hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar

Hearts cut backs

As many as 19 players will be out of contract.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...medium=twitter

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Coaching Staff
    We should get in for Prychenko. I think he will be class.

Aye it will certainly be a different Hearts next year. Almost want them to stay in business actually and see them get hammered every week. A quick death would still be fine with me though.

Ouch, Skacel and Balogh gone in January for nought then.

On Jan 1st, they'll be demanding decent fees to let them go. Come the 31st, a working light bulb and duck tape will be enough to sign most of them!

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should get in for Prychenko. I think he will be class.

Aye it will certainly be a different Hearts next year. Almost want them to stay in business actually and see them get hammered every week. A quick death would still be fine with me though.
    Didn't you read the evening news last night where there was a two page spread on how the current hearts under 19s plus Webster are going to take the SPL by storm?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Nice to see they've given Barr a contract until summer 2014

Stevenson recently earned his first Scotland cap?

Naw, he never.

Obsessed with the Hibees
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    Nice to see they've given Barr a contract until summer 2014
    I think that's a miss print. Those including Barr and Driver are out of contract in summer 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bruno View Post
    I think that's a miss print. Those including Barr and Driver are out of contract in summer 2013
    This seems to be right about Barr according to this article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...an/8479833.stm

When is he due to become captain?

Bruno, as one of the more enlightened and civil individuals amongst the Yam following (i.e. a rare breed ), what is your reaction to the developments at your club over the last fortnight?

Surprised? Gutted? Underwhelmed?

Oh, jings, anyone else having difficulty fending off the Schadenfreude?

Oh, how they used to mock Hibs for having to rely on a youth policy and low wages and being unable to afford the expensive imports (who would take them well beyond our peasant level and guarantee Champions League glory).

Oh, how we were the poor relations who were being left behind due to our poverty of ambition and just general poverty full stop. Gipsy caravans - the best we could hope for.

Oh, how the Big Team would prove how hugely wonderful they were and how lucky we, the Wee Team, were just to exist in their glorious shadow. Until they had had enough playing with us and moved on to cosying up to richer playmates like Barcelona and Man U.

Oh, how they mocked those who had to live within their means and who could not compete with those who borrowed millions and millions that weren't actually debts at all but just money owed to themselves!

Oh, how they laughed!

Oh, how are the mighty fallen!

Obsessed with the Hibees
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    Bruno, as one of the more enlightened and civil individuals amongst the Yam following (i.e. a rare breed ), what is your reaction to the developments at your club over the last fortnight? Surprised? Gutted? Underwhelmed?
    I'd have to say i'm suprised at the severity and quickness of the situation but as usual there is so little info coming our way nobody really knows the outcome. There have been so many near misses that I guess many fans thought this was yet another storm in a tea cup. I must admit I was sort of here we go again but soon realised this is it for real. I'm personally delighted so many under achieving high earners will go. I'll miss kello skacel templeton and webster if they go but the rest will be consigned to a part of history quickly forgotten. I'm excited about some 19's at last getting a chance but tempered with nerves obviously. Do i think the end of Romanov. Yes. The end of Hearts. Possibly because no one in their right mind will pump money into the abyss. My only real concern is Romanov will be too stubborn and not ask for a realistic get out price and that could well be the end of the club as we know it.

I'd have to say i'm suprised at the severity and quickness of the situation
    It's not as if there were any warning signs that you could have all seen

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I'd have to say i'm suprised at the severity and quickness of the situation but as usual there is so little info coming our way nobody really knows the outcome. There have been so many near misses that I guess many fans thought this was yet another storm in a tea cup. I must admit I was sort of here we go again but soon realised this is it for real. I'm personally delighted so many under achieving high earners will go. I'll miss kello skacel templeton and webster if they go but the rest will be consigned to a part of history quickly forgotten. I'm excited about some 19's at last getting a chance but tempered with nerves obviously. Do i think the end of Romanov. Yes. The end of Hearts. Possibly because no one in their right mind will pump money into the abyss. My only real concern is Romanov will be too stubborn and not ask for a realistic get out price and that could well be the end of the club as we know it.
    You're pulling one off here, right?

Surprised at the severity? Really? With stay of execution after stay of execution, it was always going to escalate quickly when Romanov decided he had had enough. He doesn't seem to me like the kind of person who works on long-term plans and that's been obvious since the start really. The manner in which he has dealt with personnel at Hearts should have been evidence enough that nothing is quite done "over time".

When the "big name" players start to evacuate the club and the 19's are thrown into the deep end and expected to sustain Hearts' existence, we'll see how loyal those who are owed money by the club are. If they start to realise that as a club on the pitch, Hearts are in trouble, it won't be too long before the creditors come knocking on the door before it all goes tits up.

One of my close friends is a regular first team player and genuinely doesn't know which way is up at the minute - the way information is related from the top down is a shambles - as has been the entire tenure of "Mr Romanov".
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by PapillonVert View Post
    Oh, jings, anyone else having difficulty fending off the Schadenfreude?
    The massive off-load at Flump Central is just the start. I really hope the plug isn't pulled now and we can see how they are on a level playing field. They've been staving off being a very average side for 30 years on the back of debt, first with that fat tory person, then the Pieman and last but not least His Vladness. Each one ramping up the hock more and more. Also in that time, for what they have spent, they have underachieved on a huge scale. That fat tory guy was the first person in Scottish football to call it a "business", with "customers" instead of fans and all that guff. Now, they've shot their load and thirty years of attempting bigteamness has to be paid for. It's Business Time.

Obsessed with the Hibees
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    You're pulling one off here, right? Surprised at the severity? Really? With stay of execution after stay of execution, it was always going to escalate quickly when Romanov decided he had had enough. He doesn't seem to me like the kind of person who works on long-term plans and that's been obvious since the start really. The manner in which he has dealt with personnel at Hearts should have been evidence enough that nothing is quite done "over time". When the "big name" players start to evacuate the club and the 19's are thrown into the deep end and expected to sustain Hearts' existence, we'll see how loyal those who are owed money by the club are. If they start to realise that as a club on the pitch, Hearts are in trouble, it won't be too long before the creditors come knocking on the door before it all goes tits up. One of my close friends is a regular first team player and genuinely doesn't know which way is up at the minute - the way information is related from the top down is a shambles - as has been the entire tenure of "Mr Romanov".
    Maybe severity was the wrong term. I was just meaning the brutal quickness after so many close misses. We all knew it wouldn't couldn't last but expected bit more of a gradual withdrawl.

I'd have to say i'm suprised at the severity and quickness of the situation
    Just think of the consideration, time and contemplation he invested when he sacked Burley.

I don't think Vlad's mad by the way, talks a lot of truth in his own manner. Could be bi-polar though.

I think you'll find that some of us on here have kind of hinted occasionally here and there along the way, just once or twice like, that this was the likely outcome.

Perhaps in hindsight we were just a tad too subtle in conveying our concerns, do you think?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Maybe severity was the wrong term. I was just meaning the brutal quickness after so many close misses. We all knew it wouldn't couldn't last but expected bit more of a gradual withdrawl.
    I'd be genuinely interested to know if there is anyone out there (supporters trusts', group of wealthy businessmen of the Hearts persuasion etc) who has a "plan B" set up, who actually anticipated this coming to fruition.

If not, considering all of the warning signs, it would be hugely complacent in my eyes.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Left by mutual consent!
    Firstly - you're by no way the worst Mini Hun we've had on this forum. You do have a modicum of sense.

A gradual withdrawal....oh my sides.

I'm waiting for the final ***-shot.....and it's cumming....

...it's no longer premature congratulations...

Testimonial Due
    I don't think I could have done a better job of ****ing up that football club.

They now have only 3 or 4 players who would bring in a reasonable transfer fee (zaliukus, templeton, driver and overhyped stevenson).

Templeton and Driver are the two that could be £1m+ but have went off the boil - when fit - so no guarantees they will get an offer that Vlad would agree to. If they are still on the books in the summer their values will have dropped further due to having one year left only. Will Driver be injured through another transfer window?

They will struggle to shift a lot of them before their contract expires without paying them off which they cant afford. Barr, Hammill, Grainger, Elliott.... in fact most of the prix, are seriously overpaid and will never get a club willing to pay close to their current wages.

This latest generation of Kingstons will be happy to sit tight till their contracts expire although they will work a bit harder for their (delayed) wages.

I grow to appreciate Sir Vlad more and more.

Surprise to see Susan's still at the club. I reckon he'll decide to 'wait' out his contract.

@hibs.net private member
    Its how these things go Bruno. They spend a long time just making a payment or getting a week or two's grace to come up with the cash when it's plain to see the cash is not only not there, it's reducing all the time. Its a bit like a duck in that looks serene top the onlooker but underneath its chaos. Then one day it goes pop and all hell breaks loose.

The sad thing is a lot of decent Yams have been swept along and all dissent has been ridiculed. The really bad thing is there are still a lot of Yams who have no comprehension the sheight they are in and are still, to a degree, in denial. The "We owe it to ourselves" brigade.

The amount who think there is a queue of folk with £20m+ that are just willing to throw it away is astounding, it really is.

The best thing that can happen to Hearts (from a yam point of view) is that 1/ UBIG + UKIO goes pop as well or 2/ Vlad snuffs it.
    Last edited by Kaiser1962; 23-11-2011 at 08:58 PM.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    I'd be genuinely interested to know if there is anyone out there (supporters trusts', group of wealthy businessmen of the Hearts persuasion etc) who has a "plan B" set up, who actually anticipated this coming to fruition.

If not, considering all of the warning signs, it would be hugely complacent in my eyes.
    The issue Scott is that the plan b on paper at least requires 50million quid nobody has that. The only way this works is vlad taking next to nothing and maybe renting them the dump as someone tries to reduce the debt,while playing laddies the crowds will drop and even going down won't change that as they won't win the way we did down there(as they can't spend their way back up). Shame really

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey® View Post
    Firstly - you're by no way the worst Mini Hun we've had on this forum. You do have a modicum of sense.

A gradual withdrawal....oh my sides.

I'm waiting for the final ***-shot.....and it's cumming....

...it's no longer premature congratulations...
    could be worse

it's not like they've been captured by Barbary Corsairs

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    could be worse

it's not like they've been captured by Barbary Corsairs
    You ever been to Roots Hall?

Obsessed with the Hibees
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey® View Post
    Firstly - you're by no way the worst Mini Hun we've had on this forum. You do have a modicum of sense. A gradual withdrawal....oh my sides. I'm waiting for the final ***-shot.....and it's cumming.... ...it's no longer premature congratulations...
    Mini hun oh very good you've not lost your tremendous rapier wit in your moment of glory. I don't post a lot on here generally just an interested observer. I certainly never post about finances as I really don't know. I'll discuss games teams players especialy the 19's all day as rather stick to what i know best. Just out of interest as i know there are a few learned men on here particuarly caversham who i always enjoy reading his take on finances. I wonder why Romanov is settling tax bills etc when surely he will never get even a percentage of the money he has wasted over the years. Why doesn't he just pull the plug.what income can he hope to genuinely raise that will outstrip the current running costs. Sure he may get few hundred thousand for driver kello or templeton but nothing approaching covering season's costs

@hibs.net private member
    Mini hun oh very good you've not lost your tremendous rapier wit in your moment of glory. I don't post a lot on here generally just an interested observer. I certainly never post about finances as I really don't know. I'll discuss games teams players especialy the 19's all day as rather stick to what i know best. Just out of interest as i know there are a few learned men on here particuarly caversham who i always enjoy reading his take on finances. I wonder why Romanov is settling tax bills etc when surely he will never get even a percentage of the money he has wasted over the years. Why doesn't he just pull the plug.what income can he hope to genuinely raise that will outstrip the current running costs. Sure he may get few hundred thousand for driver kello or templeton but nothing approaching covering season's costs

By doing so the situation remains in his control.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Because Romanov wil want to recover as much money as possible. If the tax man was to force Hearts into administration/receivership, Vlad would no longer have any control.