hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar

We Need The Benny Brasil Factor back.

Finest player to wear the green and white Imho brave as a lion not the most skillfull but wore his heart on his sleeve.

When there was a pen to take and everyone else turned there back Benny was the man.

Thats what we need now more with his desire.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nortonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finest player to wear the green and white Imho brave as a lion not the most skillfull but wore his heart on his sleeve.

When there was a pen to take and everyone else turned there back Benny was the man.

Wel that settles it for me

You need to keep taking the tablets.
    Last edited by Kato; 01-12-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Now confirmed. you're a noblet.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Help ma boab.!

Do yourself a favour OP go and have a lie down and wait until the alcohol/drugs wears off, until then...

:asshole:

First Team Breakthrough huggie1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: huggieedin
    Still mind his hat-trick v celic in a friendly back in the 80s outstanding

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar

I'm touched

First Team Breakthrough

Interesting. Are you at the computer on your own or is your carer with you?

He was absolutely sh*t, and I remember the old stadium heckling and booing him on several occasions. He did indeed score a hatrick in a 4-1 defeat of Sellik - but sadly (and very typically) it was a mid-winter friendly (everyone else's pitch was frozen) and there was nobody there to record it. So even when he was good, no-one actually knew it had ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by davidw View Post
    Interesting. Are you at the computer on your own or is your carer with you?

He was absolutely sh*t, and I remember the old stadium heckling and booing him on several occasions. He did indeed score a hatrick in a 4-1 defeat of Sellik - but sadly (and very typically) it was a mid-winter friendly (everyone else's pitch was frozen) and there was nobody there to record it. So even when he was good, no-one actually knew it had ever happened.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Benny looked great on the auld football stickers Not as ugly as Willie Irvine though. He was nearly Fulton material
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

It wasnae 4 1 it was 6 3!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

utterly ridiculous

but well done on getting the attention you were looking for

for snortinhibby

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    It wasnae 4 1 it was 6 3!
    And I think there are a few of us who were there who definitely knew it happened.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    And I think there are a few of us who were there who definitely knew it happened.
    Remember it. I don't think I will ever get misty eyed when I remember Benny but he would hold his own in recent Hibs sides and would certainly have put more effort into it to make up for his other shortcomings.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    I can only assume you never actually saw him play NH.

@hibs.net private member hibbybob's Avatar
    Benny must have been doing something right to have played under 5 Hibs managers!

IIRC he played under Turnbull, Ormond, Auld, Stanton and Blackley before being emptied by Alex Miller.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybob View Post
    Benny must have been doing something right to have played under 5 Hibs managers!

IIRC he played under Turnbull, Ormond, Auld, Stanton and Blackley before being emptied by Alex Miller.
    Thats 6
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member hibbybob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Thats 6
    Ah - but I'm not sure he actually played for Lexo. He certainly got rid tho!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I may be wrong, but I'm sure Benny was an under 21 cap? His longevity baffled those of us who seen him play, but he was one who gave it his all for us. He was no Franz Beckenbauer, but then again, he was no Stuart Turnbull.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    I missed the 6-3 game because I couldn't get off shift at the Artisan. I've a very good friend who is extremely pally with Sir Patrick of Stanton who said, no-one could take the ball off of him in training.
    Benny's problem seemed to be doing his job with an audience -which is a bit of a p*sser since he drives buses now.

Personally I never forgave him for not booting the ball into Albion Road when we were 1 up against Dundee United 90th minute - in the cup and lost the replay.

good old Benny if you were having a shocker in the school team the subs would be right on your case "Benny-Benny Brasil"

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    I missed the 6-3 game because I couldn't get off shift at the Artisan. I've a very good friend who is extremely pally with Sir Patrick of Stanton who said, no-one could take the ball off of him in training.
    Benny's problem seemed to be doing his job with an audience -which is a bit of a p*sser since he drives buses now.

Personally I never forgave him for not booting the ball into Albion Road when we were 1 up against Dundee United 90th minute - in the cup and lost the replay.

i remember that game well ( i think it went to 2 replays and we played them something like 4 times in 14 days) Nobody remembers who was at fault for the goal, just the fact Beny made the mistake that led to the corner.
    He was never the most gifted player, but he was the scapegoat on many occasions. He was very typical of the calibre of player we had then (tom kite) but his appearance lent itself to being a victim
    It was disgraceful the treatment he recieved from the Hibs fans at times.
    Never seen a player clear it off the line as many times as Beny did, and he was a very fit guy. I wished for better players but felt very sorry for the guy at times
    He certainly had a better attitude and respect for our club than most at present

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Brazil View Post
    I'm touched
    So is he

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AK86 View Post
    [/B]

i remember that game well ( i think it went to 2 replays and we played them something like 4 times in 14 days) Nobody remembers who was at fault for the goal, just the fact Beny made the mistake that led to the corner.
    He was never the most gifted player, but he was the scapegoat on many occasions. He was very typical of the calibre of player we had then (tom kite) but his appearance lent itself to being a victim
    It was disgraceful the treatment he recieved from the Hibs fans at times.
    Never seen a player clear it off the line as many times as Beny did, and he was a very fit guy. I wished for better players but felt very sorry for the guy at times
    He certainly had a better attitude and respect for our club than most at present
    I remember it well.

We were in the main stand for some reason. The game was about to end and Hibs were through, I thought.

I shook the hands of all my pals and said, "See you in the next round".

Benny conceded the corner and we were out.

My mate turned round to me and said, "That's your fault".

LOL
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by hibbybob View Post

Did he no marry the chairmans daughter or somesuch? Or was that just an uncharitable comment?

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post

No sure about that - saw them training up the Jack Kane a few times and he was ****ing horrendous. Fell over the round fellae more than once when I was watching LOL

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Benny was subjected to some of the worst personal abuse that I've heard at ER and that's saying something.

Blog Entries
    The OP published this nonsense previously. From memory Benny only ever took 2 pens, the famous friendly & then again in the pen shoot out, also against Celtc in the 4-4 game. Of course, when it mattered Benny missed that one but thankfully Celtc had Pierce O'Leary!! Benny became a first team choice after Sloop was sold & his first game, against St J I think, summed him up. Played superbly for 80 minutes, the EEN ready to say Sloop wouldn't be missed, then a horribly sclaffed pass back to concede a late winner. Definitely not a Stuart Turnbull but not in same class as Blackley etc, mind you not many were.