hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Billy Brown has six games to prove himself (merged)

From what im hearing, off two different people who both have connections with a well known Hibs and Hearts player respectively.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Until Shamrock Rovers European games are done?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From what im hearing, off two different people who both have connections with a well known Hibs and Hearts player respectively.
    Scottish Cup games?

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Until Shamrock Rovers European games are done?
    And O'Neill's contract is up.

Another six games could see us in a dire position one which we may not get out of, O'Neills contract if up next month would be peanuts. Although I feel for Billy Brown and would like him to stay as assistant to the next manager I honestly can't see Billy as the way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    Another six games could see us in a dire position one which we may not get out of, O'Neills contract if up next month would be peanuts. Although I feel for Billy Brown and would like him to stay as assistant to the next manager I honestly can't see Billy as the way forward.
    O'Neill has previously stated he wouldn't leave Shamrock till they were out of the Europa League, the group stages of that finish around the 15th of December I think.

I don't think anyone could fault him for that desire, nor would it be an issue of cash.

I for one have no problem with Brown being given the reins for a bit. If nothing else he'll spend the next few weeks kicking ars*s and working the shower of lazy ********s we have masquerading as footballers into the ground.

@hibs.net private member
    The only flaw with this theory is - What if Hibs won all 6 games? Do we keep Brown or appoint the man who he was keeping the seat warm for?

I'd tend to believe the one who knows a Hibs player but not the one who knows a Hearts player..........

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    The only flaw with this theory is - What if Hibs won all 6 games? Do we keep Brown or appoint the man who he was keeping the seat warm for?
    Not a bad problem to be facing

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB;2983111[B
    ]O'Neill has previously stated he wouldn't leave Shamrock till they were out of the Europa League[/B], the group stages of that finish around the 15th of December I think.

I don't think anyone could fault him for that desire, nor would it be an issue of cash.

I for one have no problem with Brown being given the reins for a bit. If nothing else he'll spend the next few weeks kicking ars*s and working the shower of lazy ********s we have masquerading as footballers into the ground.
    Are they not out already as they are 7 points behind anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    O'Neill has previously stated he wouldn't leave Shamrock till they were out of the Europa League, the group stages of that finish around the 15th of December I think.

Reckon this " New Manager " Thingy - Will be strung out for a few Months at least !!! - they did WARN us that they would be seeking outside influence etc and consultants and the likes... to bide some time as well eh ..

i Fully expect this managerial merry go round to bore us to to brink.. of whatever is left to love hibs for !!!...

Me Dont Think We Getting A Brand Spanking New Manager - Before Xmas... anyway...

but i ken **** all anyways eh

Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post

a few Months
    Nah

C'mon the Broon man!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post

Reckon this " New Manager " Thingy - Will be strung out for a few Months at least !!! - they did WARN us that they would be seeking outside influence etc and consultants and the likes... to bide some time as well eh ..

i Fully expect this managerial merry go round to bore us to to brink.. of whatever is left to love hibs for !!!...

Me Dont Think We Getting A Brand Spanking New Manager - Before Xmas... anyway...

but i ken **** all anyways eh
    Would hope it's sorted before that, as whoever comes in will need a bit of time to assess the playing squad and decide on what areas he wants to strengthen in January.

Could believe the OP though, as I do think MON would want to see through Rovers european adventure to the end, regardless of outcomes.

If this is the only stipulation on us landing him, then I think it's worth doing. Hopefully though he could be doing some work behind the scenes during this time, possibly even targetting possible signings? (Ritchie Ryan rumour?)

GGTTH

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    There simply has to be an improvement as it was at the bottom of the barrel when CC Was finally canned.
    Lets give the guy a chance and see how he fares a string of good results and performances will bring back confidence.

I'd be well worried and a little bit pissed off if the club don't appoint a permanent manager until right before the January window. ****ing joke, tbh, and gives the new guy (unless it's Brown) little time to prepare for changes.

And it had better not be Brown (not that much will happen other than Mrs Beefster suffering because I'm pissed off, mind you).
    Last edited by Beefster; 11-11-2011 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I think that if he wins 2 or 3 early games, we've got Brown for keeps. Doesn't seem very exciting but may be no bad thing. It's highly possible that we'll start next season with Brown at the helm so we'd better get used to it!

Billy Brown

Billy, this is your chance. If you are good enough, now is the time to prove it.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    It will be interesting to see what team he puts out and see what tactics he uses during the game because the past it appears to have been stick the team out and leave them even though the game was running away from us.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    What makes people think that he could do the job?

Also, why would he suddenly want to be number one having been happy as an assistant for 20 odd years?

Has he got an eye for a player?

Can he manage a multi million pound budget?

Has he got people skills other than bawling at folk?

Has he got any tactical nous?

Maybe he has all the skills to be hugely successful, but I've seen no evidence of it so I'm not joining in the clamour to have him appointed.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    The uncertainty of the situation is not good for all.
    The club need to make a statement to let us know what is happening

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    The uncertainty of the situation is not good for all.
    The club need to make a statement to let us know what is happening
    The club have made their statement. They have started a recruitment process.

The uncertainty comes from people making up rumours and spreading them. I don't believe that any decision has been made about Billy Brown other than he is is in charge until we appoint a permanent manager.

If he has applied for the job, he will be interviewed along with everyone else on the short list.

Hibs will make a statement when they have something to say.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Coaching Staff
    Billy Brown has been arround the game for a number of years as an assistant. Why has he never got a top job? Why would he suddenly get one of the top jobs in Scotland?

Up and coming coaches is one thing but I'm not sure about long term assistants getting bumped up to managers. Has it ever worked out well?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    What makes people think that he could do the job?

Also, why would he suddenly want to be number one having been happy as an assistant for 20 odd years?

Has he got an eye for a player?

Can he manage a multi million pound budget?

Has he got people skills other than bawling at folk?

Has he got any tactical nous?

Maybe he has all the skills to be hugely successful, but I've seen no evidence of it so I'm not joining in the clamour to have him appointed.
    I agree with Hibbyradge - I also am not joining the "clamour" to have Brown appointed as manager.

Billy Brown has been a career number 2, so it would therefore be much better to have Jeffries as manager and Brown as his number 2.

Well said Hibbyradge

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-ev..._way_1_1961077

Strong words from Bobby but that's his perogative.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-ev..._way_1_1961077

Strong words from Bobby but that's his perogative.
    I like the sound of this man....sounds like they'll be run off their feet, told how to perform...and if his initial interview is anything to go by, we might see a different hibs team in the next few games.
    He wasn't my first choice, but he talks a good game...and if he can get some of the desire to win games he helped generate in hearts, he'll do for me.

Quite excited about the killie game now..
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Billy Brown has been arround the game for a number of years as an assistant. Why has he never got a top job? Why would he suddenly get one of the top jobs in Scotland?

Up and coming coaches is one thing but I'm not sure about long term assistants getting bumped up to managers. Has it ever worked out well?
    There was the Liverpool boot room example (Paisley / Fagan / Evans) but obviously that was a very different situation (those guys had been there for pretty much their whole careers).

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Totally agree, words are cheap but I've been waiting for years to hear a manager say the players need to get the finger out, we've been pussyfooting around the players for far too long imo.

As for him getting the job full time, I don't think promoting an assistant to manager from a struggling team to stop the rott is a good idea, I think we should bring in a young manager like MoN then have BB ready to take over from him once he moves on, assuming the next guy is a success, basically provide continuity from a successful spell rather than an unsuccessful spell

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs7_0 View Post
    I like the sound of this man....sounds like they'll be run off their feet, told how to perform...and if his initial interview is anything to go by, we might see a different hibs team in the next few games.
    He wasn't my first choice, but he talks a good game...and if he can get some of the desire to win games he helped generate in hearts, he'll do for me.

Quite excited about the killie game now..
    I'm never sure about this kind of chat from someone who was already there and in many ways responsible for helping implement this anyway.

From what I heard from the AGM about the recognition that we need a leader and someone that everyone can realte with and follow i just can't see Brown being considered in that way.

This is a time to pull in someone that we would all do anything for is it not?

Take Sauzee, regardless of the situtation he was in most of us would have been there with him for a long time. The atmosphere for his first game at EEP was amazing.

We are missing a few thousand people right now and probably most of the ones still going are a bit apathetic and this appointment needs to look at addressing that.

First Team Breakthrough Persevere80's Avatar
    He can talk the talk but can he walk the walk? It would be typical of hibs to give a guy a chance. I am confident in him taking over temporary but i feel the board are going to have to take a bit of time over this one, so giving BB untill January might be a good shout.