hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Can we put this to bed now?

We seem to have a lot of our fans who are still convinced we have good players, and a team good enough to challenge at the top end, even compete for 4th.

Even Ian Murray was saying this in last nights evening news?????????????

We are crap, we dont have a midfield, and you just know we will always concede goals. This is an awful team, one that is in a relegation fight.

David Stephens and Paul Hanlon apart, yesterdays team were outplayed at home against Kilmarnock, Kil****inmarnock. Yes we scrapped a draw, but its another point that only papers over the cracks of a god awful football team.

I did not believe anyone could come in and do a worse job than calderclown, but brown managed that in his first game.

1 up front, 2 wingers playing on our own full backs toes, and Michael Hart WTF.

Garry O'Conner, yes he was isolated by browns tactics was awful for 90 minutes yesterday, what did he do that was so good he managed to stay on the park apart from win the toss?

Has anyone seen us out passed as much at home before, none of our players look as comfortable on the ball as their opponent yesterday.

For me i just dont understand where anyone who says we have good players, players as good as most of these teams above us are coming from, i must watch a completely different game?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    We have a few good players but a piss-poor squad

Until the board stop allowing successive managers to waste their budgets on journeymen this won't change

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    I had to turn off the radio at 1-1 because i was going out. I didn't realise that Kilmarnock knocked in another 9 goals in the last half hour.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had to turn off the radio at 1-1 because i was going out. I didn't realise that Kilmarnock knocked in another 9 goals in the last half hour.
    Its this that makes me laugh, deny it all you like, but we were murdered yesterday football wise. Yes we scrapped a draw, but we are miles behind Kilmarnock and others above us in terms of how to play the game.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    We are really pish but our recent managers haven't been able to get the best out of the players. If we can get a manager who gets players wanting to play for him then we will be able to see them at their best. For me I'd only keep 3 or 4 but it remains to be seen how they'll play under a new manager.

The notion that we're a top four side in hiding is a joke. Apart from February, those players have been so bad that you would never ever back them to win even two on the bounce. You'd be hard pushed to think they'd win any game to be honest.

The league's tight, none of the teams around us are particularly good, but there's no evidence at all to think we're going to progress at all unless things change massively.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Its this that makes me laugh, deny it all you like, but we were murdered yesterday football wise. Yes we scrapped a draw, but we are miles behind Kilmarnock and others above us in terms of how to play the game.
    Yip

Left by mutual consent!
    You right Gary.. We were played off the park yesterday...

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    We seem to have a lot of our fans who are still convinced we have good players, and a team good enough to challenge at the top end, even compete for 4th.

We are crap, we dont have a midfield, and you just know we will always concede goals. This is an awful team, one that is in a relegation fight.

David Stephens and Paul Hanlon apart, yesterdays team were outplayed at home against Kilmarnock, Kil****inmarnock. Yes we scrapped a draw, but its another point that only papers over the cracks of a god awful football team.

I did not believe anyone could come in and do a worse job than calderclown, but brown managed that in his first game.

Garry O'Conner, yes he was isolated by browns tactics was awful for 90 minutes yesterday, what did he do that was so good he managed to stay on the park apart from win the toss?

Has anyone seen us out passed as much at home before, none of our players look as comfortable on the ball as their opponent yesterday.

For me i just dont understand where anyone who says we have good players, players as good as most of these teams above us are coming from, i must watch a completely different game?

Yogi's 11 Vs Present 11. What would be the score after 90mins BH.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    This is not unlike the tosh that John Rankin was feeding the papers with last season. We were always one win away from going on a great run and top four was still on. Made me wish that when reporters come asking for a line, they should just be offered...no comment.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Yogi's 11 Vs Present 11. What would be the score after 90mins BH.
    Yogi's team would pish all over this lot of crap. Stokes and Riordan alone would win the game easily.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax

I said it was the team / players that got CC the sack. I'm not saying that he would have turned things around but I didn't think all the blame leveled at him was justified.

I / we were told that nobody could do worse than CC but it seems that that's not exactly true.
    Last edited by HibsMax; 20-11-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    We have a few good players but a piss-poor squad

Until the board stop allowing successive managers to waste their budgets on journeymen this won't change
    perhaps journeymen is all they will pay for

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Out of Calderwoods signings I woud keep Osbourne Scott and possibly Thornhill. The rest can do one for me. It is no coincidence that they are on longer contracts whilst the dross finish up in the summer. I never got the questioning if this tactic. If they worked out we renegotiated if not its Ta Ta. I still think there is enough in th squad to be top five or six easily and challenging. Having said that the quality that is there needs to get their finger out consistently. a settled side might help.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    I said it was the team / players that hit CC the sack. I'm not saying that he would have turned things around but I didn't think all the blame leveled at him was justified.

I / we were told that nobody could do worse than CC but it seems that that's not exactly true.
    I bet you are glad now, he was not given until xmas now? I agree max, the players did get him the sack, he did bring 14 of them in. IMO that justified his sacking.

Whoever the new man is, has ANOTHER team building job to do. This lot are awful, and at least needs 8 new players to be good enough for a european challenge. Saying that, we have a much bigger problem first, and thats staying up.

Testimonial Due
    So we were murder yesterday and we got a point. Not really that bad in that case is it. Either we are good enough not to get beat when we are murder, or they are not good enough to beat us when we are murder.

None the less all the best in your persuit of the next manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    So we were murder yesterday and we got a point. Not really that bad in that case is it. Either we are good enough not to get beat when we are murder, or they are not good enough to beat us when we are murder.

None the less all the best in your persuit of the next manager.
    So you enjoyed our display? You enjoyed the way we chased shadows all over the pitch for the best part of the game?

What did we do yesterday, or indeed this season that tells us we are good enough for a european challenge?

An answer would be nice, rather than going off in a tangent as you usually do?

Spot on.

Testimonial Due
    So you enjoyed our display? You enjoyed the way we chased shadows all over the pitch for the best part of the game?

What did we do yesterday, or indeed this season that tells us we are good enough for a european challenge?

An answer would be nice, rather than going off in a tangent as you usually do?
    How entertaining the one that has no ability to answer a question, and only has one view - negative.

I thought we were crap in the first half and much better in the second. Brown tried a few different things yesterday, was not afraid to make changes at half time, and....oh yeah that was his first game in change.

As to whether or not we can make it into 4th, I dont know, I perhaps doubt it, but it seems a little funny that you are having a go at the team for not being able to finish 4th when most of your recent crit of everything to do with hibs has focused on us being relegated. Anything to have a go eh.

Have a look at the results in the rest of the league yesterday, does anything make you think that the teams above us are much better / much more consistant?

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There is no out and out certainty for relegation this year like Hamilton were last year.

Supportera of supposed top six clubs like Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hearts should be very, very afraid.

How entertaining the one that has no ability to answer a question, and only has one view - negative.

I thought we were crap in the first half and much better in the second. Brown tried a few different things yesterday, was not afraid to make changes at half time, and....oh yeah that was his first game in change.

As to whether or not we can make it into 4th, I dont know, I perhaps doubt it, but it seems a little funny that you are having a go at the team for not being able to finish 4th when most of your recent crit of everything to do with hibs has focused on us being relegated. Anything to have a go eh.

Have a look at the results in the rest of the league yesterday, does anything make you think that the teams above us are much better / much more consistant?
    Oh yes, i do believe those above us are better, they dont have to be much better but they are. I see you dont think we will finish 4th now, well thats funny, whats changed? Why are we getting these results, who's to blame now?

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Out of Calderwoods signings I woud keep Osbourne Scott and possibly Thornhill. The rest can do one for me. It is no coincidence that they are on longer contracts whilst the dross finish up in the summer. I never got the questioning if this tactic. If they worked out we renegotiated if not its Ta Ta. I still think there is enough in th squad to be top five or six easily and challenging. Having said that the quality that is there needs to get their finger out consistently. a settled side might help.
    I wouldn't keep any of these guys Alex - mediocre at best

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    I bet it looked better on radio too.

Testimonial Due
    Oh yes, i do believe those above us are better, they dont have to be much better but they are. I see you dont think we will finish 4th now, well thats funny, whats changed? Why are we getting these results, who's to blame now?
    I am unsure of where we fill finish, we may or we may not, unlike you, you seem to be sure - changed from when just out of interest? If we were murder yesterday and did not get beat do you think that is an improvement on how results have gone for us this season?

Whos to blame, not a question I thought you would need to ask, your scatter gun approach of having a go at everyone who has anything to do with the club usually covers all bases.

Down to opinions though isnt it. I think this season has shown that the majority of teams are capable of beating each other. If we can improve our consistancy and settle a team and formation that works for us I see no reason why we cant climb the table.

he even messed that up, had to toss it a 2nd time as the first one he basically threw it at his opponent

I am unsure of where we fill finish, we may or we may not, unlike you, you seem to be sure - changed from when just out of interest? If we were murder yesterday and did not get beat do you think that is an improvement on how results have gone for us this season?

Whos to blame, not a question I thought you would need to ask, your scatter gun approach of having a go at everyone who has anything to do with the club usually covers all bases.

Down to opinions though isnt it. I think this season has shown that the majority of teams are capable of beating each other. If we can improve our consistancy and settle a team and formation that works for us I see no reason why we cant climb the table.
    A full post of nothing, you were convinced only a couple of weeks ago we were fine and you fully expected us to do well. And when you say the majority of teams can beat each other, were you including Hibs in that? Now you see no reason why we cant climb the table if we can improve. How do we improve? How do you think this set of players will improve our position?

And still no answer as to who you think is to blame? There you go, i have asked again.

Testimonial Due
    A full post of nothing, you were convinced only a couple of weeks ago we were fine and you fully expected us to do well. And when you say the majority of teams can beat each other, were you including Hibs in that? Now you see no reason why we cant climb the table if we can improve. How do we improve? How do you think this set of players will improve our position?

And still no answer as to who you think is to blame? There you go, i have asked again.
    I am not blaming anyone, if that is the sort of person you are then fine, but I am not. We are were we are, we can all be part of your finger pointing culture, or we can just get on with things. For the avoidence of doubt that is the answer to that question.

I believe I said we would be fine with respect to those like you prattling on about relegation. As for a post of nothing, I dont think so, your questions were answered, and I even asked a few, you seem to have missed those.

I do believe Hibs are included in that...thats a "yes". I believe I stated how I thought we could improve, scroll up and read again for the answer.

As usual your posts are full of nothing other than criticism of Hibs and praise for the team we are playing. I often forget how boring you are.

A full post of nothing....
    ....As usual your posts are full of nothing other than criticism of Hibs and praise for the team we are playing. I often forget how boring you are.
    I love it when you two get going!

I am not blaming anyone, if that is the sort of person you are then fine, but I am not. We are were we are, we can all be part of your finger pointing culture, or we can just get on with things. For the avoidence of doubt that is the answer to that question.

I believe I said we would be fine with respect to those like you prattling on about relegation. As for a post of nothing, I dont think so, your questions were answered, and I even asked a few, you seem to have missed those.

I do believe Hibs are included in that...thats a "yes". I believe I stated how I thought we could improve, scroll up and read again for the answer.

As usual your posts are full of nothing other than criticism of Hibs and praise for the team we are playing. I often forget how boring you are.
    Funny how you were blaming the fans only recently, but as you say you are not that kind of person. We are in a dog fight at the bottom of this league, whether you admit it or not, hoping we can find consistancy and better form is all you and i have.