hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Sponsor a fellow Hibee to raise money for the Dnipro appeal?

On the last Wednesday of January, I am going to be dipping my toe into the water of stand-up comedy.

I am notorious for having the worst jokes around and this could potentially be something of an embarrasment for myself, but I'll be doing this in aid of charity, and any money that I raise I shall pass on to the Dnipro appeal. You can donate at www.justgiving.com/mattshawtalksfunny (shamelessly stolen from Dara O'Brien)

I'll have details on the venue as well, so feel free to attend. I'll make sure to have some material lined up about the scarf twirling, stadium breaking, sex offending yams ready to go

Mods, feel free to move if appropriate.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 21-11-2011 at 11:23 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the last Wednesday of January, I am going to be dipping my toe into the water of stand-up comedy.

I am notorious for having the worst jokes around and this could potentially be something of an embarrasment for myself, but I'll be doing this in aid of charity, and any money that I raise I shall pass on to the Dnipro appeal. You can donate at www.justgiving.com/mattshawtalksfunny (shamelessly stolen from Dara O'Brien)

I'll have details on the venue as well, so feel free to attend. I'll make sure to have some material lined up about the scarf twirling, stadium breaking, sex offending yams ready to go

Mods, feel free to move if appropriate.
    Well done on doing this. I tried the Just giving thing and it kept telling me I don't have a password. I do as I have donated via this before. So do you have a paypal account please. P.M me the details please. If not I will donate via cash at Hibs v Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by mickki40 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well done on doing this. I tried the Just giving thing and it kept telling me I don't have a password. I do as I have donated via this before. So do you have a paypal account please. P.M me the details please. If not I will donate via cash at Hibs v Rangers
    I won't be making many games in the next couple of months, **** has hit the fan at my work and doing 60 hour weeks for the forseeable future.Will pm you my Paypal account when I get home.

Right, quick update on this - I've got a new job so the date I was away to do this isn't viable anymore, but I will now have weekends.

Does anyone know any places in Edinburgh that do stand-up on a Saturday, and any info/contacts? If it's done in Edinburgh, any Hibs material/yam baiting is less likely to fall flat, so works well for me

First Team Breakthrough francobaresi's Avatar
    Why don't you try the Hibs Club at Sunnyside, the audience would be eating out of your hands or throwing peanuts at you... And it's funds going in the right direction for everyone concerned...

Bump. 'Mon folks, it's a good cause
    This is how it feels

Right, this has been sorted.

It's happening a week on Wednesday (the 29th) at the Arbroath Westport Bar. Tried to get it in Edinburgh but didn't want it to drag on any longer, and been able to get a spot on a night that's free entry.

If you want to donate via JustGiving, the link is at the top of the page. If you'd rather donate via Paypal, PM me for the address. I'll collect cash on the night too for Dnipro just in case any Hibees live in the Arbroath area.

If it goes well, might still try and get one in Leith so we can have a good laugh at HaHaHearts.

GGTTH