hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Steve O'Reilly

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304

Steve O'Reilly

No wonder Terry Butcher was less than impressed with this idiot during Saturday's game against the Tims in Inverness.

I wonder where he fits into the "anti-Celtc conspiracy", as this is far from the first controversial decision he had made this season which benefited them.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Absolutely shocking decision.

Not only should this red card be rescinded, without Inverness even having to appeal but Stevie O'Reilly should be demoted to the Highland League for the next month.

I'm not even certain that Tansey committed a foul, so to get sent off for that is just a disgrace.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I thought it was just a foul, no need for samaras to go down as if shot, and less need for the ref to get his card out so quickly.

With all the crap they did last season hounding ref's and the SFA, its no surprise the authorities and the match officials are scared to give anything against them now, and over react when they see their players fall over at the slightest touch.

Their whinging has worked.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought it was just a foul, no need for samaras to go down as if shot, and less need for the ref to get his card out so quickly.

With all the crap they did last season hounding ref's and the SFA, its no surprise the authorities and the match officials are scared to give anything against them now, and over react when they see their players fall over at the slightest touch.

Their whinging has worked.
    Imagine, just imagine it was the other way about and the tranny was sent off.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Lets not forget the controversy surrounding this idiot when he sent off Jennings in the Motherwell v Hearts game.

The man is an utter fud.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    Lets not forget the controversy surrounding this idiot when he sent off Jennings in the Motherwell v Hearts game.The man is an utter fud.
    Was that the one that has been in the papers with shreks dad?. I don't think that was the refs fault was it or am I wrong?

Lets not forget the controversy surrounding this idiot when he sent off Jennings in the Motherwell v Hearts game.The man is an utter fud.
    Was that the one that has been in the papers with shreks dad?. I don't think that was the refs fault was it or am I wrong?

Lets not forget the controversy surrounding this idiot when he sent off Jennings in the Motherwell v Hearts game.

The man is an utter fud.
    The controversy surrounding that incident was solely because Steve Jennings allegedly got himself sent off deliberately because of a huge betting scam.

I don't think there's any suggestion that O'Reilly was in on the alleged plot and by all accounts he had no option but to send Jennings off that night.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    The controversy surrounding that incident was solely because Steve Jennings allegedly got himself sent off deliberately because of a huge betting scam.

I don't think there's any suggestion that O'Reilly was in on the alleged plot and by all accounts he had no option but to send Jennings off that night.
    So why mention it in regards to this incident then?

I think he's saw Tansey have a look at Samaras just before he jumps and he does raise his arm. Doesn't make it a sending off but though.

Some refs wouldve gave a simple free kick against Stokes 3 seconds earlier and taken the heat out of the situation.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    One of the worst decisions I have seen in years. He wasnt in a position to see what type of challenge it was as Samaras had his back to him. There is no way that a ref should be red carding unless he is absolutely sure that he is correct he couldnt be in this instance as there was no foul. His wrong decision fundamentally changed the game and therefore he should be demoted immediately IMO.

To top it all he doesnt feel the need after the game to explain the decision to a manager that has been wronged. To be honest there is no way on this earth that a Celtc player would have been sent off in the same circumstances at Parkhead and if Lennon had then indicated the manager hadnt explained the decision then likely the ref would have been phoning a local double glazing salesman this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    So why mention it in regards to this incident then?

I think he's saw Tansey have a look at Samaras just before he jumps and he does raise his arm. Doesn't make it a sending off but though.

Some refs wouldve gave a simple free kick against Stokes 3 seconds earlier and taken the heat out of the situation.
    It was brought up by someone else earlier in the thread and I was simply responding to those comments.

First Team Breakthrough DCI Gene Hunt's Avatar
    Some of my mates up here in Schneck were at the game, and discussing it in the pub on Saturday night were understandably livid.

Typical Smell'ick foul, minimal contact, nothing in it, Smelly collapses like a sack of spuds dropped from great altitude/great big lassie/Yam, other player gets carded. Bizarre.

Thought Tel's rant was quite funny, the guy did have a point though.

Gene

Left by mutual consent!

The man is an utter fud.
    What about last season when Jelavic rammed the head on Paul Hanlon and the dirty little ****ing prick poofed it to send the hun prick off ???

Left by mutual consent!
    What I have heard since is the Ref didn't have the best of views and that the fourth official or the lino would have.

After last season's McDonald incident it's clear the ref, if advised by any of the officials after his decision that he got it wrong has **** himself to reverse the decision. This means Celtic win and the pressure they have put on officials is paying off correct call or not. It's pathetic.

Have you seen that incident? Of course he had an option. Jennings was given a straight red for tapping the referee on the shoulder. You add in the fact that he (the ref) had a shocker in a Pars game the week before and the same week (the week before?) in England, Scotland Captain Darren Fletcher man handled a referee with nothing happening.

Or add in Boughera being only given a yellow for slapping a referees hand away for Rangers.

The fact the referee's performance has never been brought into question is absolutely disgraceful (especially when Jennings could have done something a lot worse to be sent off - since he was booked after about 10 minutes in the game for a "good - professional foul").

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    A ref giving a wrong decision against ICT only causes a ripple and perhaps a fine for Butcher from the SFA, who always manage to find their baws when the offending team's name doesn't begin with Glasgow. A wrong decision against Celtc just now brings ill advised comments from clergy, suited and booted sharp lawyers, and en masse outcry from supporters, who also believe that we never went to the moon and are paid up members of the grassy-knoll shooting club.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellfan1984 View Post
    Have you seen that incident? Of course he had an option. Jennings was given a straight red for tapping the referee on the shoulder. You add in the fact that he (the ref) had a shocker in a Pars game the week before and the same week (the week before?) in England, Scotland Captain Darren Fletcher man handled a referee with nothing happening.

Or add in Boughera being only given a yellow for slapping a referees hand away for Rangers.

The fact the referee's performance has never been brought into question is absolutely disgraceful (especially when Jennings could have done something a lot worse to be sent off - since he was booked after about 10 minutes in the game for a "good - professional foul").
    Did he not (allegedly) say something to the referee that got him sent off as well?

Coaching Staff

His second booking was for foul and abusive language, not placing his hands on the ref IIRC. It was in the referees report.

He is however overly officious and ruins the flow of a game. For once I agreed with Billy Dodds in his recent assessment of him. However it was difficult to make out what Dodds was saying as the reception was crackly and I was getting Dave and Sky News appearing on my screen due to the size of his satellite dish ears on Sportscene.

Did he not (allegedly) say something to the referee that got him sent off as well?
    Supposedly - he said "any-chance of a penalty ref" and tbf at first look it looked a stonewaller (we were 1-0 down at the time - as was our third claim in the match). Honestly watch the replay then watch any game of football from U12's to seniors and tell me why there are not about 10 sending offs a match if what Jennings did left no choice for the referee.

Supposedly - he said "any-chance of a penalty ref" and tbf at first look it looked a stonewaller (we were 1-0 down at the time - as was our third claim in the match). Honestly watch the replay then watch any game of football from U12's to seniors and tell me why there are not about 10 sending offs a match if what Jennings did left no choice for the referee.
    I have seen the incident. I have always been under the impression since it happened that he was sent off because of what he said and not because of what he did.

If that's not the case then I stand corrected.

That's the thing. Nae-one but O'Reilly knows why he was sent off. And his history (the Pars game before for example) means he probably doesn't even know. It was a weird one anyway. And if the betting scandal is one, then Jennings is a lucky boy as there are a lot easier ways to get sent off (and a lot better - especially against Hearts).