hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Is everyone happy with the appointment of Pat Fenlon.

Thoughts everyone.

Cant say i have heard much of Pat Fenlon before last week, but seems to have done very well in his management career so far, hope this is the next step for him at Hibs and he can start moving the team up the table and hopefully add to the squad in January to bolster the team, a playmaker in the midfield would be a great welcome.

C'mon the Hibs. :pfgwa :pfgwa

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    In a word, yes. I'm willing to sit back give the guy some space and enjoy the ride

To support a team like HIBERNIAN FC you have to go with it sometimes ....

His record looks good only time will tell.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thoughts everyone.

Cant say i have heard much of Pat Fenlon before last week, but seems to have done very well in his management career so far, hope this is the next step for him at Hibs and he can start moving the team up the table and hopefully add to the squad in January to bolster the team, a playmaker in the midfield would be a great welcome.

C'mon the Hibs. :pfgwa :pfgwa
    Would have preferred Strachan or Davies, but that was probably never going to happen?

I dont know much about Fenlon other than whats been said on here, but if he's a success, the fans will love him.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    In a word NO have you read this board before ? No chance of everyone being happy. I however think this was a very difficult appointment and hope he is the man as I always do and have no reason based on his record to think he won't do well

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Actually, I'm quite happy and quietly confident! I like how he talk, analyses the situation and is humble in approach to the solution. I really think for the firdst time in years we have a good yin!

Left by mutual consent!
    Delighted.

I’m treading carefully with this one! Not diving in with a 'great appointment' pat on the back for the board but at the same time its rekindled a bit of interest..

His managerial record over the past 9 years has been excellent – 5 league titles and 3 cups. But then that needs to be tempered with the fact that he has achieved this on a big budget relatively speaking - in the League of Ireland - a league / standard of football most of us know very little about. However as they say a winning mentality is a winning mentaility and if he can bring that to Hibs then it can only be a good thing. In his first quote on the Hibs website this morning he made a couple of positive comments straight off the bat about instilling that winning mentality and making some major changes. Exactly what we wanted to hear. I have seen a few interviews on youtube of him from years back and he seems quite fiery and takes no sh*t. I like that – Calderwood was absolute powder puff!

One concern is the Billy Brown situation. Will he remain? If he does then right away Fenlon doesn’t have the scope to bring his own men in and ring the changes! I think BB has a lot to offer but I don’t think it works when the board picks your management team – Fenlon needs to be given total control.

All in all I’m intrigued by this appointment and hope to god he turns out to be a Mowbray!

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    In a word NO have you read this board before ? No chance of everyone being happy. I however think this was a very difficult appointment and hope he is the man as I always do and have no reason based on his record to think he won't do well

Naw this is my first time on Hibs.net.

Have to admit to knowing very little about him which makes this appoint very underwhelming for me. Not been to many game this year and the appointment isn’t really inspiring me to go back anytime soon.

I felt the same about Mowbray so I sincerely hope this works out the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kammy1875 View Post
    Delighted.
    Take it you have collected your winnings from the bookie.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm happy enough with what looks to be an astute appointment. I was scratching my head when Calderwood signed but I can definately see the logic in Fenlon's appointment.

Michael O'Neill was my favourite and Fenlon seems to be in a similar mould - young, ambitious and driven with a track record of winning in his career thus far. If anything in fact, Fenlon's CV is probably slightly more impressive than O'Neill's so I really have no grounds for complaint.

I know next to nothing about him so I'll be reserving judgement on him for the time being.

On paper, Colin Calderwood arguably had a more impressive CV before coming to Hibs than Fenlon does, with his promotion with Nottingham Forest and Northampton in the English leagues and also considering that he was the assistant manager with Newcastle Utd before being appointed Hibs manager. He went on to become one of the worst managerial appointments that the club has ever made.

It just goes to show that it all depends on how an individual fits in with a particular club. Hopefully Fenlon will be the ideal fit for Hibs.

If not, and he ends up being a failure as well, then the positions of the senior board members really will have become untenable.

Left by mutual consent!
    Take it you have collected your winnings from the bookie.

Yeah mate, the weekend before pay day will be all the much sweeter now

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    On paper, Colin Calderwood arguably had a more impressive CV
    "arguably" being the operative word.
    Stevie Wonder could have got Forest out of that league (at the first attempt).

I put a lot of weight on fans opinions of a manager and the Bohs fans are a lot more complimentary of Fenlon than Forest are of Calderwood.

Onwards and upwards Heebs.

I'm nuts about Nutsy! Count me in! The revolution starts here! No time for losers, whingers, half-hearted cynics and naysayers. When I get enthusiasm from a Hibernian manager, that gets me on board. No time for Calderwood or the series of red-faced tried-and-found-mediocre serial SPL buffoons. We got the right man.

Coaching Staff
    Very happy. Just seems the right guy at this time and should be a popular character.

I don't think his and O'Neill's records are similar at all actually. I think Fenlon's is far better over a prolonged period.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanksSaidNo View Post
    I’m treading carefully with this one! Not diving in with a 'great appointment' pat on the back for the board but at the same time its rekindled a bit of interest..

His managerial record over the past 9 years has been excellent – 5 league titles and 3 cups. But then that needs to be tempered with the fact that he has achieved this on a big budget relatively speaking - in the League of Ireland - a league / standard of football most of us know very little about. However as they say a winning mentality is a winning mentaility and if he can bring that to Hibs then it can only be a good thing. In his first quote on the Hibs website this morning he made a couple of positive comments straight off the bat about instilling that winning mentality and making some major changes. Exactly what we wanted to hear. I have seen a few interviews on youtube of him from years back and he seems quite fiery and takes no sh*t. I like that – Calderwood was absolute powder puff!

One concern is the Billy Brown situation. Will he remain? If he does then right away Fenlon doesn’t have the scope to bring his own men in and ring the changes! I think BB has a lot to offer but I don’t think it works when the board picks your management team – Fenlon needs to be given total control.

All in all I’m intrigued by this appointment and hope to god he turns out to be a Mowbray!
    Pure conjecture. It's perfectly possible that Fenlon will wish to keep BB as his assistant - and it's perfectly possible that Fenlon may wish to keep him but Brown may wish to go anyway.

Brown staying doesn't necessarily mean that Fenlon had no say in the matter, just as Brown leaving doesn't necessarily mean that Fenlon didn't want him.

Left by mutual consent!

HKHibby

No never fancied him did not want him or Oneil, he may do well, but a bit of a nobody, dont know much about him apart from managing in the LOI!, if people can say the SPL is garbage! well i would love to here their opinions on the LOI! ...in my opinion 10 times worse!

Neither happy, nor unhappy - but surely all Hibs fans will get behind him at the start of his time with us? I knew nothing about him before his name cropped up, he's given one or two good interviews - but results alone will tell if he's the right man for the job. I hope to see some evidence of changes for the good once he takes over - I don't expect him to get everything right, so he will need some time, but surely we ought to see improvements in fitness, tactics, motivation and the enjoyment of playing for Hibs amongst the guys we've got right away: we shouldn't have to wait for it, some progress should be apparent right from the start. Looking forward to seeing how he copes with the situation.

I wish him all the best, and hope he is a success - he's a Hibby now!
    Last edited by PeeJay; 25-11-2011 at 03:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HKhibby View Post
    No never fancied him did not want him or Oneil, he may do well, but a bit of a nobody, dont know much about him apart from managing in the LOI!, if people can say the SPL is garbage! well i would love to here their opinions on the LOI! ...in my opinion 10 times worse!
    So you have watched a lot of the loi games to make that call..

Didn't know much about the guy before he signed up for his tour of duty, but with what i've watched today, i'm very pleased, seems keen, and will hopefully weed out the non triers at east Mains,

plus Paddy Fenlons Green and White army sounds good!

:pfgwa

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    As always, I'm prepared to give the new manager time. For this season, I'll be happy if he can comfortably keep us up.

He'll have to go some to be worse than the previous two numpties.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

How many LOI games have you watched recently? In fact how many SPL games have you been at recently? I am guessing None and None.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    a few positives that are going in his favour.

1 - No previous connection with the club, decision made without green tinted glasses on.
    2 - Not the choice the fans were calling for. We seen where that got us with Yogi and Mixu
    3 - Has actually acheived something with previous teams winning titles, cups and european football.
    4 - Has a decent nickname already rather than being assigned one like Mixup, Clueless or CoCo by us
    5 - His name fits into the green & white army song
    6 - He isnt Jim Jeffries.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Naw this is my first time on Hibs.net.
    Ye ken what I meant :-)

@hibs.net private member cheltenhamhibee's Avatar
    I'm so glad you've enlightened me on that fact, now i can see why the L.O.I is 10 times worse than the SPL, especially as our Scottish teams continually out perform them in European qualification !!!!

Happy enough with out knowing anything about him. I'm interested to see how he does, hopefully he'll take no nonsense from the players or any of the directors either. Like all the other managers I'll go along and support him. Having said that I don't know if I could have dragged myself along to watch if BB had got the job, I just don't think he has what it takes to be number 1.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I wonder if Man U fans complained about the appointment of Shiralex because he came from a weaker league.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member hibsfan7's Avatar

Cool Is everyone happy with the appointment of Pat Fenlon

An annagram of his name is nanet flop