hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should we have a fire sale too

After watching the first half on Saturday I saw 5 players i would let go right now by mutual consent

Micheal Hart
    Danny Gailbraith
    Lewis Stevenson
    Ivan Sproule
    O Hanlon (the new colin Murdock)

there are I think at least 5 to 10 others that could go right now

I await the Sproule supporters getting on to me but ask yourself what has he done since he came back

2. Log in to remove the advert

Mutual consent requires pay-offs, do you want to contribute? No way should the club be spending millions to get rid of players we brought in. If these players aren't good enough they should be back up, if they're the best of a bad bunch then so be it. No Scottish club is in a position to be terminating players contracts willy nilly.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After watching the first half on Saturday I saw 5 players i would let go right now by mutual consent

Micheal Hart
    Danny Gailbraith
    Lewis Stevenson
    Ivan Sproule

I await the Sproule supporters getting on to me but ask yourself what has he done since he came back

You can add the likes of Murray, Agogo, Sodje, Thornhill, Scott and Palsson.

A whole new unworkable legacy really.

Is Lewis Stevenson our new Marmite Man? For everyone that doesn't rate him he has a supporter. Reminds me of the John Rankin debate, is 100% enough? Personally, I thought him and Stephens were the only pluses lon Saturday.

Michael (f)hart looked like he'd never played football before on Saturday. Surely he's played his last game?

Blog Entries

Micheal Hart
    Danny Gailbraith
    Lewis Stevenson
    Ivan Sproule

Opinions eh? I thought Stevenson was our best player on Saturday, and that O'Hanlon had a decent shift a well - looks more comfortable with Stephens than he does with Murray or Hanlon. Couldnt disagree with Hart - not one for the future Im afraid, and Ivan is a good guy to have in the squad. Galbraith frustrates the hell out of me - theres a player in there somewhere.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Is Lewis Stevenson our new Marmite Man? For everyone that doesn't rate him he has a supporter. Reminds me of the John Rankin debate, is 100% enough? Personally, I thought him and Stephens were the only pluses lon Saturday.
    Stevenson hasn't progressed and should leave for a fresh start for the sake of his career.

I would keep Stack, Stephens, Hanlon, Booth, Wotherspoon and Ozzy. The rest I couldn't care less if released.

I think what we should be doing is asking why guys who have either been good elsewhere, or shown promise with us, end up turning into unfit, mistake making huddies.

I'd love to know what the hell Evans and Stevenson do with these guys in training, because this huddie syndrome has been prevalent since they turned up.

I agree with the poster above I feel a back room clearout is due as well lets have a fresh start sometime i think Tam McCourt is doing everything maybe thats the common thing here it TAM

TAM MUST GO

We wouldn't have equalised on Saturday if it hadn't been for Sproule's determination chasing a ball which was all but out for a goal kick.

There are some players lacking confidence and some who just aren't too interested but Sproule will always try his best.

I think the views on Stevenson are a bit harsh. If everyone had the determination to win the ball back like he does we would be in a different position

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermac View Post
    We wouldn't have equalised on Saturday if it hadn't been for Sproule's determination chasing a ball which was all but out for a goal kick.

There are some players lacking confidence and some who just aren't too interested but Sproule will always try his best.
    From where I was sitting it was out!

@hibs.net private member
    WTF?? Based upon saturday , Stevenson would not only be kept but appointed captain. I'm would also disagree with binning Hart on the basis of Saturday. I assume he was subbed as he isn't that great going forward, i certainly don't recall him making too many errors defensively....of course BB may have been listening to 'supporters' sitting behind him that had already decided that Hart was going to be rubbish prior to a ball being kicked.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by Kammy1875 View Post
    Stevenson hasn't progressed and should leave for a fresh start for the sake of his career.

I would keep Stack, Stephens, Hanlon, Booth, Wotherspoon and Ozzy. The rest I couldn't care less if released.
    Toatlly agree, all young ish and clearly have a future.

The rest are a disgrace, Galbraith heads the list for me as his lack of quality astounds me, he has NOTHING that he brings to a game??

Palsson also annoys me a bit as he looked like he has potential, i think he could be good if he had the correct 'dedicated' group of players around him!!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Hibee View Post
    Toatlly agree, all young ish and clearly have a future.

The rest are a disgrace, Galbraith heads the list for me as his lack of quality astounds me, he has NOTHING that he brings to a game??

Palsson also annoys me a bit as he looked like he has potential, i think he could be good if he had the correct 'dedicated' group of players around him!!!!
    Stevenson and Danny G are in the same boat, it's "give them time" they are both never the standard we should have at the club.

Danny Galbraith, except Parkhead has done nothing at our football club and Stevenson has one good game in about 10.

Agreed also about Palsson, he could be decent if he wasn't so half arsed.

@hibs.net private member
    Galbraith is like Alan O' Brien. He's quick and that is it. I wouldn't disagree that Lewis hasn't developed as player in the last 4 years. I would look at the coaching at the club as a possible cause. however on Saturday he was our best player

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    Galbraith is like Alan O' Brien. He's quick and that is it. I wouldn't disagree that Lewis hasn't developed as player in the last 4 years. I would look at the coaching at the club as a possible cause. however on Saturday he was our best player
    He was our best player, before then he was good against Hearts. Since then he's been inconsistent and rubbish.

Lewis was amazing on that amazing day but he's not got it at the level we need to aspire to be at and it's time he left the club. How he got a new deal in the summer after contributing little under CC before then is baffling.

@hibs.net private member
    Whilst Lewis Stevenson has not played at the cup final level he has been our best player in the last two games.

@hibs.net private member

Micheal Hart
    Danny Gailbraith
    Lewis Stevenson
    Ivan Sproule

A Fire sale presumes that anyone wants to pay for the players in question and that would be by no means guaranteed at the moment - otherwise Hibs would have to pay THEM to leave which would just be bloody stupid!

In any case - this rip it up and start again theory is fatally flawed. Sure there are some players in our squad who are not coming up to standard, but there are others who are lacking confidence/lacking fitness/lacking a settled role in a team with no leadership.

We need to get a bloody good manager in who in turn needs to sign a couple of GOOD players in key positions to enable this team to start putting some points on the board. Then - in the summer after all these players have had the chance to prove themselves to their new manager within HIS system - a clear out can ensue.

Sportscene froze the picture at the moment Sproule cut the ball back and it was bang on the line from what I saw.

On the wider issue, Ivan Sproule will never be the most talented footballer in the world but he is enthusiastic, determined and contributes with assists. He is well down in my list of players that I would like to see the back of.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    If he had not have chased a lost cause it would never have asked the question

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Sportscene froze the picture at the moment Sproule cut the ball back and it was bang on the line from what I saw.

On the wider issue, Ivan Sproule will never be the most talented footballer in the world but he is enthusiastic, determined and contributes with assists. He is well down in my list of players that I would like to see the back of.
    Usually I would agree but if he's on decent money it could be argued it could be spent better.

I would guess he's probably one of our top earners and in my eyes he doesn't merit this with being enthusiastic.

Coaching Staff
    It sums up how bad we are when we are talking about Stevenson maybe being our best player on account of running about a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kammy1875 View Post
    Usually I would agree but if he's on decent money it could be argued it could be spent better.

I would guess he's probably one of our top earners and in my eyes he doesn't merit this with being enthusiastic.
    It's one attribute more than most of the other players have, put together.

Whether it's correct or not, I obviously don't know but most of our players look as if they're not fussed half the time. At least you know that's not true with Sproule.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Micheal Hart
    Danny Gailbraith
    Lewis Stevenson
    Ivan Sproule

With this years posted losses I think we may have to sell before we can buy in January to any great extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It sums up how bad we are when we are talking about Stevenson maybe being our best player on account of running about a bit.
    Yep
    a player that would struggle to get a game for any other SPL side IMO.

That's the state we're in I guess.

Not sure how much worse we can actually get.

The ball was out i sit in the FF on the left it was out

I am not having a go for players having effort but i would not expect someone to fix my car and show effort.

go to the hibs web site and look through the players we have just not good enough we need a clean out from backroom staff to playing staff

Left by mutual consent!
    A sale? For the likes of Hart you'd be better calling the cooncil for a curb side collection.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    It's one attribute more than most of the other players have, put together.

Whether it's correct or not, I obviously don't know but most of our players look as if they're not fussed half the time. At least you know that's not true with Sproule.
    All correct mate, I don't disagree with his attitude but hopefully a new manager comes in who has players in mind to come to the club with the correct "Ivan" attitude and if that's the case then, if Ivan is a top earner I would try to negotiate his contract or try to offload and bring someone else in with a good attitude who could perhaps bring more to the table.