hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough HibeePaj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would rather not have one mentioning religion, since IRA chants don't really have anything to do with religion anyway and I'm not too comfortable with one about football being a religion, but that's just me.

Personally would go with one along the lines of;

"Paul McBride-Your lies have been exposed"

Then one directly under it saying;

"We support our team, not terrorists"

Or even if people would rather not mention McBride at all, the last one on its own would get the point across pretty well as I think everyone would know what we meant.
    I agree, this is a banner regarding some *rse claiming that we sing, essentially pro-terrorism songs. Not so much. Religious debate. The remarks this cretin mcbride made are that far off the mark that I think any clued up football fan knows that thus guy obviously talks out of his *rse. For me, any banner which has a dig at mcbride shall suffice.
    Can't go on Sat, but will be willing to make a donation when its clear what the banners will be.

Paget

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Always difficult to state what would go on a banner. The swing has changed to one directly against Paul Mc Bride= Liar and " wer'e not sectarian"

I personally think both of those flags hit the point, and I can do them both. Please donate to make this happen

hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk

any amount is good. It all helps.

Please don't think someone else will do it all.

You all are that someone else.

GGTTH

Frankly the prospect of seeing an embarassing banner has put me of going to ER to this Saturday, was going to go along if a new manger in place.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker II View Post
    Frankly the prospect of seeing an embarassing banner has put me of going to ER to this Saturday, was going to go along if a new manger in place.
    What is so embarrassing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    We've already released an official statement rubbishing this clown's claims. We don't need to give this guy any more publicity by knocking up a banner and making ourselves look stupid.
    So getting the fans point accros on a public level which will no doubt be covered in the media is stupid? Smashing pal makes perfect sense aye

There's fair weather fans and then there's this. "Am no goin if there's gonnae be a banner or that!" Its clear from this thread that the banner reflects both Hibs supporters views and that of the board, no issue airing our concern a slanderous comment on national radio.

How about "Paul McBride is a kiddy fiddler"?

It's an allegation, totally without foundation or evidence, that would undoubtedly cause huge offence. A bit like what he did to us. And with it being purely malicious and solely motivated by tit for tat pettyness, we'd be speaking a language that anyone of an Old Firm persuasion would understand.

He apologises and admits we don't sing IRA songs - we apologise and admit he doesn't interfere with children.

To the best of our knowledge.

@hibs.net private member
    I find find your post embarrassing. You come across as pathetic as McBride

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I'll be there with a beamer for the whole game

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    I'll be there with a beamer for the whole game
    Don't think you'll be allowed in ER with your car!

Have a word mate, McBride used a public media to slate Hibs Supporters as a whole, so those self-same supporters, [obviously minus you], react via a public announcement , a banner at a football match. It offends you in some way and is stopping you from attending a game. My you are thin skinned aren't you.? We as Hibs supporters have every right to answer the allegations made against us and IMO a banner telling the football world the truth is an acceptable way to do so. After all, we aren't going to be invited onto a radio show to refute the allegations now are we ?

Seeing as McBride is a QC lawyer person thingy, a simple 'McBride - Not Guilty' would do the trick.

Except McBride is guilty of defaming us, so it would need to be "McBride is guilty".

Personally I like "Paul McBride = Liar" and "We're Not Sectarian".

Left by mutual consent!
    Depends what McBride means exactly but it is a myth that songs that could be referred to as in support of the IRA have never been heard from Hibs fans in recent years, certainly they were clearly audible in 1990s. And I heard 3-4 Hibs fan shout Up the Ra at game against Hearts last season. And have also heard some Hibs fans singing The Famine Song in last 2 years.

Not that I neccesarily have any problem with this, just as one should not only associate the Briitsh Armed forces with Amritsar, Irish famine, the Culloden aftermath etc there is more to the IRA than the worst provisional IRA atrocities.

Also notthing wrong per se with being sectarian - there may be case for a banner referring to sectarian hatred but that is different.
    Which part of the ground was this in? I never heard it, for something that was clearly audible you seem tae be the only one (well you and that tool on the radio the other night). Personally I think yer talkin just like he was.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 17-11-2011 at 12:05 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Won't be making a financial donation at this moment but am happy to offer my full support as a Hibee - please DO give this idiot the message not to try tarring us with his sheighty stick in the future - thankyou

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    The man is a pathetic publicity seeking cretin. Ignoring him is the best option.

Depends what McBride means exactly but it is a myth that songs that could be referred to as in support of the IRA have never been heard from Hibs fans in recent years, certainly they were clearly audible in 1990s. And I heard 3-4 Hibs fan shout Up the Ra at game against Hearts last season. And have also heard some Hibs fans singing The Famine Song in last 2 years.
    I've heard nothing relating to the IRA. Absolutely nothing. It would be interesting to know the specific songs that have been supposedly sung by our support.

Not that I neccesarily have any problem with this, just as one should not only associate the Briitsh Armed forces with Amritsar, Irish famine, the Culloden aftermath etc there is more to the IRA than the worst provisional IRA atrocities.
    Agree 100%

Also notthing wrong per se with being sectarian - there may be case for a banner referring to sectarian hatred but that is different.
    I'm not sure there is much of a difference...it's all about the definition of the word "sectarian" and the modern ones all emphasise intolerance.
    Last edited by Pete; 17-11-2011 at 04:35 AM. Reason: spelling

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Maybe it's better to build bridges. Pitch in for an early Christmas present. The Hibs shop does a nice old fashioned alarm clock - I'd even pay for the double A battries, and put them in myself. Send it by courier to his home address. A tasteful note of forgiveness would be a nice accompanyment.

"To Paul,
    something to demonstrate that we have not slipped back into the 1970's.
    No hard feelings - Time wounds all heels.
    The Hibs Support x"

Tick, tock.
    Last edited by 500miles; 17-11-2011 at 05:12 AM.

"We're not sectarian" is rubbish. "Football is our religion" is much better. More imaginative, more intelligent.

On another note, I'm proud to me a supporter of a club where a small group of fans can take up their own time and money to create banners for matches. We have had a rubbish season, but standing up at the back of the new east with the rest of the singing support has made it a good day out every home match. I have two friends who go to games with me regularly, who were not even football fans before last season, never mind Hibs supporters! Now they are hooked!

Donation sent. Good on you, lads.

@hibs.net private member
    Thanks for all the donations so far, really is a massive help not only for this weekend's banners but for future displays to make Easter Road more colourful.

We want this group to grow and to become more sucessful, so if you are interested in meeting before games, helping with displays or coming to away days please sign up at www.sect43.co.uk

Thanks again, we are the Hibs

First Team Breakthrough
    Hahahahahahahaha...seriously? Oh My God. Letting a Q.C. Slag your teams fans off for being sectarian is fine. But to use freedom of speech to retaliate is not. I honestly seriously can not believe someone would not go to a game because of a banner that defended its own fans. Each to their own I suppose.

First Team Breakthrough
    Thank you all for the donations. Please now stop as we have reached our target. A massive thank you. I am posting a pic of a graphic letter I have just done for the sect43 banner that will also be out on saturday. I am going with this look as I am limited on time I have to get all of us in the room and start, and this is an easier of a lot of options. I think it looks good. The banner will be displayed in the east. Still time to put your ideas forward. I however can't accept ideas after 0800 Friday Morning. We will be making the flag at 10a.m.

The Paul Mc Bride = Liar is the most favourite just now and also something along the lines of " H.F.C. Fans NOT SECTARIAN. Keep the ideas coming please. Once again on behalf of you all and the Sect43 guys who will be helping out a big THANK YOU for making this happen
    GGTTH

For some reason I can't upload a picture. It doesn't seem to accept it
    Sorry Guys

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mickki40 View Post
    Paul Mc Bride = Liar
    A very minor thing, but personally I don't like the equals sign, I think that either

Paul McBride - Liar
    or
    Paul McBride: Liar

would look better. Not particularly important though, and others may disagree.

As always, look out for the spelling - there's nothing that would scream 'wee Tims' quite like a misspelt banner...

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    A very minor thing, but personally I don't like the equals sign, I think that either

Paul McBride - Liar
    or
    Paul McBride: Liar

would look better. Not particularly important though, and others may disagree.

As always, look out for the spelling - there's nothing that would scream 'wee Tims' quite like a misspelt banner...
    Yes it is important, every idea put forward is listened to. And I can see your point. So if the Liar banner gets made, it will have your suggestion on it. GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Which part of the ground was this in? I never heard it, for something that was clearly audible you seem tae be the only one (well you and that tool on the radio the other night). Personally I think yer talkin just like he was.
    1995 and 1999 in East Stand in centre - it was the Boys of the old Brigade - though it is about IRA pre-Provisional split. "There's only one Gerry Adams was also sung at one of these games" - know not about the IRA per se but had it been sung by Celtic fans the same morons posting above would have been frothing at the mouth! At both ER and Tynecastle last season Up the Ra was clearly audible from some fans (at half time at Tynecastle, East Stand at ER).

The Soldiers Song (again not an IRA song per se but see comment above) was sung by some at 1991 cup final.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    1995 and 1999 in East Stand in centre - it was the Boys of the old Brigade - though it is about IRA pre-Provisional split. "There's only one Gerry Adams was also sung at one of these games" - know not about the IRA per se but had it been sung by Celtic fans the same morons posting above would have been frothing at the mouth! At both ER and Tynecastle last season Up the Ra was clearly audible from some fans (at half time at Tynecastle, East Stand at ER).

The Soldiers Song (again not an IRA song per se but see comment above) was sung by some at 1991 cup final.
    Absolute nonsense from start to finish.

1995 and 1999 in East Stand in centre - it was the Boys of the old Brigade - though it is about IRA pre-Provisional split. "There's only one Gerry Adams was also sung at one of these games" - know not about the IRA per se but had it been sung by Celtic fans the same morons posting above would have been frothing at the mouth! At both ER and Tynecastle last season Up the Ra was clearly audible from some fans (at half time at Tynecastle, East Stand at ER).The Soldiers Song (again not an IRA song per se but see comment above) was sung by some at 1991 cup final.
    Nonsense. Why is it only you (amongst all those others including myself who have followed the club home and away for years) claims to have heard these songs at these occasions? Maybe you still had your ipod on at the time.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Absolute nonsense from start to finish.
    Not so sure it is rubbish Blackpool, Jo Bhoy obviously knows what he is talking about. Presumably because he was the only :asshole: that was singing it
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

First Team Breakthrough SmokieJoe's Avatar
    How about

'Hibernian..Supporters of Football
    Not Sectarianism Since 1875'

sorry if similar has been posted

some of these ideas are a little..... simple. there's not really much point in a banner unless it has a bit of wit or charm. 'FOOTBALL is our religion' is a good idea, as it is a beacon to every other club that Hibs fans do not want to be associated with sectarian garbage. it also proves a point as well of distancing our philosophy from any idea outside of the stadium. no union jacks, no che guevara banners, no palestinian flags, no 'god save the queen'. just football and the hibees.