hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Slight concern.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Slight concern.

With us playing the Champions and Aberdeen and Dunfermline both at home this weekend a not too unlikely set of results could see us rooted to the bottom of the league this weekend.

With this squad's lack of confidence and propensity for heads going down is anyone else concerned about how they would react to a blow like this should the worst happen? Would they fight for their lives like ICT for instance?

Makes a result against Rangers even more important imo
    Last edited by Spike Mandela; 07-12-2011 at 02:42 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    We are likely to be joint bottom after Saturday's games. I fancy Aberdeen to beat St. Mirren but I think Killie will beat Dunfermline. Our result is a foregone conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With us playing the Champions and Aberdeen and Dunfermline both at home this weekend a not too unlikely set of results could see us rooted to the bottom of the league this weekend.

With this squad's lack of confidence and propensity for heads going down is anyone else concerned about how they would react to a blow like this should the worst happen? Would they fight for their lives like ICT for instance?

Makes a result against Rangers even more important imo
    Seriously not over concerned even if we do end up at the foot of the table come the weekend. The season is not even half way through yet and with Pat Fenlon at the wheel, instead of Caldo the Imposter, I can see us very quickly climb the table and achieve top six.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Seriously not over concerned even if we do end up at the foot of the table come the weekend. The season is not even half way through yet and with Pat Fenlon at the wheel, instead of Caldo the Imposter, I can see us very quickly climb the table and achieve top six.
    But top six might be beyond us. Still, that aspiration is not as unlikely as the one some Jambos are claiming over by, that, even when they lose most of their 'key' players in January, the young guys coming in will get 3rd place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    But top six might be beyond us. Still, that aspiration is not as unlikely as the one some Jambos are claiming over by, that, even when they lose most of their 'key' players in January, the young guys coming in will get 3rd place.
    I'm even hopeful that there won't be an Edinburgh derby going into the last 5 games.

Glasgow Rangers are "Tom Kite". Friday night's fiasco was meant to happen. Hibernian FC's resurgence will start with a victory against the Full Fat Yams.

Trust me.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    We are likely to be joint bottom after Saturday's games. I fancy Aberdeen to beat St. Mirren but I think Killie will beat Dunfermline. Our result is a foregone conclusion.
    Oh yea of little faith. ;)

I'm hoping that the recent changes at Hibs will spur the players into action. And what a better platform than at home in front of 15,000+ fans against "them"? I'll be watching the game in GrainyVisionTM on Hibs TV.