hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Reply from Motherwell Safety Manager

Below is the reply I received:

I am in receipt of your email regarding the game last night and note its contents. Motherwell football club will be conducting a full investigation on the matter and you points will be noted and included in the investigation.

I can advise that the pa system was checked in the stadium at 4.30 pm and each area was sound checked and all areas individually and collectively were tested and passed .

When I have the results of the investigation I will be in touch

Thank you for your e mail.

Kindest regards

Alan Marshall

Alan Marshall

Safety and Facilities Manager

Motherwell Football Club

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Maybe the test needs reexamined then? Or did conditions deteriorate?

Perhaps spl twitter feeds could be used or can blue tooth messages be sent like in bluewater to promote shops in the vacinity be used as I've mentioned before almost everyone has a mobile device.

What did the test involve?

One steward standing in the upper tier with a few pigeons for company while a message was sounded? Of course it would pass then!

The PA system was way, way below the standards that should be expected at any ground.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe the test needs reexamined then? Or did conditions deteriorate?

Perhaps spl twitter feeds could be used or can blue tooth messages be sent like in bluewater to promote shops in the vacinity be used as I've mentioned before almost everyone has a mobile device.
    Like most grounds the speakers on these systems are subjected to the constant strain of excessively loud music blasted out at a level that would deafen anyone and knacker most sound systems. Last night you could hear those speakers were buggered from the word go.

The PA system in the south stand has been inaudible for years but last night proved that fans safety is being put at risk as I couldn't make out a thing. It also took me 5-10 minutes to exit the stand because there was a hold up at the exits.

I mentioned to a steward on the way out to raise the PA system's inaudibility at the de-brief and he said he would. I look forward to an improved system for the replay.

@hibs.net private member HiBremian's Avatar
    "I can advise that the pa system was checked in the stadium at 4.30 pm and each area was sound checked and all areas individually and collectively were tested and passed ."

As a sound recordist, I somehow doubt that their sound checks are anything to do with whether punters can actually understand what is said, and more to do with being able to pump out loud music. ie "it works".

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Never in a million years did they test that PA system in the South Stand beforehand.

This is just bluster from `Well and covering their backs in anticipation of any investigation that will be forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by franks View Post
    The PA system in the south stand has been inaudible for years but last night proved that fans safety is being put at risk as I couldn't make out a thing. It also took me 5-10 minutes to exit the stand because there was a hold up at the exits.

I mentioned to a steward on the way out to raise the PA system's inaudibility at the de-brief and he said he would. I look forward to an improved system for the replay.
    100% correct, i've never once been able to hear the teams being read out or the half time scores

Not sure what kind of speakers they have in the stands, apart from not very good ones, but i would imagine that the PA system at Fir Park has not been upgraded for a very long time. the drivers will be inside out and damp/water plays havoc with speaker connections/drivers, internal corrosion, probably the power amp is goosed as well.
    Hence the very poor quality output and inaudiable announments

As far as I recall, stewarding supervisors in each area of deployment should be equipped with loudhailers. That's a basic requisite and a concern if this was not the case.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    I saw one loudhailer - that PA system was a joke

Thank Christ there wasn't a real emergency

I was up the back of the upper tier and a lad asked a steward why the second half had been delayed (it was about twenty minutes by that time). The steward must have been a supervisor type cos he had a walkie talkie. His answer to the question "There's been a major incident but the game will start again soon" Seems like their comms were like their PA system - gash
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I was up the back of the upper tier and a lad asked a steward why the second half had been delayed (it was about twenty minutes by that time). The steward must have been a supervisor type cos he had a walkie talkie. His answer to the question "There's been a major incident but the game will start again soon" Seems like their comms were like their PA system - gash
    I asked one and he just shrugged his shoulders. Helpfull!

Left by mutual consent!
    And we got kept on the stairwell of the stand with the "Major Incident" for 5-10 minutes waiting for the illusive vouchers.

To be fair the radio were talking to people in the know and they all said the game will be starting soon and couldn't believe it when they announced it over the PA system.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    I got a reply from Alan Marshall too. He said there were 6 stewards handing out vouchers to away fans. They must have been hiding coz i only saw one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    I got a reply from Alan Marshall too. He said there were 6 stewards handing out vouchers to away fans. They must have been hiding coz i only saw one.

The wife said there were two that she saw, but the guy did a runner when things got busy and left the lassie on her own.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    So you got a reply from A Marshall...shouldn't we be aiming our complaints a bit higher than that??