hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Yams not paid again/Hearts for sale

Today was no-pay-day.

I can see the players getting terribly agitated about this and, as usual, do hee-haw about it because they know that no other bam would be daft enough to pay them yam-type salaries.
    Last edited by hibs0666; 16-11-2011 at 10:46 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Are you saying they were due to be paid and haven't? Or are you saying they're just due to be paid today?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you saying they were due to be paid and haven't? Or are you saying they're just due to be paid today?
    BBC and STV reporting that the first-team wages due to have been paid today have not been received.

First Team Breakthrough Supraninja's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: liamRnumber1

Least surprising news of the year.

The players will, anonymously, bleat to the press whilst doing the square root of hee-haw.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    BBC and STV reporting that the first-team wages due to have been paid today have not been received.

Instead of a new 10 page thread on this can we not just resurrect an old one about the Yams not gettin paid, there's bound to have been a few

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    Instead of a new 10 page thread on this can we not just resurrect an old one about the Yams not gettin paid, there's bound to have been a few
    and merge them all in to one mega-thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Least surprising news of the year.

The players will, anonymously, bleat to the press whilst doing the square root of hee-haw.
    Looks like someone has already done that ..vlads lie detector must be in overdrive right now ...

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This time I have to say it serves them right the spineless lot of them. They had the chance to get the SPL, SFA and Players Union involved the last time but they bottled it.

If they had balls at all they wouldn't accept even an hours delay in their pay this time but I doubt they have it in them.

Coaching Staff
    Vlad knows from the players' supine response to previous non-payment just how far he can go. Is anyone surprised that he is taking advantage?

Cue next month and the month after, same story....

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar
    Must be finding the funds really difficult to come by just now after a few weeks without a home fixture.

Still,nothing to worry about chaps,this happens at all the BIG clubs seemingly?

Tick Tock.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This time I have to say it serves them right the spineless lot of them. They had the chance to get the SPL, SFA and Players Union involved the last time but they bottled it.

If they had balls at all they wouldn't accept even an hours delay in their pay this time but I doubt they have it in them.
    I dunno. I think they'll get stuck in this time if it's more than a few days late.

Coaching Staff
    It's happened before but it's all adding up to a serious cash problem in Vlad's businesses.

What a shame.

Can't we just set up a reminder for the 16th of every month and bump this story instead of going through the whole thing again?

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Can't we just set up a reminder for the 16th of every month and bump this story instead of going through the whole thing again?
    You're an IT guy, why don’t you just set it up.

While you're at it can you do me an auto text for when anyone mentions ‘Hibs’ AND ‘cheap option’ so that once again the myth can be dispelled?
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

Hetz players not paid again today

Hertz players not being paid according to the BBC just now
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitlochry hibee View Post
    Hertz players not being paid according to the BBC just now

Keep up PH

Perhaps pay-day delays will now become a monthly event at the PBS as a means of Vlad 'encouraging' the higher paid players to seek new clubs in the January window.

Whatever the reason it's an utter travesty over yonder and I can barely bring myself to look on...........

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    Keep up PH
    Sorry but i'm working and have been ootanaboot so maybe missed previous bulletins.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

First Team Breakthrough itchy07's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: itchy07
    What are they moaning about! They only got paid last week, surely they can't of spent it all already! Nothing to see here, move along. We just don't understand how big club finance works.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    Perhaps pay-day delays will now become a monthly event at the PBS as a means of Vlad 'encouraging' the higher paid players to seek new clubs in the January window.

Whatever the reason it's an utter travesty over yonder and I can barely bring myself to look on...........

Maybe we could try and entice Sutton to us in January, seeing as G.O'C is going to either America or Saughton, apparently.

From todays BBC website http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15757782.stm

Hearts again fail to pay first-team players on time

Hearts' first-team squad have not been paid their monthly salaries.

It is the second month in succession that the Tynecastle players have been late in receiving their wages from the club, which is more than £30m in debt.

The players had to wait 19 days for last month's pay but were persuaded not to complain to the Scottish Premier League by manager Paulo Sergio. Hearts, who are refusing to comment on the reason for the latest delay, are looking to reduce operating costs.

Earlier this month owner Vladimir Romanov indicated that he would consider selling the club, and a Tynecastle statement revealed that spending on players would fall.
    "Hearts must prepare to reduce investment in the playing squad to match the income in the coming season and turn to the Academy for its new additions," read a statement on the club's website.

@hibs.net private member
    Would have been more surprised if they had been paid on time.

This is comical! What an embarrassment..

Quote Originally Posted by itchy07 View Post
    What are they moaning about! They only got paid last week, surely they can't of spent it all already! Nothing to see here, move along. We just don't understand how big club finance works.
    <br><br><br>[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/bybg8.jpg[/IM

@hibs.net private member
    To be fair it's only 2 weeks since their last wage. I'm sure they can flog a few medals to make up any shortfall as well

It's like the campfire scene in Blazing Saddles. No matter how many times I see this, it's still funny.

First Team Breakthrough
    Probably nothing to do with this (from Bloomberg financial news website):

Lithuanian bank shares dropped to the lowest in a month after a media reports about prosecutors planning investigations into suspected dealings at a local bank.
    AB Snoras Bankas shares fell as much as 4.1 percent today to 0.234 euros ($0.31), while AB Ukio Bankas (UKB1L) dropped 3.39 percent to 0.228 euros at 2:22 p.m. in Vilnius. AB Siauliu Bankas (SAB1L) traded at 0.285 euros, down 2.06 percent. The Nasdaq OMX Vilnius index fell 0.85 percent.
    Lithuania’s largest newspaper Lietuvos Rytas, which is owned by Snoras’ subsidiary, cited unidentified people as saying prosecutors are planning a probe at an unnamed bank. The Prosecutor General’s office denied the media report on its website today, while the central bank called for the rejection of “irresponsible” “speculation about banking stability.”

Maybe Vlad has decided to pay them quarterly and fogot to tell them, worrying times at Gorgie.

We've been going on about this for years, but it's evident that things have changed drastically from the old days of 'operational difficulties' declarations to 'we have to sell our players'.

Hearts as a business transparently don't have the money to pay there employees, and it's now evident than Romanov either won't pay (or worse, can't, as in doesn't have) money from his Lithuanian concerns to honour contracts.

I know we've been sitting back and enjoying this ride for ages, and although there have been innumerable frustrating endings, it really does now seem like its time to jostle for those ringside seats and enjoy this saga unfolding over the next few months.

in the meantime, i'd just like to wish all my Jambo pals a merry christmas and happy new year.