hibs.net Messageboard

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar

Bookies Odds Shortening on Michael O'Neill - 4/7 Now

As of Monday night, Michael O'Neill is now 4/7 On Fav for the Hibs job. He was evens a couple of days ago so the odds have shortened.

Wouldn't be my choice but looking like a decent chance he'll be our next Manager. Good luck to him if he gets the job.

2. Log in to remove the advert

That could be a reaction to a large bet too though, have seen a few manager odds have similar shifts.

Owen Coyle'd odds to be Celtic manager went right down, mind he turned it down and McNeill prob more likely to move..,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As of Monday night, Michael O'Neill is now 4/7 On Fav for the Hibs job. He was evens a couple of days ago so the odds have shortened.

Wouldn't be my choice but looking like a decent chance he'll be our next Manager. Good luck to him if he gets the job.
    The fact of the odds shortening does not necessarily mean that the bookies have any more info than a week ago. It simply means that more money has been put on MON and they have adjusted all their odds accordingly to kind of balance their books.

I remember how short Steve Clarke went...

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    I remember how short Steve Clarke went...
    Steve Clerke would have got the job if RP Had matched his wage demands

@hibs.net private member
    Who elses odds have changed?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by nortonhibby View Post
    Which is it Steve Clerk or Steve Clerke? What were his/her wage demands and how far off were Hibs? You obviously seem to have inside information...

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nortonhibby View Post
    I have heard the same
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol

odds on O'Neil shortened but Jimmy Calderwood in reserve

http://www.olbg.com/news/18225349/Next+Hibs+Manager+Odds+See+Michael+O+Neill+Backed+ Into+Short+Price.html

Shamrock Rovers Boss Set To Be Given The Nod

Current Shamrock Rovers manager Michael O'Neill has always been popular in the Next Hibs Manager Betting Odds, he was initially shortened to 3/1 from 5/1 but even the 3/1 is long gone now and the current price being offered on Michael O'Neill is 11/10 with
    William Hill, those Next Hibs Manager Betting Odds are slightly better than those offered by VC Bet and Paddy Power who both make Michael O'Neill an even money favourite.

Jimmy Calderwood Lined Up As First Reserve

If talks fall through with Michael O'Neill then it seems the first back up choice would have to be Jimmy Calderwood, the popular manager is the clear second favourite in the Next Hibernian Manager Odds and he can be backed at 9/2 with Paddy Power and is as short as 3/1 with William Hill. The bookies can't make up their minds about a third favourite, both Billy Reed and Derek McInnes are 8/1 with VC Bet and Paddy Power at the moment. For all the latest Next Hibs Manager Betting Odds click on any of the orange bookie links above.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by yekimevol View Post
    http://www.olbg.com/news/18225349/Next+Hibs+Manager+Odds+See+Michael+O+Neill+Backed+ Into+Short+Price.html

Current Shamrock Rovers manager Michael O'Neill has always been popular in the Next Hibs Manager Betting Odds, he was initially shortened to 3/1 from 5/1 but even the 3/1 is long gone now and the current price being offered on Michael O'Neill is 11/10 with
    William Hill, those Next Hibs Manager Betting Odds are slightly better than those offered by VC Bet and Paddy Power who both make Michael O'Neill an even money favourite.

If talks fall through with Michael O'Neill then it seems the first back up choice would have to be Jimmy Calderwood, the popular manager is the clear second favourite in the Next Hibernian Manager Odds and he can be backed at 9/2 with Paddy Power and is as short as 3/1 with William Hill. The bookies can't make up their minds about a third favourite, both Billy Reed and Derek McInnes are 8/1 with VC Bet and Paddy Power at the moment. For all the latest Next Hibs Manager Betting Odds click on any of the orange bookie links above.
    Popular with who???????

Has martins odds no dropped yet ?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

yep, can see him leaving Bristol city after less than a month in charge

That article is from last year, after Yogi had left.

Quote Originally Posted by delacraig View Post
    That article is from last year, after Yogi had left.
    Proving conclusively that the Bookies know squat.

They just react to the cash fans put on, if I wondered in and stuck £50 on Sir Alex Ferguson getting the job they'd probably start quoting odds for him.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    Which is it Steve Clerk or Steve Clerke? What were his/her wage demands and how far off were Hibs? You obviously seem to have inside information...
    I remember hearing at the time that Steve Clarke had been interviewed and had agreed to take the job,then returned the next day to sign on the dotted line to find the terms of the contrcact had been alterede slightly causing him to walk away.

Bookies know bugger all, all they do is shorten odds based on monies in and potential pay-outs, i.e. covering themselves.
    Christ, they often have 1st goal scorers listed on a player that is either long term injured, or even has left the club!

I suppose what you can relate it to though (odds), is does those backing something have any knowledge........ given Hibs way of working, I can't see anyone outside the boardroom having a clue as to who is favourite.... unless of course I know someone that catches Petrie and JC having a coffee in Peebles type scenario

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Dont know if its been covered elsewhere but a mate was golfing at Dunbar on Monday. Jumbo Jim was in the clubhouse and he confirmed that he has applied for the managers position at Hibs. Jefferies not my mate that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Bookies know bugger all, all they do is shorten odds based on monies in and potential pay-outs, i.e. covering themselves.
    Christ, they often have 1st goal scorers listed on a player that is either long term injured, or even has left the club!

I suppose what you can relate it to though (odds), is does those backing something have any knowledge........ given Hibs way of working, I can't see anyone outside the boardroom having a clue as to who is favourite.... unless of course I know someone that catches Petrie and JC having a coffee in Peebles type scenario
    I heard, or read, somewhere that Trappatoni was verylong odds to become RoI manager. Allegedly JP Macmanus and a few of his pals got together - laid a huge bet at these odds and hey presto, Trappa' becomes Manager. The inference being the bookies have paid his wages.