hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Supporter Forum

Supporter Forum

Suppoerter Forums discussed at AGM, the first one goes ahead on Saturday 19th at 10.30am......

Has anyone from the message board had an invite?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

2. Log in to remove the advert

Nope, not heard a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope, not heard a thing.
    Email communication was sent Today from the club.........

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Suppoerter Forums discussed at AGM, the first one goes ahead on Saturday 19th at 10.30am......

Got my invite today and responded to say I'll be going. Theme for this one is 'How do you want to engage with the club/how do you want your club to engage with you?'
    This is how it feels

Only thing I got today from them was telling me about 3 for 2 at the shop. I normally get e-mails about things like forums. Oh, well.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Got my invite today and responded to say I'll be going. Theme for this one is 'How do you want to engage with the club/how do you want your club to engage with you?'
    I am going to Jonnyboy, maybe we could get posters on here to give their ideas, and we could feed those ideas back at the forum?

I am going to Jonnyboy, maybe we could get posters on here to give their ideas, and we could feed those ideas back at the forum?
    Good call aye.

Sensible suggestions please
    This is how it feels

3 of us so far then :-)

I got one. Aint planning on going.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I got one. Aint planning on going.
    Why not Mikey?
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I'm sure it's been mentioned before but a Facebook group would be good IMO. Could be updated with club news, commercial offers (shop, HTV, hospitality etc), interviews and so on. I get one from a German club and it gets info out you wouldn't know unless you checked the website a few times a day.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    First time in ages I've no been invited - maybe they're sick of me

Usually these things have a particular theme.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    First time in ages I've no been invited - maybe they're sick of me

Usually these things have a particular theme.
    We've been dumped!

PETRIE GET IT SORTED!!

Why not Mikey?
    Long story

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Long story
    Nods as good as a wink
    This is how it feels

i got an invite and will be attending

my dad wants to bring up the subject of communicating with the fans who dont use the internet, eg him and the older generation. the only way people were invited to this forum was through filling out an online questionnaire, this discriminates against the people who dont use the net.

Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    i got an invite and will be attending

my dad wants to bring up the subject of communicating with the fans who dont use the internet, eg him and the older generation. the only way people were invited to this forum was through filling out an online questionnaire, this discriminates against the people who dont use the net.
    While I understand the point, I'd imagine that folk who don't have access to / use the Internet nowadays are a very small minority. Communication is much easier and cheaper via t'Internet and I'm not sure that Hibs should be doubling up their communications (web and mail) to pick up a small section of the support currently being missed.

Unless I'm completely clueless and all the pensioners I know are exceptional with regards to being able to use a computer.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    While I understand the point, I'd imagine that folk who don't have access to / use the Internet nowadays are a very small minority. Communication is much easier and cheaper via t'Internet and I'm not sure that Hibs should be doubling up their communications (web and mail) to pick up a small section of the support currently being missed.

Unless I'm completely clueless and all the pensioners I know are exceptional with regards to being able to use a computer.....
    Not everyone has internet access, and I agree it is a small minority, but there are other avenues of communication that need to be explored.

Things like text messaging, flyers handed out behind goals or in Supporters Association, mail shots etc....

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I didn't. :-(

I think it's absolutely essential that we don't go into these forums with a list of problems. It's going to be a far more productive and satisfying session if we construct some viable proposals that the club can deploy within a short to medium timeframe - e.g. this season. But we can't just deposit a list of ideas and expect Hibs to implement them.

Instead, we must be willing to give up more free time working with the club to take these proposals forward. Since the club made redundancies earlier this year they are now operating on a shoestring wage budget with remaining staff working very long hours. If the club are interested in some of our proposals but they need further research and investigation or formal reports and business cases prepared we could set up small working groups to take a specific group of activities forward.

A club whose supporters are active on joint ventures build a closer bond of loyalty than clubs who are remote from the fans. The closer we work with the board and management of our club - the more we will understand of how our club is run. We can then report back through these boards and can take any feedback back to Hibs. We will end up with an informed management, an informed support and a genuine emotional connection and unity to match the passion for Hibernian FC - the club we all love.

Conversely, if they are so small in number it wouldn't cost much to post out info to them
    This is how it feels

two key words here. my dad is 63 and wouldnt know how to even switch a computer on but does own a mobile phone so a text service would be a good idea.

Not everyone has internet access, and I agree it is a small minority, but there are other avenues of communication that need to be explored.

Things like text messaging, flyers handed out behind goals or in Supporters Association, mail shots etc....

Quote Originally Posted by S43 View Post
    I think it's absolutely essential that we don't go into these forums with a list of problems. It's going to be a far more productive and satisfying session if we construct some viable proposals that the club can deploy within a short to medium timeframe - e.g. this season. But we can't just deposit a list of ideas and expect Hibs to implement them.

Instead, we must be willing to give up more free time working with the club to take these proposals forward. Since the club made redundancies earlier this year they are now operating on a shoestring wage budget with remaining staff working very long hours. If the club are interested in some of our proposals but they need further research and investigation or formal reports and business cases prepared we could set up small working groups to take a specific group of activities forward.

A club whose supporters are active on joint ventures build a closer bond of loyalty than clubs who are remote from the fans. The closer we work with the board and management of our club - the more we will understand of how our club is run. We can then report back through these boards and can take any feedback back to Hibs. We will end up with an informed management, an informed support and a genuine emotional connection and unity to match the passion for Hibernian FC - the club we all love.
    Agreed. There is a possibility however that even constructive ideas may be perceived by the club as 'problems' due to things like logistics, timescales etc.

By and large though I hope we can come up with some worthy topics for debate
    This is how it feels

I'd ask the board about re-introducing the Category B season ticket. I thought it was a mistake at the time when they ditched it and they have probably lost a fair bit of revenue from this. Most Cat A games dates and ko times are changed to suit TV and that doesn't always suit everyone. Any chance someone going to the forum can bring that up. Thanks.

Conversely, if they are so small in number it wouldn't cost much to post out info to them
    Aha, I had suspected someone would say something like this! It would be a huge undertaking to get every supporter's comms preferences and would be out of date within a month or two in a lot of cases.

Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    two key words here. my dad is 63 and wouldnt know how to even switch a computer on but does own a mobile phone so a text service would be a good idea.
    Fair point. As are all BF's suggestions. For some reason, I had a brain fart last night and seemed to think that mail was the only alternative to the Internet.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Not been invited.......

How much did Sky pay you then!

I suppose another way to address this would be for the club to ask, at games, through posters, leaflets announcements that if anyone was interested in becoming involved in the forums to get in touch.

This could be through a web page* that accepts anyone at any time or a contact address where folk like oconnors strip’s dad can write to.
    Space to let