourne, but cut back for some reason. Didn't have a bad game but never really got going.
    Wotherspoon - 8 Was playing very well until he was moved to right back. He and Stevenson linked well and closed down effectively. That's probably the best game I've seen him play, to be honest.
    Stevenson - 9 Terrific game from Lewis. I generally am of the opinion that he's not good enough for Hibs, however if he plays like that every week he'd be about the first name on the team sheet (unless I was starting writing from the goalkeeper, of course.)
    Osbourne - 8 I think he's the best player at the club at the moment by a distance. Occassionally mis-places a pass here and there, but is the only player showing that he can play a defence splitting pass as he did for Sproule in the first half. Excellent close control and covers a lot of ground.
    Griffiths - 5 Needs to know when to pass and when to take folk on, had a great chance to score in the first half and really should have done a lot better than he did. For someone that has a reputation as being pacey, I'm yet to see him really get by anyone. Did make a good GIRFUY gesture in the first half so deserves some recognition for that.
    O'Connor - 5 Got hee-haw protection from the ref, and ran about a lot. Was notable for making tackles on Hibs players at least twice in the game.

Not going to rate the subs as I had to leave shortly after Galbraith came on (working at the other side of town at 3 so had to get a jump on the traffic!)

Some real positives to take from the game, obviously the huns will have left as the happier fans, but I thought we were the better team this afternoon.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Stack wasnt at fault for the second goal???, he should wear a cloak and probably cant see his reflection hes that scared of crosses, its only 2 yards at least make a bloody attempt for it.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Stack 5

Hart 4
    O'Hanlon 4
    Stephens 4
    Hanlon 4

Sproule 4
    Stevenson 7
    Osbourne 6
    Griffiths 4
    Wotherspoon 5

O'Connor 3
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Stack seems to have cost us a lot of goals this season by simply watching crosses float past him on the edge of the six yard box. Punt.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    Stack seems to have cost us a lot of goals this season by simply watching crosses float past him on the edge of the six yard box. Punt.
    I'd be surprised if there is a goalkeeper in the SPL that would have come for that corner today. The fault lies with whoever was supposed to be picking up Jellywitch IMHO. He should never have had a free header.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'd be surprised if there is a goalkeeper in the SPL that would have come for that corner today. The fault lies with whoever was supposed to be picking up Jellywitch IMHO. He should never have had a free header.
    Oh absolutely, it just seemed to sit in the air so long he could have tried to get a fist on it.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    I really dont get how people are only giving stephens and o'hanlon 4's when pretty much nothing got past them all day

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    I really dont get how people are only giving stephens and o'hanlon 4's when pretty much nothing got past them all day
    I think it's habit!

Needless to say, I agree with you - both played well today, though I suppose there is the question of who should have been marking the Rangers player that scored at their corner.

Hart loses Jelavic and isn't even facing the play when the header goes in. What the fugg was Yogi thinking about signing that yin???

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Hart loses Jelavic and isn't even facing the play when the header goes in. What the fugg was Yogi thinking about signing that yin???
    I thought at the time Hart should have been picking him up, as Stevenson (IIRC) had a right go at Hart when the header went in, as if to say 'he was your man'.

I didn't want to just assume that to be the case given that Hart's already cost us the game by giving away the penalty, I thought I'd maybe just villainised him in my head, and aportioned blame because I was in a mood with him anyway!

Given that you've now confirmed what I thought, I'd like to deduct a further 10 points from the rating I gave to Hart in my ratings post.

I thought at the time Hart should have been picking him up, as Stevenson (IIRC) had a right go at Hart when the header went in, as if to say 'he was your man'.

I didn't want to just assume that to be the case given that Hart's already cost us the game by giving away the penalty, I thought I'd maybe just villainised him in my head, and aportioned blame because I was in a mood with him anyway!

Given that you've now confirmed what I thought, I'd like to deduct a further 10 points from the rating I gave to Hart in my ratings post.
    Hart is pish. Never fit to wear the jersey!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Hart is pish. Never fit to wear the jersey!
    Probably the most accurate thing you've ever posted on here.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Stack 6
    Hart -10000239
    Hanlon 4
    O'Hanlon 6
    Stephens 7
    Griffiths 5
    Osbourne 7.5
    Wotherspoon 7
    Stevenson 8
    Sroule 5
    O'Conner 4

Stack 6
    Hart 2 Why o why? Please go!
    OHanlon 6
    Stephens 6
    Hanlon 6
    Griffiths 6 Not EPL standard
    Osbourne 7
    Stevenson 8 MOM
    Sproule 4 Please go!
    Wotherspoon 5 Sold himself twice by jumping in when moved to RB
    O'Connor 7

SUBS :
    Galbraith 5 If anything should be starting ahead of Ivan

Rangers were there for the taking

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Stevenson and Wotherspoon both played well today, and were a big part in why Rangers didn't really manage to create anything against us. Osbourne looked very comfortable in the role he had as well, and I think the three of them definitely had the better of the Rangers midfield today.

Of course, the scoreline doesn't reflect that, but any good work done by the midfield was tossed away by a moment of utter, utter stupidity from Hart when he conceded the penalty.

Ratings from me:

Stack - 6 - couldn't do anything about the goals and gets a kind of default rating as he could have watched most of the game from the stand, as he had so little to do.
    Hart - minus infinity. Sold the pies. In fact, would have been better selling pies. Cost us the game with the penalty after doing his best to do it twice in the first half with slack play around our box. Sure he had some good moments in the game somewhere, however he is the single biggest reason we're talking about a defeat and not at least a draw.
    O'Hanlon - 8 Coped well with Jellywitch and protected Stack well. Thought 8 was maybe too high a score, but I'm struggling to think of anything he did that would bring his score down.
    Stephens - 8 See O'Hanlon. There's a good player there.
    Hanlon - 7 Defended well for the most part, and should have scored from the header when we went 0-1 down. Would like to see a bit more from him going forward but I thought he played relatively well today.

Sproule - 6 Had one chance to take the ball in one on one with McGregor in the first half after a great pass from Osbourne, but cut back for some reason. Didn't have a bad game but never really got going.
    Wotherspoon - 8 Was playing very well until he was moved to right back. He and Stevenson linked well and closed down effectively. That's probably the best game I've seen him play, to be honest.
    Stevenson - 9 Terrific game from Lewis. I generally am of the opinion that he's not good enough for Hibs, however if he plays like that every week he'd be about the first name on the team sheet (unless I was starting writing from the goalkeeper, of course.)
    Osbourne - 8 I think he's the best player at the club at the moment by a distance. Occassionally mis-places a pass here and there, but is the only player showing that he can play a defence splitting pass as he did for Sproule in the first half. Excellent close control and covers a lot of ground.
    Griffiths - 5 Needs to know when to pass and when to take folk on, had a great chance to score in the first half and really should have done a lot better than he did. For someone that has a reputation as being pacey, I'm yet to see him really get by anyone. Did make a good GIRFUY gesture in the first half so deserves some recognition for that.
    O'Connor - 5 Got hee-haw protection from the ref, and ran about a lot. Was notable for making tackles on Hibs players at least twice in the game.

Not going to rate the subs as I had to leave shortly after Galbraith came on (working at the other side of town at 3 so had to get a jump on the traffic!)

Some real positives to take from the game, obviously the huns will have left as the happier fans, but I thought we were the better team this afternoon.
    Pretty much agree with all those ratings apart from maybe Lewis & Ozzy.

I think you can make a case for either of them as our best player today.

For me Lewis is so frustrating in that we all know he's capable of displays like that - unfortunately we rarely see them.

Hopefully given that he was hooked right after their second, PF now knows why Hart should be nowhere near any Hibs team.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Pretty much agree with all those ratings apart from maybe Lewis & Ozzy.

I think you can make a case for either of them as our best player today.

For me Lewis is so frustrating in that we all know he's capable of displays like that - unfortunately we rarely see them.

Hopefully given that he was hooked right after their second, PF now knows why Hart should be nowhere near any Hibs team.
    Agree with you - I thought Lewis just shaded it for MOTM, but like you say it could just have easily been given to Ozzy. Think I was just that happy to see Lewis have a game like that, that I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Stevenson was my Motm today closely followed by Ozzy. Tenacious in the tackle and led by example. PF gave Ozzy bit of a more forward role today.

Need CH to replace OHanlon and for me another CF. priority though must be a RB.

Very poor Hun team IMHO and TBH we beat ourselves today.

Stevenson showing but more like the prayer we saw a number of years ago!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Stevenson was my Motm today closely followed by Ozzy. Tenacious in the tackle and led by example. PF gave Ozzy bit of a more forward role today.

Need CH to replace OHanlon and for me another CF. priority though must be a RB.

Very poor Hun team IMHO and TBH we beat ourselves today.

Stevenson showing but more like the prayer we saw a number of years ago!
    I think the O'Hanlon/Stephens pairing is looking solid enough, so I don't think there's a huge need to replace O'Hanlon. IMHO, it took him a long time to adjust to the SPL, but for me he seems to have found his feet at this level and is doing well enough. I agree about the right back, though - has to be a priority which is a real shame considering we brought Towell in through the summer to play there.

Stack .............. 5
    Hart ............... 1
    O'Hanlon ......... 6
    Stephens ..........6
    Hanlon .............6
    Osbourne .........7
    Stevenson ........8
    Wotherspoon ... 7
    Sproule ............5
    Griffiths .......... 5
    O'Connor ......... 3

Fenlon ..... 7

Stack perhaps could have done better at the 2nd goal. Hart wants shooting for the pen and poor position at 2nd goal. O'Hanlon, Stephens and Hanlon were pretty solid. Ozzy and Spooney were not bad at all, Stevenson had his best game for at least 2 years. Ivan was OK and did some good defensive work in the first half. Griffiths worked hard, but what a chance he missed. Apart from Hart the biggest disappointment for me was G O'C who's first touch, passing and decision making were poor all day.

Pat Fenlon certainly had them well set up and I thought we competed really well. I do think we gave an average Current bun team too much respect and possession at times and feel we should have pressed them higher up the park. Perhaps shows that Pat ( like Calderwood ) is aware of our lack of pace at the back and is afraid to leave too much room between the defence and the keeper.

A definate improvement on recent times, lets hope it keeps going.