hibs.net Messageboard

Jj to end of season

Given recent experiences, would it make sense to bring someone in until end of season, with a view to longer term contract. The last 2 have been on borrowed time coming in to the new season and ended up being sacked at a time when the new guy has 2 months before he can change personnel. JJ would seem the obvious choice as he is not working and BB is already in place. Of course, BB might not want him. That would mean going for someone willing to be happy to prove themselves between now and May. Maybe not a bad idea.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd tell you what I think of JJ period but it'd just come up as a series of **** ******** *******

I think, in the position we are in in terms of the league, a short-term appointment to the end of the season would result in us being embroiled in a fight against relegation.

I think that would hold true whether it was BB, JJ or ZZ Top who was appointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Given recent experiences, would it make sense to bring someone in until end of season, with a view to longer term contract. The last 2 have been on borrowed time coming in to the new season and ended up being sacked at a time when the new guy has 2 months before he can change personnel. JJ would seem the obvious choice as he is not working and BB is already in place. Of course, BB might not want him. That would mean going for someone willing to be happy to prove themselves between now and May. Maybe not a bad idea.
    I'm advocating this approach. I don't see we have anything to lose. Funnily enough, all of my Hibby mates (who steer clear from this forum) don't see a major problem in this idea.