hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Players out

Players out

Sorry if it has been mentioned before but, it looks like Thornhil and Agogo could be gone by January?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...ssip_1_1991697

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Think Thornhill isn't a bad player but just been unlucky with injuries and form hasn't been the best either...

Agogo I thought came onto a game recently when he played up front with GOC.. Seemed to struggle a bit when he played behind GOC and Griffths...

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Fenlon told Agogo last Thursday that he was leaving the club in January, and Agogo immediately went for Nutsy.

He's currently made it halfway across the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fenlon told Agogo last Thursday that he was leaving the club in January, and Agogo immediately went for Nutsy.

Jeez ..he has only just got here ..things must be bad at EM ...

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deek View Post
    Sorry if it has been mentioned before but, it looks like Thornhil and Agogo could be gone by January?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...ssip_1_1991697

How do we get rid of them though.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    How do we get rid of them though.
    Pay them off?
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    2 no hopers, well rid

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Jeez ..he has only just got here ..things must be bad at EM ...
    I'm thinking of managing Hibs as part of a gap year.

I believe Agogo has finally reached Fenlon....and missed.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WalterSobzcek
    I'm thinking of managing Hibs as part of a gap year.

They've had taxi's booked for them, Thornhill leaving first thing.

He's instructed Petrie to "Wake me up before Agogo".

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Its all very well saying get rid of Agogo Thornhill Scott etc, But we need clubs willing to take them of our hands, We cant just bin them as they have Contracts.Players like Jimmy Scott on 3 and a 1/2 year deals Will be reluctant to go anywhere else as they wont get betters offers anywhere else than the contracts they are on just now.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    Just do what big teams do and just don't pay their wages. Real Madrid, Barca and Hearts do it all the time.

Blog Entries
    This is one of those self-fulfilling prophesies. The rumour starts here, the press pick it up & print it in guess what, Football Rumours!! We pick up on it & by doing this it suddenly becomes a fact, Fact!!
    No criticism of OP, just somewhat bemused at the way these things happen. PS, what did journos do before the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy View Post
    Pay them off?

Can we afford to do that MB..

On another subject i am sure a while ago you posted a link regarding framed photo's of Hibs players past and present that you could purchase maybe of Hibs offical site, if it was you do you still have the link. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This is one of those self-fulfilling prophesies. The rumour starts here, the press pick it up & print it in guess what, Football Rumours!! We pick up on it & by doing this it suddenly becomes a fact, Fact!!
    No criticism of OP, just somewhat bemused at the way these things happen. PS, what did journos do before the internet?
    I think they got pissed with players hoping to get a story.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post

Sit in boozers and listen to the rumours from the punters that were very drunk and slavering crap.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

On another subject i am sure a while ago you posted a link regarding framed photo's of Hibs players past and present that you could purchase maybe of Hibs offical site, if it was you do you still have the link. Cheers.
    http://www.hibernianfcpix.com/
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Testimonial Due
    I wish we would actually have the balls and finances to get rid of the dross that hangs around the club. These two and many more simply average players at very best and not what we need to take the club forward. Sadly though we will end up stick with jokers like them until someone buys them or the contracts expire.

Was there not something on here suggesting we no longer pay up contracts?!

Left by mutual consent!
    You would hope the players not wanted would have enough Professional pride not to want to sit on the bench here and move far, far, far away

Out:

O'Hanlon
    Murray
    Stevenson
    Thornhill
    Scott
    Sodje
    Agogo
    Towell

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee 4 View Post
    I wish we would actually have the balls and finances to get rid of the dross that hangs around the club. These two and many more simply average players at very best and not what we need to take the club forward. Sadly though we will end up stick with jokers like them until someone buys them or the contracts expire.
    How many times have I read this type of post on here...only for the 'dross' to be shipped out and replacements brought in...then read another post 12 months later demanding the 'dross' be shipped out...etc etc etc.

I'm seriously hoping that Fenlon can manage to mould a team first and foremost and that hard work, tactics and a bit of basic training ground work will mean we don't have to go through the expensive and damaging removal of 'dross' and that we can build a side with quality players over time and at our own pace...otehrwise its forever a dross removal excercise that seems to achieve nothing but cost us money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy View Post

Cheers Mainboy.

I thought somebody had posted up a few days back it was Thornhill and Sodje who were on the way. Who to believe eh?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I thought somebody had posted up a few days back it was Thornhill and Sodje who were on the way. Who to believe eh?
    I posted on Friday Thornhill was told to find another club apparently. There was then a link to the Hibees Bounce where Sodje was mentioned.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SiMar View Post
    How many times have I read this type of post on here...only for the 'dross' to be shipped out and replacements brought in...then read another post 12 months later demanding the 'dross' be shipped out...etc etc etc.

I'm seriously hoping that Fenlon can manage to mould a team first and foremost and that hard work, tactics and a bit of basic training ground work will mean we don't have to go through the expensive and damaging removal of 'dross' and that we can build a side with quality players over time and at our own pace...otehrwise its forever a dross removal excercise that seems to achieve nothing but cost us money.
    I would have thought the only reason anybody would have been told to leave at this early stage of Fenlon's tenure is if they'd managed to do something to severely piss him off during his short time in charge so far - otherwise why wouldn't he want to give them a chance to see what they could do?

For that reason I'd take all these rumours with a hefty pinch of salt - I've no doubt there will be changes but why should Fenlon ring them now when he's still got a few games and weeks of training to assess what's at his disposal and has yet to guide his new side through 90 mins of football?

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    I would have thought the only reason anybody would have been told to leave at this early stage of Fenlon's tenure is if they'd managed to do something to severely piss him off during his short time in charge so far - otherwise why wouldn't he want to give them a chance to see what they could do?

For that reason I'd take all these rumours with a hefty pinch of salt - I've no doubt there will be changes but why should Fenlon ring them now when he's still got a few games and weeks of training to assess what's at his disposal and has yet to guide his new side through 90 mins of football?
    It is not too hard to believe, that cutting the wage bill was a large part of his remit and this to be done with immediate effect. January in this case.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sahib View Post
    It is not too hard to believe, that cutting the wage bill was a large part of his remit and this to be done with immediate effect. January in this case.
    As with most managers, it'll be a case of having to move people on to free up money for players he wants to bring in.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Lost in translation I believe!

Sodje was on the bench on Friday so I don't think he was dealt as severe a message as the other 2 but I think Sodje is training with the 19's along with MT & JA

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SiMar View Post

Agree I want a manager that can come in and create an environment where he is getting more out of the players that are here and then be able to strengthen that with 2 or 3 of his own. Clubs like Hibs cannot afford the annual buying out of players contracts only to do the same exercise in a years time.