hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar

Hibs v Hearts tickets - Hibs selling direct (merged)

As it says in the title, Hibs confirm that they will sell tickets direct to Hearts fans.

Feel free to speculate reasons why....

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20...262950_2530464
    Last edited by Mikey; 28-11-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Link added

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Because the hobo peg sellers are desperate for the cash obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As it says in the title, Hibs confirm that they will sell tickets direct to Hearts fans.

Feel free to speculate reasons why....
    Probably because we've more chance of getting money from the manky mob's fans than we have from the owner

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Hinge View Post
    Probably because we've more chance of getting money from the manky mob's fans than we have from the owner
    Another sensible decision by the Board, i'm surprised that more companies have not been taking Hearts to court for money they are owed, there must be a lot of worried business owners out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Because the hobo peg sellers are desperate for the cash obviously.
    There was actually something quite similar posted on kickback last week

Apparently we are more likely to go bust than them!!

@hibs.net private member
    Will be a great excuse for a "boycott" as a way of justifying their inability to sell their full allocation as usual.

All tickets will be posted by Special Delivery. There will be no collections from Hibernian Football Club.
    I love how we've made it clear we don't want the mutants anywhere near the ground apart from match days.

GIRFUY

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    There was actually something quite similar posted on kickback last week

Apparently we are more likely to go bust than them!!
    There's a shock!

Wtf is that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Wtf is that all about?
    It's something that already happens with the Old Firm games because of the arguements the other year about Rantic wanting to keep x% of their ticket sales for when they play away from home, so it's a precedent the club have used to their advantage to make sure they aren't left waiting for months for HMFC to get a cheque together for their side of the ticket sales for the derby. Well done the board, I say

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    It's something that already happens with the Old Firm games because of the arguements the other year about Rantic wanting to keep x% of their ticket sales for when they play away from home, so it's a precedent the club have used to their advantage to make sure they aren't left waiting for months for HMFC to get a cheque together for their side of the ticket sales for the derby. Well done the board, I say
    I was referring to einstein post which has since been deleted by the admins.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    When is the tickets for the Hibs end oan sale, Anyone ken?

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    When is the tickets for the Hibs end oan sale, Anyone ken?
    IIRC, you can buy tickets for any Hibs home game for the rest of the season now.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    IIRC, you can buy tickets for any Hibs home game for the rest of the season now.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I was referring to einstein post which has since been deleted by the admins.
    Ah, apologies for that one Hutchy.

Obsessed with the Hibees
    Quote Originally Posted by EskbankHibby View Post
    Will be a great excuse for a "boycott" as a way of justifying their inability to sell their full allocation as usual.
    While I don’t blame Hibs for taking this course of action there are certain areas I’m not too enamoured by and which may mean less than a sell out.

I will have to pay a £6 special delivery fee and this on top of an expensive ticket will undoubtedly put some people off.

We also have to fill in a downloaded application with all personal details(proving loyalty points etc) plus card details and 3 digit security code. Then post the application off.None too comfortable about this and may also put people off.

If allowed I would happily take a trip to Easter Road ticket Office or pay direct into a secure website.

I and my son will still go as it is without doubt my favourite game of the season but in a time when getting people to go to the games is hard enough these obstacles will undoubtedly put people off.

Initially it is my team’s owners at fault for failing to give Hibs assurances the ticket money will be paid in the timescale but it is the supporters who will suffer due to a fairly ill thought out ordering system

Ah, apologies for that one Hutchy.
    Nae problem!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bruno View Post
    While I don’t blame Hibs for taking this course of action there are certain areas I’m not too enamoured by and which may mean less than a sell out.

I will have to pay a £6 special delivery fee and this on top of an expensive ticket will undoubtedly put some people off.

We also have to fill in a downloaded application with all personal details(proving loyalty points etc) plus card details and 3 digit security code. Then post the application off.None too comfortable about this and may also put people off.

If allowed I would happily take a trip to Easter Road ticket Office or pay direct into a secure website.

I and my son will still go as it is without doubt my favourite game of the season but in a time when getting people to go to the games is hard enough these obstacles will undoubtedly put people off.

Initially it is my team’s owners at fault for failing to give Hibs assurances the ticket money will be paid in the timescale but it is the supporters who will suffer due to a fairly ill thought out ordering system
    Nah,it's ALL his fault, simple as that, so tough titty
    Last edited by Saorsa; 28-11-2011 at 02:05 PM.

They're getting charged £6 for delivery and getting no choice in the matter.

So 2 adult tickets for them will cost £62!!!

Haha

Quote Originally Posted by bruno View Post

There will be many a hearts fan greeting about said scenario.

But the problem lyes solely at the hands of your owner, Therefore its Hearts fault not Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post

Haha

If it was upto me id charge the ******s triple for special delivery!!!!.

They sure are special awrite, No right in the heid the lot of them .

Bruno, i hear that Celtic have done the same with your tickets for Darkhead, is it the same sort of deal? i.e all details to be sent to Celtic etc etc and a hefty postage charge on top?

Will Hearts be doing the same for future Cat A games at Tynecastle?

Obsessed with the Hibees
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    There will be many a hearts fan greeting about said scenario.

But the problem lyes solely at the hands of your owner, Therefore its Hearts fault not Hibs.
    I'm not denying it's Hearts fault and the reason for Hibs selling tickets direct is understandable I just think that it could have been done in a more secure way at least offering fans the opportunity to buy tickets in person at your ticket office.

My son is 13 and hasn't missed a derby at Easter Road since he was 6 so he's not going to miss this one.

As I am on Hibs database I could easily buy one for lot less money and a lot easier and safer method and that is the point. Why make it more difficult and costlier.

Quote Originally Posted by At The Edge View Post
    Will Hearts be doing the same for future Cat A games at Tynecastle?
    That's the one worry I've got about this scenario that it may become a tit-for-tat situation. Hearts being the tits of that scenario, of course.

Left by mutual consent!
    That's the one worry I've got about this scenario that it may become a tit-for-tat situation. Hearts being the tits of that scenario, of course.
    Maybe they'd be less inclined tae put folk off going as they need tae scrape together enough tae pay their players wages. Personally for me they can dae what the like, they dinnae get money from me anyway as I dinnae go tae that *****hole.

From kickback

[quote name='johnmitchell']
    I've got over 130 points but if those tossers think I'm lining their pockets by paying £34 for a ticket they they can ram it! Hibs are so desperate for cash they've now decided to rip off Hearts fans by selling direct, citing the excuse that they might not get paid if we sell them to our own fans, they're pathetic!
    [/quote]

Is this boy for real?
    Hahahaha

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    £6 "admin" or whatever type of additional charge it actually is does seem a bit excessive. It's bad enough when you're charged a booking fee of £1.50 then an additional £1 for postage.

While agreeing with the thinking behind the policy, I've a feeling it could result in a sizeable drop in revenue from the hawrts support.

Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post

Haha
    I think the £6 is a flat fee (not per ticket) so at least some kind of recompense (if buying more than one ticket). For the record if WE (as home fans) were buying tickets online we would get charged £1.50 per ticket admin. fee plus the special delivery charge BUT we do have a chance to buy at face value. I think Ticketmaster AND Royal Mail will be the ones making the money here certainly not Hibs. I'd be p'd off if we had to do this for Tynie.

Left by mutual consent!
    From kickback

johnmitchell
    I've got over 130 points but if those tossers think I'm lining their pockets by paying £34 for a ticket they they can ram it! Hibs are so desperate for cash they've now decided to rip off Hearts fans by selling direct, citing the excuse that they might not get paid if we sell them to our own fans, they're pathetic!
    guess we'll no see you there then

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I doubt they will.

If there are say 1000 less yams at ER than normal Hibs will be £26k worse off, but it's stll better than being bumped for £100k+.

Heats don't run the same risk with Hibs, and they certainly can't afford to lose £25k or so in lost sales that would probably result.