hibs.net Messageboard

Sir Alex possibly being consulted

Apologies if posted elsewhere. Heard this week we were consulting 'respected figures in the game' (loosely quotational).

A friend of mine shared a flight with Shralek this morning from Manchester to Edinburgh... I wonder if FH and SL have asked for help.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Maybe up to be interviewed for the job?

Quote Originally Posted by Hakim Sar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apologies if posted elsewhere. Heard this week we were consulting 'respected figures in the game' (loosely quotational).

A friend of mine shared a flight with Shralek this morning from Manchester to Edinburgh... I wonder if FH and SL have asked for help.
    They're not going to ask your mate just because he was on the same plane as Sir Alex!!

Might want the job himself.

In his book he admits that he should have gone to Hibs in a swap deal for Colin Stein.

Once bitten twice shy Sir Alex.

First Team Breakthrough Granton Stanton's Avatar
    Somehow I think that we would send someone down to see him, hes not going to come up here for our benefit.

Obviously Sharlek is deserting the sinking ship that is Man U, doomed for the foreseeable future to be int shadow of Citeh. But no cast-offs please Rodders, we want genuine Hibs class.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Obviously Sharlek is deserting the sinking ship that is Man U, doomed for the foreseeable future to be int shadow of Citeh. But no cast-offs please Rodders, we want genuine Hibs class.
    Don't get too giddy.

Let the population of Stockport enjoy their moment while they can.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

He's probably just come to Scotland early as he's attending the Induction into the Hall of Fame in Glasgow on Sunday night. I'll ask him what he thinks we should look for in a new manager when I see him at the event

Left by mutual consent!

Oh dear ... that'll bring the hun bar steward netters out in force!

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    Don't get too giddy.

Let the population of Stockport enjoy their moment while they can.
    Giddy what a cheak you have got..........well top of the league destroyed the wee team from Manchester and you have the cheak to call City fans giddy.When will u*****d people realise City are the real thing and at the moment U*****d are actually very average..and as for the Stockport remark at least that is in greater manchester as apposed to essex.

"keep the faith"

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHERiFF WO0DY
    are we seriously talking about sir Alex Ferguson coming to hibs?

Quote Originally Posted by love the green View Post
    giddy what a cheak you have got..........well top of the league destroyed the wee team from manchester and you have the cheak to call city fans giddy.when will u*****d people realise city are the real thing and at the moment u*****d are actually very average..and as for the stockport remark at least that is in greater manchester as apposed to essex.

"keep the faith"
    money money money.

Quote Originally Posted by blairwallace View Post
    No.

Can't you read?

Quote Originally Posted by blairwallace View Post

Can't see any reason he wouldn't want to come... it's a step up in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by Love the Green View Post
    Giddy what a cheak you have got..........well top of the league destroyed the wee team from Manchester and you have the cheak to call City fans giddy.When will u*****d people realise City are the real thing and at the moment U*****d are actually very average..and as for the Stockport remark at least that is in greater manchester as apposed to essex.

"keep the faith"
    Well where do we start....

Top of the League in November wins you nothing come what May

City are the real thing, No Coca Cola is the real thing and is Red.
    Pepsi is blue and a mere imitation of the Real thing.

United destroyed, as did Newcastle many moons ago and won zilch, Chelsea did and won Zilch, as Southampton and won erm .....Zilch.

Thanks for pointing out the Essex factor a little further than Stockport as is the worldwide brand of Manchester United not bad for a wee team from Manchester.

As United's support stretches as far as Singapore and the Far East, City's support stretches as far as erm Stockport and the Far East of Droylseden.

There are more City fans in Manchester than United, is it not time they started to fill the "halfemptyad" stadium every home or will they miss the last bus to Stockport during the week.

Enjoying the challenge the Reds will see you off in the medium to long term just like they did with Chelsea, Arsenal and Blackburn.

It would not suprise me if Blackburn's rise to the top in the 90's lasts longer than City's.

As I say don't get giddyx19

First Team Breakthrough Supraninja's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: liamRnumber1
    I'm sensing frustration.

United destroyed, as did Newcastle many moons ago and won zilch, Chelsea did and won Zilch, as Southampton and won erm .....Zilch.

Thanks for pointing out the Essex factor a little further than Stockport as is the worldwide brand of Manchester United not bad for a wee team from Manchester.

As United's support stretches as far as Singapore and the Far East, City's support stretches as far as erm Stockport and the Far East of Droylseden.

There are more City fans in Manchester than United, is it not time they started to fill the "halfemptyad" stadium every home or will they miss the last bus to Stockport during the week.

Enjoying the challenge the Reds will see you off in the medium to long term just like they did with Chelsea, Arsenal and Blackburn.

It would not suprise me if Blackburn's rise to the top in the 90's lasts longer than City's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzE&ob=av2e

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Cheap option.

dont want him - he lost a derby game 6- 1

First Team Breakthrough francobaresi's Avatar
    I met the Dalai Lama at Edinburgh Airport once...

Ay oop, looks like Citeh are touchin t' nerve!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by francobaresi View Post
    I met the Dalai Lama at Edinburgh Airport once...
    I've heard he's a yogic frequent flyer ;)

I wish people would leave their English team bickering off the board.

This is supposed to be a Hibs board.

Some people have a soft spot for Man U, some Liverpool, Leicester, Cardiff and quite a few Newcastle.
    They should all be respected to some extent. If you hate Man U or Liverpool or Man City why not go onto a Man U / Man City board to talk about it?

Its good to read updates on English games sometimes but when it descends into gloating and namecalling it's a bit pathetic.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Love the Green View Post

"keep the faith"

"wee team" ... Might have been a funny dig once upon a time between rivals, but when it's a ****bo mantra, it's seriously tedious to read it in any context.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post

Some people have a soft spot for Man U, some Liverpool, Leicester, Cardiff and quite a few Newcastle.
    They should all be respected to some extent. If you hate Man U or Liverpool or Man City why not go onto a Man U / Man City board to talk about it?

Its good to read updates on English games sometimes but when it descends into gloating and namecalling it's a bit pathetic.
    It is tiresome i just tune out. I don't give a stuff about English football or much from a European perspective but each to their own.

Has anyone ever heard of a device called the telephone? When you need advice from someone in a different toon you can use it instead of them having to fly up and see you in person...

Face to face meetings are always better than phone calls though...

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post

Get a grip, it's just a bit of harmless banter between Hibs fans on a Hibs forum FFS!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    If Hibs want advice from anyone, they would be the ones on the flight.

The idea that Ferguson would take time out to come to a meeting to advise Hibs is ludicrous.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

We could really do with his advice, particularly regarding defending at home and maintaining concentration and commitment levels for 90 mins plus stoppage time.

Or could we...