hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HIBS keeper Graham Stack has been arrested

It just keeps getting better.......
    HIBS keeper Graham Stack has been arrested after a fight in London according to the Sun.
    http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...e-slapper.html

2. Log in to remove the advert

I wonder how they persuaded him to come out from under the bar and throw a punch...

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Joy.

However being spat at is the lowest of the low.

IMO that justifies giving someone a burst eyebrow. Disgusting.

J

If someone spat at me, Mrs Beefster or a member of my family, I'd be giving the person a slap too. By all accounts, Stack is a bit of a hard man so I wouldn't expect him to take it lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn Sandwich View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It just keeps getting better.......
    HIBS keeper Graham Stack has been arrested after a fight in London according to the Sun.
    http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...e-slapper.html

Dont see the problem here

Spitting on somebody is a complete no-no and a ****in horrible thing to do

If true, the guy deserved his hospital trip

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I agree. If I was out with a group of mates having a good time and some grotesque individual gobbed on me, I wouldn't think twice about smashing him in the pus. It's vulgar.

When i saw the headline i thought FFS but i do have Stacks side here, as spitting is disgusting.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    If someone spat at me, Mrs Beefster or a member of my family, I'd be giving the person a slap too. By all accounts, Stack is a bit of a hard man so I wouldn't expect him to take it lightly.

Absolutely right.

Spits on the guy then runs to the Polis when he gets his ass kicked? Pussy.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Three sides to every story but ultimately Stack has put himself into a position where something lke this can happen by having to jump into the first nightclub that'll have him the first day off he gets.

Even if the story is 100% accurate (i've got my doubts) and saint stack was just minding his own business politely asked the guy to vacate the seats before the big bad ruffian spat on him for no reason, this is why football players shouldn't be going out during the season, town is full of ****ing idiots and there's always the possibility something like this could happen.

Football players should be made to work in a real job for two years before starting a football career so they can see how good they've got it, maybe then they'd see that giving up pish nightclubs isn't really that much of a sacrifice

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Three sides to every story but ultimately Stack has put himself into a position where something lke this can happen by having to jump into the first nightclub that'll have him the first day off he gets.

Even if the story is 100% accurate (i've got my doubts) and saint stack was just minding his own business politely asked the guy to vacate the seats before the big bad ruffian spat on him for no reason, this is why football players shouldn't be going out during the season, town is full of ****ing idiots and there's always the possibility something like this could happen.

Football players should be made to work in a real job for two years before starting a football career so they can see how good they've got it, maybe then they'd see that giving up pish nightclubs isn't really that much of a sacrifice
    What a load of tosh!

Seriously, the above is a joke, right?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    Dont see the problem here

Spitting on somebody is a complete no-no and a ****in horrible thing to do

If true, the guy deserved his hospital trip
    Hopefully this will be reflected in the judge's conclusion.

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar
    can somebody please paste the story?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott7_0(Prague) View Post
    What a load of tosh!

Seriously, the above is a joke, right?
    Nope, Harry Redknapp has tried to ban all his players from going to nightclubs during the season as he thinks the same thing and i agree with him.

We keep hearing it's a short career thats why they have to make obscene amounts of money for playing football so the odd sacrifice shouldn't be too much to ask.

If someone spat at me, then I'll just tell stack

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddieFelson View Post
    can somebody please paste the story?
    HIBS keeper Graham Stack has been arrested by cops over claims he put a man in hospital following a brawl in a nightclub.

The Easter Road ace spent a night in the cells after the bust-up at the trendy Bond venue in London, which left a 20-year-old needing stitches to his eye.
    Stack — who jetted down south after the Hibees' disastrous 1-0 defeat to Dunfermline on Saturday — was nicked on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm.
    He was bailed and will have to return to the central London police station in mid-January.
    Last night a source close to the 30-year-old claimed the bust-up had started when the star was spat on.
    The pal said: "Graham was out with his sister and pals for a night out.
    "A group of lads had taken the table they were sitting at and the blokes were politely asked to give them their table back.
    "There was a bit of a row and Graham was spat on and it all kicked off in the club.
    "There was a fight and Graham was arrested when he got outside the club. He is devastated by this."
    Another source claimed: "It looked as though there was an argument over something trivial.
    "Stack went into a fury. The man had to be taken to hospital. He got stitches to a big cut above his eye."
    The 20-year-old clubber was rushed to St Thomas's Hospital in Westminster, while Stack was taken to Marylebone Police Station.
    He was put in the cells and then released on Sunday morning.
    A police spokesman said: "A 30-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of ABH and taken into custody at a central police station.
    "He was bailed pending further inquiries, returning in mid-January 2012.
    "The CID in Westminster are investigating."
    In March this year, the former Arsenal and Reading keeper was cleared over allegations he hit a 24-year-old man outside an Edinburgh nightclub.
    And in September 2005, the English goalkeeper was cleared at Croydon Crown Court of raping a 22-year-old woman at his London flat.
    Last night married dad-of-two Stack refused to discuss the nightclub incident.
    Hibs — who sacked team boss Colin Calderwood after Saturday's defeat — also declined to comment.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    To be fair, if you're in a nightclub and get up and leave a table unoccupied, you've got no right to complain when you come back and someone's sitting there.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    To be fair, if you're in a nightclub and get up and leave a table unoccupied, you've got no right to complain when you come back and someone's sitting there.
    You wouldn't expect to get spat on for complaining though.

A quote from Stack's facebook- Im unable to comment about recent events, but will hopefully have the opportunity to clear things up soon.

You are having a "laff" surely.?
    "............made to work in a real job for two years ............." and exactly what effect would that have on them ?
    There are hundreds of thousands of guys who can't understand what life is really about who have been working for years .
    Many of these can " cause trouble in an empty house " in up market night clubs - they don't earn mega bucks so why is that ?
    I have met and been friends with dozens of pro footballers over the past fifty years and can count on one hand ( five fingers) the number who have been in " real" trouble .
    OK many have had speeding tickets /involved in VA's etc.
    Are you suggesting a pro player should not be trusted to have an evening out to relax ?

Suggest you don't generalise when criticising a group of people

Not sure about down south but is spitting (deliberately on another person) not legally considered a form of assault.

Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    Are you suggesting a pro player should not be trusted to have an evening out to relax ?
    Maybe banning them entirely is a bit draconian, but we clearly have an issue with it at the club.

How many Hibs players seem to get in bother up George Street and elsewhere when out on the piss? I can think of Stack, Stokes, Riordan, MacCormack and Palsson off the top of my head. That's not acceptable.

Something needs to be done to sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    Not sure about down south but is spitting (deliberately on another person) not legally considered a form of assault.
    Think it can be considered as threatening behaviour but not 100%.

Nope, Harry Redknapp has tried to ban all his players from going to nightclubs during the season as he thinks the same thing and i agree with him.

We keep hearing it's a short career thats why they have to make obscene amounts of money for playing football so the odd sacrifice shouldn't be too much to ask.
    HA HA> so you are having a joke.

To be fair you are generalizing here, let's say if that particular club had made that table available only for Stack's party that night ( VIP Area let's presume) this would then turn your argument on it's head.

Coaching Staff
    I don't think smacking someone is the way to react to anything. Walk away. Especially if you are a public figure. Too many of our players just don't think.

He seems to get into bother regularly......no coincidence surely ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I don't think smacking someone is the way to react to anything. Walk away. Especially if you are a public figure. Too many of our players just don't think.
    That's one of those things that's easy to say but difficult to do in practice. I can't imagine that being a public figure makes it any easier to let anyone spit in your face without consequences.

These guys probably get wound up or threatened most weeks and walk away from it 99% of the time.

ahh, reminds me of Cinderellas nightclub. Tables by the dancefloor....

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice Of Reason View Post
    He seems to get into bother regularly......no coincidence surely ?!?
    How do you define "Regularly"

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Allegedly spat on him.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    That's one of those things that's easy to say but difficult to do in practice. I can't imagine that being a public figure makes it any easier to let anyone spit in your face without consequences.

These guys probably get wound up or threatened most weeks and walk away from it 99% of the time.
    100% correct.

On the nights I have experienced with now ex hibs players you can't go to any pub or club without hearing stupid comments from people walking past or guys coming up and abusing them to there face. Now if I was up town and someone gave me the same abuse i recon a slap would be the least of their worries. If people think it is right to shout abuse in someones face infront of loads of people in a busy public place they get what they deserve.