hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Billy Brown - Post Match Interview

Key messages:

"rank poor defending"
    "poor resilience"
    "no concentration"

Pat Fenlon has "a massive task ahead of him"; "we can't defend properly"; "team not good enough".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/15906236.stm

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Key messages:

"rank poor defending"
    "poor resilience"
    "no concentration"

Pat Fenlon has "a massive task ahead of him"; "we can't defend properly"; "team not good enough".

Looks like it could be For BB.

Key messages:

"rank poor defending"
    "poor resilience"
    "no concentration"

Heard it on the way home and can't disagree with the man.

I hope Pat's got plenty of enthusiasm for the job, he'll need it.

Their confidence is so low they can't defend a lead, nor keep the pressure on their opponents.

Left by mutual consent!
    Just like you billy.

Well at least we learned Billy is not the man for job.
    Two weeks working with them and if we had lost 6 or 7 goals today it would have been fair.
    Why do we persist with Hanlon at left back?

I'm more concerned about the content of his interview than whether he was or wasn't the man for the top job. Fact is, he's been around the Scottish game long enough to spot a bunch of diddies and nothing that he said about the current crop in that interview inspires any confidence in these players. I hope people don't expect Fenlon to be a miracle worker just because he had a tight budget for a time at Bohemians, although a start would be for him to have his own people in and let him get rid of any coaches he doesn't want.

Players need a bloody reality check though. Jesus.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    Well at least we learned Billy is not the man for job.
    Two weeks working with them and if we had lost 6 or 7 goals today it would have been fair.
    Didnt particularly want Brown to get the job but 2 weeks working with a team isnt exactly much, and especially in defence, there isnt much to work with.

Quite happy hes come out and said what he did, too often there is the same old excuses and bull**** about positives from the games, at least hes willing to say they arent good enough and the defending is shocking (not that that solves anything, but at least theres some honesty for a change).

Coaching Staff
    I think now it's pretty clear that CC has left a far bigger mess than any of the previous managers including have no back 4 to speak of and so Fenlon does need to be given some time.

It's a pity we probably can't really move people put in January. We really need a back 4 and a creative player. At least!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by moff1875 View Post
    I'm more concerned about the content of his interview than whether he was or wasn't the man for the top job. Fact is, he's been around the Scottish game long enough to spot a bunch of diddies and nothing that he said about the current crop in that interview inspires any confidence in these players. I hope people don't expect Fenlon to be a miracle worker just because he had a tight budget for a time at Bohemians, although a start would be for him to have his own people in and let him get rid of any coaches he doesn't want.

Players need a bloody reality check though. Jesus.
    to shake them up tell 2 or 3. dont come back get a new club in january.

and same applies to anybody in the backroom.

and scott lyndsay................an accountant running the football dept........................

and promote ross caldwell to the 1st team squad

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I think now it's pretty clear that CC has left a far bigger mess than any of the previous managers including have no back 4 to speak of and so Fenlon does need to be given some time.
    But only as much time as Yogi was given, presumably.

Talk about stating the obvious.

That was dire stuff today, really woeful and I really fear for us this season. Fenlon has an absolutely massive job on his hands trying to change things around at the club, so much so that I actually think that it could take him two years before we see any serious improvement.

Things really are that bad and I honestly can't say for certain that we won't be relegated this year.

I see no signs of encouragement at all.

It's a pity we probably can't really move people put in January. We really need a back 4 and a creative player. At least!
    Andy I've said in a number of other posts that to start the season with the defenders we had was a recipe for relegation. Either Coco was too busy examining his sweeties or RP was reluctant to approve more signings. Even in the pre season game at Berwick (when O'hanlon wasn't playing) the defence looked dodgy. We are soft as *****. Pat Fenlon needs to sort this as a priority.

Not clear to me. Same mess now as when Hughes left, it`s just that CC could not fix it. Wasn`t rocket science either, a new back four was required, a good one mind, but a new one all the same.

But only as much time as Yogi was given, presumably.
    That made me chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Talk about stating the obvious.

That was dire stuff today, really woeful and I really fear for us this season. Fenlon has an absolutely massive job on his hands trying to change things around at the club, so much so that I actually think that it could take him two years before we see any serious improvement.

Things really are that bad and I honestly can't say for certain that we won't be relegated this year.

I see no signs of encouragement at all.
    I think there's every chance we could go down this season. Wholesale changes are required.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I just despair at what Calderclown has done with this team. He had a chance in the summer to bring in a defence, but no he brings in one powder puff central defender.

He had a chance to bring in a midfield, but no he actually makes that part of the team worse.

Fenlon has been left right in the sheite.

Quote Originally Posted by Feed McGraw View Post
    Not clear to me. Same mess now as when Hughes left, it`s just that CC could not fix it. Wasn`t rocket science either, a new back four was required, a good one mind, but a new one all the same.
    Yogi left a mess, as has CC. We were nearer the bottom of the league under Hughes also (#74 conveniently and repeatedly forgets this)

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I just despair at what Calderclown has done with this team. He had a chance in the summer to bring in a defence, but no he brings in one powder puff central defender.

He had a chance to bring in a midfield, but no he actually makes that part of the team worse.

Fenlon has been left right in the sheite.
    New players are a priority in all Honesty if Alex Ferguson was on board as of Monday with these players what could he do.
    Above all we must give PF Time to sort this mess out its like he has been given a bad hand at a poker table.
    We are left with a mixture of Yogis team mixed in with CCs Lot, what a mess to sort out.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Yogi left a mess, as has CC. We were nearer the bottom of the league under Hughes also (#74 conveniently and repeatedly forgets this)
    This team is worse and when you consider the opportunity he had with the number of players he was able to move on this is a bigger mess with less of an excuse.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by nortonhibby View Post
    New players are a priority in all Honesty if Alex Ferguson was on board as of Monday with these players what could he do.
    Above all we must give PF Time to sort this mess out its like he has been given a bad hand at a poker table.
    We are left with a mixture of Yogis team mixed in with CCs Lot, what a mess to sort out.
    Lets hope PF is up to the job cos if he is not we are in big trouble.

We can blame managers/coaches/directors but at the end of the day the players are rank rotten.

Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    Because he's undroppable and even more of a liability at centre half.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonhibby View Post
    Looks like it could be For BB.
    Apart from that, the mans telling the truth, thats what worries me.

Calderwood deserves shooting for the mess he has created. Just when you think we have reached a new nadir, the following Saturday is somehow even worse. That performance tody was utterly, utterly woeful and befitting of a relegation side. Without doubt (and I know this is often said) th worst Hibs side I have ever seen in my 25 yrs of watching Hibs. For the first time in my Hibs life, there is not one player I would be sad to lose.

If Pat Fenlon can achieve 11th this season, that will be success. I would keep the young lads (who at least have the potential to improve) i.e. Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Booth and perhaps Osbourne and Griffiths (if possible) but the rest I would happily bin.

Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    Didnt particularly want Brown to get the job but 2 weeks working with a team isnt exactly much, and especially in defence, there isnt much to work with.

Quite happy hes come out and said what he did, too often there is the same old excuses and bull**** about positives from the games, at least hes willing to say they arent good enough and the defending is shocking (not that that solves anything, but at least theres some honesty for a change).
    It's worked for Derek mcinness, he knew for the last few weeks working with hibs that the defence was murder but he still last week and without hart today went out with the same defence. Bb was the only candidate who got a match to prove himself and he didn't. If he wanted to make his Mark today there woulda been more than 3 changes, 2 of which were forced. I'd start playing the kids and let this team rot. Is there anychance calderwood can get tried at the hague for crime against football ?

Can't fault what you write
    My worry is we are now back ,basically, in the same position as we have been with every one of the last five managers .
    " We really need a back 4 and a creative player"
    How many times has that phrase been written on a post on this forum in the past five years ?
    A lot of posters see themselves as "football manager's " and I am seriously beginning to wonder if " Hibs Net" is where our next manger should come from

i like BB for being honest with us but at the end of the day he was never going to get the the job. If I was PF I would empty the lot and bring my own guys in. Oh and please finfd a place for BOOZY because I think we need like him on our coaching staff

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    We were not nearer the bottom of the league when Yogi left than when Calderwood left. I think we were 9th when CC left 2 points above bottom spot and we were 9th under Hughes but 4 points above bottom spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Badge the Hibee View Post
    i like BB for being honest with us but at the end of the day he was never going to get the the job. If I was PF I would empty the lot and bring my own guys in. Oh and please finfd a place for BOOZY because I think we need like him on our coaching staff
    Why because he goes daft when comentating on a Hibs game, have a word with yourself man!! I could go just as daft with more passion but just in a Scottish accent, why does he have the credentials to be on our coaching staff?

As for the interview with BB, he has said what we all know, for the record I like BB and anyone that comes and slates him on here for the last 2 games need to have a think, am no saying he was the man for the job and for me he wasnt but I also find it so refreshing for someone with at least a bit authority at ER to come out and state what we as fans all see every week. This isnt the mans failings cause he couldnt change things in the last few weeks, he has carried on with dignity and for that I thank BB for what he has done and well tried to do with a bunch of absalute jokers.

Big job Paddy but you will get full support from me and I imagine the majority of Hibs fans.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's all Colin Calderwoods mess. He can **** right off. Hate the man and the urine he extracted.

For me, one of the most worrying comments that I have heard for a while didn't come from anyone related to Hibs and it didn't come from anyone who was at Perth today.

It actually came from the BBC match summariser at Tynecastle who stated that Inverness didn't play today like a team that is bottom of the league. We have been playing that way, bar one or two notable exceptions, for months now. It's surely just a matter of time before it all catches up with us.