hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Harpandcastle's Avatar

Naismith would be part of team GB

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16100630.stm

Was always going to be some hundog interested I suppose. Hopefully reminded by supporters this is not a popular opinion. Never liked the little tart, would make watching Scotland all the easier if the is the end of his international career.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Welcome to team GB Stevie boy

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    His Scotland Career should be finished. Prick

He can GTF!
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Why would it be the end of his international career?

I understand the SFA's objections and those of the associations in Wales and Northern Ireland, though I don't agree personally that fielding a British team at the Olympics will affect the future existence of the four home nations within FIFA one way or another.

However, I think players should be left to decide for themselves whether they want to be considered or not, bearing in mind their own association's misgivings.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I understand the SFA's objections and those of the associations in Wales and Northern Ireland, though I don't agree personally that fielding a British team at the Olympics will affect the future existence of the four home nations within FIFA one way or another.

However, I think players should be left to decide for themselves whether they want to be considered or not, bearing in mind their own association's misgivings.

Well said.

Left by mutual consent!
    Fair play to Naismith.

He will burn in hell

Roll on the day we are free of these tiresome tedious UK prats

We are better than this

I hope that Fletch follows suit. It would be extremely pleasing if he were to get a gold medal and send a pic to CL.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    He will burn in hell
    Oh dear.

This. It's mental to want players punished for wanting to play in the Olympics.

Folk whine about the SFA all the time but have swallowed their "we'll lose the national team" nonsense hook, line and sinker.

Naismith is a rodent.

He will burn in hell

We are better than this
    When the wind dies down, you need to seek professional help by the sounds of it.

What more do you expect from a hun.

Anyone but great britian

It was always going to be a Hun or a Jambo, wasn't it?

Surprise surprise. Hun mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post

Anyone but great britian
    Would you feel better if he competed for South Sudan? Guatemala?

If the boy feels 'British' he can compete for whoever he likes. I don't understand the righteous indignation.

First Team Regular GREEN WARLORD's Avatar
    I never want a team GB, i certainly don't go along with the line that we would lose our national team. I don't want it because, it will just get rail roaded by the English, with a token Jock, token Taff and a token Northern Irishman in the team or maybe even 2 of them in the squad if we are lucky. The rest will be English with English coaching staff, yet since 1966 they have won the same amount of trophies as us, nil! Agree or disagree, i recon Scotland would give them a competitive gave any day of the week. You could argue that they have qualified for major tournaments recently but then you could argue that so would have Scotland , if they had been in the qualifying groups Engerland had been in. IT'S JUST A BIG FRONT FOR TEAM ENGLAND!!!!

This.

Why should someone be denied a once in a lifetime opportunity just to appease some folks discomfort with being tagged British?

And before anyone asks no I'm not comfortable being called British because I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by GREEN WARLORD View Post
    I never want a team GB, i certainly don't go along with the line that we would lose our national team. I don't want it because, it will just get rail roaded by the English, with a token Jock, token Taff and a token Northern Irishman in the team or maybe even 2 of them in the squad if we are lucky. The rest will be English with English coaching staff, yet since 1966 they have won the same amount of trophies as us, nil! Agree or disagree, i recon Scotland would give them a competitive gave any day of the week. You could argue that they have qualified for major tournaments recently but then you could argue that so would have Scotland , if they had been in the qualifying groups Engerland had been in. IT'S JUST A BIG FRONT FOR TEAM ENGLAND!!!!
    How could it be anything other than ab English coaching team when none of.the other nations want to be involved?

Should we have gone for Fergie even though he doesn't want any of his Man Utd players involved. Good plan that.

If the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish associations refuse to be involved, you can hardly blame England for taking over!

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Don't see what the big deal is. If it's just an olympic thing, then I don't see why people are so bothered by it.

Naismith is still a fud though...

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Would you feel better if he competed for South Sudan? Guatemala?

If the boy feels 'British' he can compete for whoever he likes. I don't understand the righteous indignation.

It's bizarre. So many people queuing up to tell others what they can and can't do.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Only if you play your English players

You could argue that, but it would be pretty difficult IMO.

England's recent form in qualifying (with the exception of Euro 2008) has been pretty respectable and very consistent, albeit against no more than average to good opposition. They've then generally gone on to perform very poorly in the finals themselves.

England aren't in the top tier of international sides, by any means, but it's hard to argue Scotland are on a par with them. That's no criticism, just a reflection of the fact that England's a bigger country with more resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    How could it be anything other than ab English coaching team when none of.the other nations want to be involved?

Should we have gone for Fergie even though he doesn't want any of his Man Utd players involved. Good plan that.
    Fergie has bigger fish to fry, especially the way is club team are playing at the moment the last thing he needs is a team England (sorry GB) distraction.

If the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish associations refuse to be involved, you can hardly blame England for taking over!
    It is always going be team England, pretend otherwise if you like.

Should be the end of his Scotland career, probably not with Levein in charge, but at least he will be getting booed tae **** when he pulls on the dark blue.

On a more serious note it was published on the Rankers website and with the pantomime surrounding Aluko and his ban it could be a way of giving a two fingered salute to the SFA given their stance on the matter. I know footballers don't have the highest of IQ's but even Naismith must have known the backlash he might face from the Tartan Army!

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    Should be the end of his Scotland career, probably not with Levein in charge, but at least he will be getting booed tae **** when he pulls on the dark blue.

On a more serious note it was published on the Rankers website and with the pantomime surrounding Aluko and his ban it could be a way of giving a two fingered salute to the SFA given their stance on the matter. I know footballers don't have the highest of IQ's but even Naismith must have known the backlash he might face from the Tartan Army!
    Maybe it would be better just to have a GB team anyway.

At least we would be rid of Levein......,

@hibs.net private member
    He will burn in hell

We are better than this
    Better than what? You telling me you won't be cheering on British athletes at the games? If this is the new Scotland then thanks. Being anti England is not the same as being pro Scotland

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    I'm not anti Olympics but it will be the writing on the wall for the Scotland National Team. The rest of FIFA will use this as a way to get into the UK's "protected" status by inventing the game (well, coming up with the basic rules). Timing couldn't be better either as many fans no longer follow Scotland because we have become 3rd class as competitors.