hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Still not good enough for Scotland ?

.....Fletch scores another 2 goals....Levein needs to find a way of resolving this...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .....Fletch scores another 2 goals....Levein needs to find a way of resolving this...
    Yes resign please

Agreed but it's a two way thing mind. Fletch could text to say he's back on board or Levein could do likewise. Am not backing Levein here as I think he's a turnip but Fletch needs to grow up too
    This is how it feels

manager should lead by example and make the first move but fletch should do the same its only hurting scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Agreed but it's a two way thing mind. Fletch could text to say he's back on board or Levein could do likewise. Am not backing Levein here as I think he's a turnip but Fletch needs to grow up too
    Both need tae grow a set of balls !!!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    Yes resign please
    This
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

He is, he says all Driver needs is games and he will be back in the squad .

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Not sure exactly what happened here, did Fletcher txt Potter to tell him he wasn't interested in playing again? If that was the case then I would back the manager in ignoring Fletch until Fletch himself asks to come back surely that's the right stance to take!

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Both goals were very good but the 2nd was a top class finish

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Maybe fletch is no that bothered, he's doing the biz down south and not having to play additional (some meaningless) games probably helps

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Potter is a turd whilst that clown is in charge we are doomed to failure the man has not got a clue

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Not sure exactly what happened here, did Fletcher txt Potter to tell him he wasn't interested in playing again? If that was the case then I would back the manager in ignoring Fletch until Fletch himself asks to come back surely that's the right stance to take!
    Fletch texted to say he didn't want to play in the Nations Cup (or whatever it was called) as Wolves were involved in some important games. Potter took the huff because he texted and didn't call.

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Fletcher needs to grow up , come out of his juvenile huff and tell the Scotland Manager he's been a bit of an Erse and would quite like to be selected to play for his country again.
    Last edited by Capt Mainwaring; 04-12-2011 at 08:19 PM.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Think he actually asked not to be selected for a particular game and not as you say not interested in playing again.

Surely as the manager is older and wiser he could/should be able to sort out issues like this, one call is all that is required and if Fletch says no then that would be the end for him...I am sure if Miller, Caldwell of the other Fletcher declared they did not want to be selected for a particular game they would not be treated in this way.

"keep the faith"

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Frankly, I'm sick of hearing this story. It's like something out of a primary school playground (if the reports are accurate, which there's every possibility of them not being). It's about time everyone took a deep breath and started acting like adults. Or is that asking too much?

As I read elsewhere qualification is far more important than two over inflated egos.

Levein isn't a 20 odd year old lad. He's a manager of the national team. He should drop the ego, and give Fletcher a call and clarify the situation. He doesn't even have to make a big song and dance about it, just get it done, and get Fletcher in the squad in time for the campaign. If Fletch says no, Levein clears himself of any blame.

Would love to see a partnership of Miller and Fletcher up front at Hampden, however I accept thinking 2 up front could win us games is a far too radical opinion for the current management team to consider

No real point in discussing this. Even if whatever silly dispute occured was resolved and Fletcher was called up to Scotland squads, Levein wouldn't play him in the system he uses. If he did make an appearance, it would be off the bench for a token few minutes.

Levein has made it clear that he feels he doesn't need Fletcher. He has Miller, CMS and Rhodes on the way through.

The only way Fletcher will play for Scotland again is under a new manager. Unfortunately, I think Levein will be in that job for many years.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Fletcher dropped out a squad and can't get a look-in, Drvier played for bloody England and gets told he just needs games. GTF Potter, ya welt.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Not condoning what Fletcher has or has not done, but there are always ways around things. As long as Alan McGregor pulls on the jersey as the Scotland manager's first choice goalkeeper, then I think it is a fair assumption that the Fletcher situation is personal.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMG View Post
    Fletch texted to say he didn't want to play in the Nations Cup (or whatever it was called) as Wolves were involved in some important games. Potter took the huff because he texted and didn't call.
    He texted the kitman

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    He texted the kitman
    Probably because Potter didn't give his number out to any player that's been associated with us and not the OF.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Not condoning what Fletcher has or has not done, but there are always ways around things. As long as Alan McGregor pulls on the jersey as the Scotland manager's first choice goalkeeper, then I think it is a fair assumption that the Fletcher situation is personal.
    IIRC Levein asked Ferguson to play for Scotland again. Although Ferguson turned him down the key point is that Levein made the first move.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!

For a manager who was desperate to get Barry the Crab and Alan McGregor back in the team after their antics under a different manager I think it's safe to say he's putting his personal pride ahead of what's best for the team here. Sour faced sack of misery.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    If I recall correctly, Fletcher was never given a fair crack at the whip, even when he was in the squad. It seems that even then, being a former Hibs player scoring goals in the EPL wasn't as good as being an over-rated half-crocked Hearts or Dundee Utd player.

He doesn't really have a great incentive to make the first move, does he?

GG

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Fletcher will never get another Scotland game under Potter.

O'Connor would be another great addition to the squad but isn't aloud to on the account of the court cases. Although its ok for Bad Willie to be in the squad because Levein didn't know anything about it....

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    If I recall correctly, Fletcher was never given a fair crack at the whip, even when he was in the squad. It seems that even then, being a former Hibs player scoring goals in the EPL wasn't as good as being an over-rated half-crocked Hearts or Dundee Utd player.

He doesn't really have a great incentive to make the first move, does he?

GG
    On the other hand, he did have a tendancy to miss and hold his head in his hands, which he did for a while when he went to Wolves but glad to see that Honest Mick has beat that out of him and now he is the damn fine player he should be--it's all in the Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post

The sooner the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    He texted the kitman

that tam mccourt gets about

Blog Entries
    I agree that Fletch has been a plum as well...

However I would suggest that Scotland / Levein need Fletch more than the other way round....

Getting international games / recognition used to be the way to a big move...however Fletch has already made it - relatively - big and is in the biggest league in the world...scoring and picking up big wages and admiring looks from clubs further up the tree...

He is also one of the few players who can play lone / wing / withdrawn.. a great asset in a squad, particularly tournaments where numbers are restricted..

Kind of a shame MON has got a new gig, as i feel his experience of EPL / SPL and ability to create solid teams out of mixed ability players would have been worth a shout to get us making tourneys again...

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    Fletcher needs to grow up , come out of his juvenile huff and tell the Scotland Manager he's been a bit of an Erse and would quite like to be selected to play for his country again.
    That is a given is it not?